SASS Wire Forum

The US Open in Sparta, Illinois

Boben Weev

We are one week away and busy as beavers here on the range at Sparta! There is new, fine rock on the walkways. The stagecoach stage has been completely reworked, courtesy of the Kaskaskia Cowboys with the guidance of Wagonmaster Ward. A new office building, small but much needed has been added, with a new side roof and 3 windows for registration. The cemetery has been relocated.

Mose and Bella are working non-stop to make this a great event. From the shooting to side matches, to the Wild Bunch, along with parties, games and a county fair, its going to be a great time! Don't forget to bring your home canned pickles, home pies and cakes to be judged for prizes and bragging rights!

We also look forward to our guests from SASS, Misty Moonshine and Amber Oakley being with us. So, ya all come. Don't miss this one. It will be great! There is still time to register.

We hope everyone will be blown away. Sparta has a great range and Mose and Bella sure know how to put on a great event!

Trickery, nothing but trickery!!! I figured out how this works now. Talk about Gamemanship! Ya'll get me so excited about going, I won't sleep until NEXT Friday night on the 2nd of May. I will arrive all drug out and tired with no ability to concentrate. I won't be able to see my front sights much less the targets. Of course we all know, I didn't have much of chance anyway, so all of these underhanded activities, like having Pristine Props, Superior Scenarios, Fabulous Food, Friendest Folks, Wonderful Weather, Perfect Parties are just wasted on me. So, the question remains: "Who are ya'll really aiming all this underhanded, devious, hard work at??? :0)

KCD

P.S. Why is all the tool bar "greyed out"?

EUREKA!!!!! Finally I got my answer as to why Buffalo Stampede This Year.................I just could not go for the "it's too hot or to cold, or it's to close to mother'd day story............................How many of folks from Co.....New Mex.......Tex...........etc...are going up to Ill. to shoot there..........Tuco.

The range looks GREAT!! The small chat rock on the walkways are going to feel gooooooooodddddddd on some tired dogs at the end of the day. And just in case you haven't heard it from anyone................bring a bunch of shogun shells for the sidematches.......... and YES, YES, YES, 20, count'em, 20 .45 ACP pistol rounds on each of the 4 Wild Bunch stages!!! These are going to be FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

(How can you move a cemetery? That's allot of digging with a backhoe)

I can't wait till the U S Open well wait?????? I guess I can !!!!! !I think it's a great low budget cowboy action range. The place is great, the people are better. I really mean that.,,,,, heck it's only a 60 million dollar shooting range... Sign me up for the main match and side match and team match and parties and lunch and camping and door prizes and annnnnnnnnnnnnd ?????? thanks for putting up with me.. T-Bone

We are one week away and busy as beavers here on the range at Sparta! There is new, fine rock on the walkways. The stagecoach stage has been completely reworked, courtesy of the Kaskaskia Cowboys with the guidance of Wagonmaster Ward. A new office building, small but much needed has been added, with a new side roof and 3 windows for registration. The cemetery has been relocated.

Mose and Bella are working non-stop to make this a great event. From the shooting to side matches, to the Wild Bunch, along with parties, games and a county fair, its going to be a great time! Don't forget to bring your home canned pickles, home pies and cakes to be judged for prizes and bragging rights!

We also look forward to our guests from SASS, Misty Moonshine and Amber Oakley being with us. So, ya all come. Don't miss this one. It will be great! There is still time to register.

The last 2 have been great, It seems to get better ever year. Boben Weev, are there any knock down pistol or rifle targets in the Main Match? Getting ready to start loading ammo. See you next week.

Randy

Randy 0 count em no knockdowns in The main match . Plenty of them in wild bunch and team match matter of fact all 30 of the team targets are knock downs

Sporting clays range is open if anyone wants to play that

Walmart has a palet of featherlights and sts target loads due here on Wednesday before

The whole town is rolling out the red carpet

Campers we secured the executive suite campsites this year with lake access and mama cured lawns

All entertainment and vendors are in the big club house in air conditioning or heat which ever is needed

Randy 0 count em no knockdowns in The main match . Plenty of them in wild bunch and team match matter of fact all 30 of the team targets are knock downs

Sporting clays range is open if anyone wants to play that

Walmart has a palet of featherlights and sts target loads due here on Wednesday before

The whole town is rolling out the red carpet

Campers we secured the executive suite campsites this year with lake access and mama cured lawns

All entertainment and vendors are in the big club house in air conditioning or heat which ever is needed

Thanks for the reply Mose, see ya Thursday.

Randy

Please keep the rain away! I'm planning on coming rain or shine but I've forgotten to make motel reservations! May have to put up a tent or something at this point! I can't make it till Thurs night so will have to miss side matches (work is short handed and won't let me off)

Just a quick update. The category Silver Senior Duelist is now available at the U S Open. If you would like to change to this category please send me an email to kalexa3@yahoo.com and I will get you changed over.

Another posse list will be posted on facebook this afternoon or in the morning as soon as I can get Mose off of the range chores. LOL

This match is shaping up to be a great one. I can't wait until the fair night.

Rusty, the Wild Bunch match will start at 1:30 PM on Thursday, four stages. The pistol will be 20 rounds each and rifle will vary up to 10. Shotgun 6 and sometimes more.

Man, I sure am tired! (Refer to post #4). I can't wait until Friday so I can get a good nights sleep, or, maybe, Saturday night after that fine eatin' at the banquet Mose and Bella so generously offer top notch table food. YEE-HAW! I'm coming, and tell 'em "A Good Time is Coming With Me"!!!

KCD

Archived