SASS Wire Forum

RV trouble- McMahons RV is closed down by law enforcement.

For all you RV'ers this is a big mess in SoCal and Arizona.....

Found out today that McMahons RV was shut down by the Marshalls office in Orange County and CA DMV investigators on April 6, 2014. All the company assets and the owners personal assests were seized and locked up. I got a coupla calls last Friday at work from people wanting to file fraud reports for what they did and we got more today so I did some checking.

Apparently they were reselling used RV's that still had outstanding loans not paid off, delayed registrations, and RV warranties that never were submitted. They just took the $$.

The employees were not being paid in a timely manner either so they lost out too.

Camping World had agreed to buy the company and had put $5 million on the table to settle all the debts and such. They are now saying it will more than $8.5 million.....

I am just glad I didn't buy my RV from them, a lot of people are gonna get hurt over this mess.

Here are a couple links:

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/04/camping-world-moves-to-acquire-mcmahons-rv/

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/04/camping-world-buyout-of-mcmahons-rv-stalls/

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Wonder how many years this has been go'n on? :angry:

LG

From I can find at least since 2009. I found an article where they were shut down before by DMV in 2010 for a few weeks.

The owner owns three multi-million dollar homes in Orange County and four high end Mercedes, all seized.

JJJ-D

Occasionally you'll see a car dealership doing the same thing. They get short on funds and quit paying off outstanding liens on trade in cars with their own cash. Then wait until they sell your trade in (or someone elses) before paying off the lien. As the financial problems build, this turns into robbing Peter to pay Paul. Eventually, the whole thing comes crashing down and lots of folks get hurt. We had a large Dodge dealership do this several years ago.

From I can find at least since 2009. I found an article where they were shut down before by DMV in 2010 for a few weeks.

The owner owns three multi-million dollar homes in Orange County and four high end Mercedes, all seized.

JJJ-D

One of the car dealerships that used to be in the space where McMahons is now was taken over by the manufacturer and eventually closed because they would sell damaged vehicles and not tell the buyer. The manufacturer would give them a discount price on vehicles that were damaged in transit etc. but they would sell them as new for full price. When the buyer went into another dealer for warranty work, etc they would find out about the vehicle's history. I wonder what happened to them.................

Archived