SASS Wire Forum

Whacha think?

Red Cent

ldT5eyJ.jpg

kXsDA79.jpg

Interesting and different set up with the double buckles up front. Are you the buyer of these rigs, or the maker?

maker.

Thank you.

That's some really fine stitching. Did you do that by hand?

I'm just starting to learn to work leather and I can tell that's going to be a challenge.

That's an interesting design on the first holster, with pouch stitching in front and the revolver's trigger guard resting on an unstitched part of the pouch. That would prevent the tendency for the stitching to come apart at the trigger guard, like I've seen some holsters do.

Is that your original idea? I also like the double buckle idea.

Very creative, congratulations on the good craftsmanship. I wish I had the talent.

Nice rigs. Are the holsters SASS legal since they don't cover the trigger? Or am I getting my competition organizations mixed up?

I use a Cobra 4 for sewing. I don't know of anyone making the reverse sewn holsters. Some time ago, I heard there was someone in Texas making them.

Widowmaker, I polished the cylinders, the extractor housing and grip frame.

ZzLRZwf.jpg

Marauder, if the customer wants that,...... done.

Thank you Allie Mo.

Widowmaker, the flat of the back of the Blackhawk rear sight is ribbed. I touched the ridges only. Obvious but not busy.

Judge, a lot of thought and planning went into those and they have great retention. On a normal "match" draw, you wouldn't notice it. Slowly try to lift them from the holsters and they will have a modicum of friction. Just enough (IMO).

I like the double buckle set-up. Allows for....ummmm....."growth" of the shooter in the game. ;)

EC

First time I saw the double buckle rig design was in the movie, The Professionals. I believe, but not sure now, that Lee Marvin wore the double buckle rig. I also believe there's either an example of ths or a photo of Lee Marvin wearing the two-buckle rig in the book, Packing Iron.

I sure liked Lee Marvin. He was the baaaddest of the bad guys, especially as Liberty Valance in the movie, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Strother Martin and Lee Van Cleef were pretty darn good too, in that movie. Why stop there? The entire cast was exceptional.

Craig Stevens wore a double buckle in "Ride Lonesome". I have noticed quite a few since I started making them.

Archived