SASS Wire Forum

So, I walked out in the yard and found this...

Dorado

EasterBunnyFacehugger_zpsdaae89d0.jpg

Guess there won't be any eggs this year...

I kinda forgot about Easter what with one thing and another. I was in Walmart today and made the mistake of going down the candy aisle. Lucky to escape with my life.

I miss dying Easter eggs and making the Easter basket for our daughter who is now 30 and lives 160 miles away. Maybe I'll get to do it again when/if I get grandkid(s). I hope so. Now I know why my in-laws were so excited when we announced we were going to have a baby after 8 years of marriage.

Our 18 month old GGgrandson got to use his grandmother's egg basket we purchased 52 years ago in Germany. He had a terrible time trying to figure out what the heck his mamma was trying to get him to do. Then he realized that someone had thrown eggs all over the yard. If the bunny could throw them then so could he. Quite an arm on the kid.

Next year will be better.

So I gave the Kid an Easter basket. Usual kid stuff... and a set of offset wrenches buried under the candy. More useful than chocolate bunnies, don'tcha know.

Quick trip to the ER for a few stitches then on with the day.

Sassparilla's Easter lesson for this year: When cutting the security junk off a new set of wrenches, use a nipper. Not an antique Solingen dagger. Needle point and razor sharp, and ya don't even hardly feel it when it finds an opening in the plastic and sinks into your leg.

"But Dad... it was handy!" ^_^

So I gave the Kid an Easter basket. Usual kid stuff... and a set of offset wrenches buried under the candy. More useful than chocolate bunnies, don'tcha know.

Quick trip to the ER for a few stitches then on with the day.

Sassparilla's Easter lesson for this year: When cutting the security junk off a new set of wrenches, use a nipper. Not an antique Solingen dagger. Needle point and razor sharp, and ya don't even hardly feel it when it finds an opening in the plastic and sinks into your leg.

I think I've done that more than a few times. lol

Like my dad used to say, "You don't really know how to use a tool until you know three ways to abuse it." But you gotta watch out for the tools that fight back.

I've never eaten stuffed duck. Is that anything like stuffed turkey?

I've never eaten stuffed duck. Is that anything like stuffed turkey?

They're stuffed with Peeps!

Archived