SASS Wire Forum

WAAY OT - Favorite Bourbon?

For those of you who enjoy bourbon, what is your favorite brand and why? If you enjoy other types of liquors, what do you prefer and why? Thank you.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Being from Tennessee, I really like George Dickel N0. 12; a very fine sipping Whisky. (yes, that is how they spell whisky)

The Distillery is near Tullahoma and less that 100 miles form Jack Daniels Distillery. Both make good whisky and both have outstanding , free tours.

Now if it is Kentucky Bourbon, I will have Knob Creek (1st) and Maker's Mark (2nd). But like G#1840 says, a good Single Malt is hard to pass up!

Cheers, Hoss C.

The Balveeny or Dal Mor single malt scotch.

Buffalo Trace is a great bourbon, especially for the cost. At $20 or so a bottle it "performs" just a well as those marked well above that price point.

As for me, I tend to stick with Rye, usually Bulleit or Old Overholt, as they are equally good up, on the rocks or mixed into an Old Fashioned or Manhattan.

For casual drinking I prefer either Rebel Yell or Bench Mark depending on which is on sale. For special occasions Angels Envy.

I like Breckenridge and Stranahan's when I want to splurge. Otherwise Makers Mark or Bulleit suit me fine.

I am also fond of the well made Agave products like Don Julio Reposado or Blanco.

UB, it has been far too long since I have been to Colorado Springs. My well of Stranahans has run dry.

I really need to find some again. I just cannot justify going to CO to get it unless work is paying for it.

My well has also run dry. But I only have to wait till payday. :D

stranahans.jpg

Bulleit

Cody Road (made in LeClaire, Iowa the birthplace of Buffalo Bill) http://www.mrdistilling.com/frame/products_bourbon.shtml

Favorite bourbon. Off topic?

In THE SALOON????

HAR!!

Bourbon: Knob Creek or Breckenridge; a toss-up.

Irish: Powers Gold Label, if you can find it; Powers 12 - year old or Redbreast if you can afford it.

Scotch: Glenmorangie Quanta Rubin.

Life is short. Enjoy.

Now that's just cruel.

Looks good, though.

I like to do still life photos. :D

Favorite bourbon. Off topic?

In THE SALOON????

HAR!!

I was wondering about that....how can anything about booze be Off Topic in the Saloon? Guy musta been drunk when he posted. ;)

Hey...you ever notice that it's the booze that gets drunk, but you get drunker?

I was wondering about that....how can anything about booze be Off Topic in the Saloon? Guy musta been drunk when he posted. ;)

Hey...you ever notice that it's the booze that gets drunk, but you get drunker?

Come to think of it...how can Anything be off topic in the Saloon.

Well, a few things are off limits of course....

My drinking, or even sipping days for that matter, are long over. Back when I drink and could afford to splurge, I drank Gentleman Jack or Single Barrel. Really smoooooooooth.

Had a glass of single barrel on the rocks with a splash of branchwater with dinner.

My son won it as a door prize at a shoot last year. I was told to keep the bottle 'til he was of age.

They said nothing about the contents.

Had a glass of single barrel on the rocks with a splash of branchwater with dinner.

My son won it as a door prize at a shoot last year. I was told to keep the bottle 'til he was of age.

They said nothing about the contents.

Ah, the choices facing a good father.

I'm thinking, well done.

My Bourbon taste is simple and infrequent. Makers Mark will do fine!

SIngle Malt Scotch, on the other hand love them. Overall favorite: Talisker (only brewery on the Isle of Skye - unique flavor). Favorite Islay malt: Bowmore Reserve.

They make some nice "bourbons" in TX now - Rebecca Creek is a real good one. Then there is the 1835 Come and Take It that runs about $20 and is very good. In my experience even the the cheapest bourbon tastes better to me than the expensive single malts. When it somes to bourbon it is kind of like beer and pizza - it is all good, some are just better than others.

A good sugar cane rum is great for sippin as well - somethig from the carribean - not Barcadi.

They make some nice "bourbons" in TX now - Rebecca Creek is a real good one. Then there is the 1835 Come and Take It that runs about $20 and is very good. In my experience even the the cheapest bourbon tastes better to me than the expensive single malts. When it somes to bourbon it is kind of like beer and pizza - it is all good, some are just better than others.

I just got a replenishment of my supply of Rebecca Creek from a friend who went back there to shoot. Last year the cowboys at Trailhead were passing it around for evening sipping and I brought some of it,1835, and some Garrison Brothers home to pass around here. Good stuff!

He also brought back some whiskey labled as a Colorado whiskey, Tincup, that I am trying right now. Also good stuff, but a bit different as it is a blend of "corn, rye, and malt barley"

I also like the Costco "premium small batch" bourbon, Snakebite turned me on to it a few years ago.

Archived