SASS Wire Forum

Pulled to sell locally - WTS/WTT 1894 Winchester Carbine

Hello the Fire,

We decided to Sell or Trade a Winchester Model 94 Carbine 20" Barrel chambered in 30-30 Winchester caliber - 100% Factory Original - It was purchased from a collector who said he fired it very little. The 20" Barrel is in mint condition and retains all of its original bluing. The bore is excellent; bright and clean with excellent rifling. The under-tube and rings also retain all of their original bluing. The receiver is very good with spotty blue loss only at the Tang behind hammer where he carried/handled it then put away before wiping off with a silicon cloth. Lever action functions properly, smoothly and safely. The walnut stock is beautiful and retains its original finish and there are no major flaws. Stock plastic Winchester butt plate is original with nice checkering and the Winchester Logo. This rifle appears completely original and was manufactured in 1972 - Serial #: 36721XX - (NO BOX OR PAPERS).

We are looking for *$800 + Shipping or trading for some 38's that Cylinderella can shoot in SASS or maybe a Dillon press if it is setup for any of these Cal. 44 Spec/Mag, 45 LC or 44-40 WCF; but will consider other trades.

Photos: http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/MC_Burnside/media/30-307_zpsd5d2af00.jpg.html

Thanks for looking

Charlie

BTT

BTT once again - someone has to want it.

Howdy,

This is a reasonable gun for lever side matches.

Not a main match gun but sure could be useful.

24 inch would get ever drop outta 3030.

Best

CR

ps---You listed two barrel lengths, what up ????

Didn't see that, it is 20", I corrected it. thanks for catching it for me Chili Ron.

Bump

I've looked at the pictures and don't see a saddle ring, on either side.

Thanks Bad Hand, I really was not trying to misrepresent it, I was on my way out the door & had both of the 30-30's out trying to decide which to list when I wrote the description and did not proof it like I have when I've responded to whats the calls. Should have put the NIB one back before I started. I pulled it out of the safe & went through it while rereading the description. I corrected it accordingly. I appreaicate the catch. I can also add that after 3 rounds it is a straight shooter. It was going to replace the Marlin 44 Mag as a deer hunter but the missus said we didn't need 2 30-30s so had to choose which one to let go of.

Charlie

Post 1964 Winchester 94's with 20 inch barrel typically sale for $300-$400.

Neches, thanks for your input. FYI I went to 4 auctions selling lots of Winchesters here in ND to see what they were going for before deciding to sell this one. Lowest price for them was $600 for older 22, after that they were from lowest to highest $875 $1,400 for a non-special lever actions Commeratives started at $1,300 to $3,800.

I wanted it to go to a cowboy at what I thought was a fair price. There is another auction with about 25 this next week. If it doesn't go by then I guess I can consign it with them or just pull it from here & sell it loally. Glad you can find them cheap where you live, wish it was the case here.

Charlie

Would a Marlin 44-40 be of any interest??

TL

pm sent

Archived