SASS Wire Forum

What do you take to matches 'just in case' that has proved helpful?

Grizzly Dave

Time to clean out my shooting box, it's gotten kind of out of control.

Wondering what you all take to matches, either to have in your cart, or in the car, that has proven to be helpful over the years.

Grizz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First aid kit. Small stuff like bandaids, super glue (closes cuts on finger tips much better than putting a bandaid on that then gets stuck in a gun mechanism or just falls off), sun screen, ibuprofen, aspirin. Every other match someone needs something.

And always the cell phone to make an emergency call for ambulance or life guard helo.

And always a small trauma kit for gunshot and CPR treatment.

Good luck, GJ

LOL Kiowa, and with Filly along you'd best take lots of it!

Hey now, I resemble..................Oh wait......................Spelled different. :ph34r:

A good set of gunsmith screw drivers is inperative. And make sure it includes a bit that'll fit the end cap of a '66/'73

Spare parts; Chicago screws, suspender buttons for leather gear. Gun parts: (set of pistol screws), (firing pin, springs, screws for long guns) screw driver set, small brass hammer, leatherman tool, mag tube wrench, crazy glue and a roll of elastic bandage tape.

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/martin_benke1/kit_zpsead5439b.jpg

Now I don't need to carry all that stuff -you folks already got it all! LOL

Thermos a coffee!!!! Every match. An I quit takin more money than I need cause I have no control. :D

Chicago screws.

A couple of cleaning patches.

I have a little housewife that has some thread, needle, and a couple buttons on it.

phousewife.GIF

Popped a button or two and had to make an emergency repair.

Your first aid kit might need little packets of sunscreen and burn cream.

Baby wipes

Brass rod

BandAids

Glasses wipes

Energy shot

Ibuprophen

Tic Tacs

Bottle of H2O

Fillmore

I like a copy of the rules handbook including the penalty flowchart. Sometimes these are handy when conversing with a TO who knows how to push the start button on the timer and little else.

Screw driver set, gun oil, band-aids, squib rod and Gatorade.

Time to clean out my shooting box, it's gotten kind of out of control.

Wondering what you all take to matches, either to have in your cart, or in the car, that has proven to be helpful over the years.

Grizz

A co-pilot & cart-driver has become nigh on to indispensable for me...especially since last summer.

^_^

There's a lot of stuff you could take and everyone does.

As far as tools go, I take a kit I made up, but especially

---- Brownells driver set

---- Gunsmith's soft hammer (3/4" Brownells combo nylon/brass)

---- A nine-inch long, .38 caliber (I think it's 11/32") solid brass rod with rounded ends. I use it as a range rod to clear barrel obstructions (i.e. squibs, stuck cases, etc. It will also do for larger calibers. It's heavy enough to do the job and short enough to store easily.

A co-pilot & cart-driver has become nigh on to indispensable for me...especially since last summer.

^_^

I try to keep my cart as light as I can, and don't mind pushing it, it acts kinda like a walker :D

A big ole' 55 gallon plastic trash bag folds up nice & tiny.... comes in handy to cover whole cart in case of a quick coming shower.

You haven't seen my cart-driver, have ya?

She's good company as well (even when she beats me in a match)

;)

Well I might just forgo having my walker for one of those!

Something to sit on (and forget at the stage I just shot)

Peanut Butter wrap!!! energy bar, 5 hr energy drink, and water!!!! and camera, guns, ammo, screwdriver, trauma kit, oil, glasses and ears...

Baby wipes

+1. I was the hero of a shootin' get-together when it came lunchtime and there was no place to wash up, because I had a jar of baby wipes in my bag.

Other items I always have with me when I'm outdoors:

sunscreen

safety pins

bug repellent spray during warm weather (I don't care what the enviros say, this kid takes a spray can because I can't reach the middle of my back with the lotion.)

water

toilet paper

gunsmith screwdrivers

extra timer

hand primer for those high primers I'm famous for

water/Gatorade

complete extra set of firearms for that 'new guy' that shows up just to watch plus makes good back-ups for me

ammo for ^

couple of hats

jacket, sweat shirt, vest, bigger jacket (don't handle cold well)

crackers with peanut butter

towels

umbrella (actually stays in truck)

4 x 6 tarp--always find a use for that--covering gun cart. Lying on road trying to figure out what fell off truck motor.

my 5 hr energy drinks are Costco brand, a fraction the cost of the "real" stuff, usually drink it after the match to keep awake on the way home, figured out why they put those little bumps in the middle of the road,,,,, wakem up bumps!!

Archived