SASS Wire Forum

Two Questions about Reich and Reid

This thread is not about Bundy's cattle and the BLM.; it is about comments made by two political figures since that confrontation occurred.

I just have two questions:

First: Why would Reid's comments characterizing Bundy's supporters as "domestic terrorists" be followed by Robert Reich's comments characterizing the same folks as "a collection of thugs armed with assault rifles"?

Second: Is there a certain amount of irony in Reich, who supported the "Occupy" movement, complaining about a rancher who continues to use Federal land after he is ordered not to?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/22/former-labor-secretary-reich-blasts-bundy/

If I were a suspicious person, I would be thinking about whether someone had passed out "talking points" to be used in the press whenever possible......or could it be as simple as an over-the-hill political appointee trying to get back in the action?

And I'd also be thinking that there are some similarities between Putin's disinformation campaign in the Crimea, characterizing folks who oppose his invasion as "terrorists", and these kinds of news reports.

LL

First: Why would Reid's comments characterizing Bundy's supporters as "domestic terrorists" be followed by Robert Reich's comments characterizing the same folks as "a collection of thugs armed with assault rifles"?

They're working out of the same playbook, and likely have the same coach.

Second: Is there a certain amount of irony in Reich, who supported the "Occupy" movement, complaining about a rancher who continues to use Federal land after he is ordered not to?

You need to ask yourself, "What was the aim of the Occupiers?" (side note, look up what "occupy" means in Elizabethan slang) The aim was to have the federal government take even more from more people. They can't stand to see anyone but themselves have anything.

Archived