SASS Wire Forum

Are you actually reading the online Chronical?

I am a Life Member, and I don't feel any "contract," cowboy or otherwise, was ever in place or implied. I am perfectly happy with the online version, and will read it just about as often as I read the paper. Really guys, we all need to be worrying about more important things that are effecting this shooting sport, and other shooting sports, than a paper CC!!

+10000

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The paper hasn't been cancelled just yet; just need to pay extra for it now. I'd personally be Ok with a change to quarterly and I'd still be willing to pay a small fee. IMO SASS should call life members, the ones that were life members prior to this decision, and ask them if they even read the paper copy; if so those should keep getting it free. Maybe that means the rest have to pay a little extra but so be it. My guess is there are a lot that couldn't care less about either version.

Pay attention this time -- the paper CC is deader 'n a dodo. ONLY a few hundred have sent in the $35. There will be NO paper CC unless someone in authority who realizes how important it is for many reasons intervenes and saves it. Again, the 5000 minimum is NOT going to be attained. That boat just is not gonna float.

BK, what does us being friends have to do with anything pertinent to this discussion? I do not get your point tho I am sure you have one. I am still a luddite despairing the death of a favorite hold in the hands paper physical publication.

Pay attention this time -- the paper CC is deader 'n a dodo. ONLY a few hundred have sent in the $35. There will be NO paper CC unless someone in authority who realizes how important it is for many reasons intervenes and saves it. Again, the 5000 minimum is NOT going to be attained. That boat just is not gonna float.

BK, what does us being friends have to do with anything pertinent to this discussion? I do not get your point tho I am sure you have one. I am still a luddite despairing the death of a favorite hold in the hands paper physical publication.

Again, assumptions that those in "authority" don't know their business (SASS)...apparently as well as YOU seem to know it.

Wow...

I do not know squat about their business and am not claiming to. And you do? I only know what I know and that is I THINK killing the paper CC is a major mistake for the many reasons already stated. You don't. But one more time I will point out to you the fact that we are both entitled to and allowed to express our opinions.

What amazes me is how you can continue to hold a grudge against certain of us for years and years and never overlook an opportunity to get snide. Let it go man.

Oy.

I do not know squat about their business and am not claiming to. And you do? I only know what I know and that is I THINK killing the paper CC is a major mistake for the many reasons already stated. You don't. But one more time I will point out to you the fact that we are both entitled to and allowed to express our opinions.

What amazes me is how you can continue to hold a grudge against certain of us for years and years and never overlook an opportunity to get snide. Let it go man.

Oy.

First - you make statements such as: NO paper CC unless someone in authority who realizes how important it is for many reasons intervenes and saves it.

Now using this statement as context to my comments...and there ya go. You're making exactly those assumptions that I was referring to.

You have a tendency to make a lot of statements that when asked to back-up, you point your finger and say we all are entitled to express our opinion.

Back your opinions up!

Second - You give yourself WAY to much worth in my life. Your belief that I make my comments regarding your posts based on some kind of grudge is evidence that you look for convenient explanations for opposing views.

Phantom

Hello lamp......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................Hello pants......................................................................................................................................................

:)

I was fortunate enought to meet with Tex and Cat at the UT State shoot this past week. I was VERY negative about the online Chronicle on another thread because I couldn't read it on my ancient computer without a magnifying glass due to the way it was formatted. Tex showed me how to get it at full page size and my hasty comments I am WITHDRAWING. I also seriously doubt that there will be enough members pay the extra money to support a printed Chronicle. I printed catalogs for my company for over 27 years and I can tell you that there is no way a short run can be done reasonably anymore. Offset printing needed for short runs needs better paper than web printing and the final cost is the same. Sadly I don't think there is any practical way financially to print the CC. Since I don't have wifi??? or whatever you need and I don't have a portable computer or smart phone I will have to read it at my desk, but that is OK. My only concern is the long term viability of SASS and if the digital Chronicle is important to that I am fine with it. I, like many others, am a Life member and SASS gets no money from me every year unless I make some "donation". I think about 20% of current active membership is Life members so I fully understand that there isn't huge amounts of cash flow coming into the organization.

Our time would be better spent recruiting more members than complaining about the inevitable.

" Closing a Topic: Procedural SASS Wire Moderators have the authority to Close Topics and are directed to do so when the message: • Is beating a dead horse; • Is instigating in nature; • Contains good and valuable information but is heading in a non-productive direction; • Point is clearly made, both sides had their say or a truce or mutual understanding is made."

I will leave the thread open to give people who have not yet replied a chance to do so. However, some of you need to step away from the thread. You have had your say, we know what you think.

BTW, the only people who have the ability to post that I empathize with are those with dial up. BTDT, not fun. A potential solution would be to have "print friendly" version without pictures. Still, I understand that is not as good for you as the old paper version.

Suggestion: Spread the word at your matches that folks wanting a paper Chronicle need to contact SASS with payment information.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I read it on line and like it, being in a wheelchair I'm at the

computer all day anyway, playing FaceBook, I keep it on

for 4 or 5 days until I read all I want to anyway, so yeah I like it......

West Fargo, SASS 1910 Life......

I am a Life Member, and I don't feel any "contract," cowboy or otherwise, was ever in place or implied. I am perfectly happy with the online version, and will read it just about as often as I read the paper. Really guys, we all need to be worrying about more important things that are effecting this shooting sport, and other shooting sports, than a paper CC!!

10-4 this!

GG

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Well, I've got two stacks of them here about a foot thick if anyone would want to have them for a collector's item.

Mustang Gregg

Well,

I'm getting the hang of navigating the digital Chronicle. Nice not to need to wear reading glasses, just change page size to suit. The color pics are great and really like the links from advertisements to websites. Works good for me.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

I just read the latest issue while eating lunch at work. I like having it electronic. It's accessible to me in more places. BTW, I've had my picture in the last two issues of the CC.

:lol::D well..dang, ERSC... no wonder you read it! by golly yer famous!

Thanks for the reminder.... Since SASS changed the FORMAT and the delivery I was wondering if folks would have the same problem if they changed from a paper to a magazine?

Now, having written that I'd be willing to wager at least 4 pages of angst over even that change. :o

It's not that SASS dropped the CC. They changed the format and the delivery, while offering an option to retain the format pending subscriptions. I'm thinking that out of ~50k active there probably aren't even 10% that don't have I-net access.

All this talk about the printed newsletter I wanted to let you guys know what I do with mine. Well at least once that is.

I have a production company that shoots video for television and web commercials.

This scene was part of a cowboy series we shot using me as the actor since I have the cowboy gear anyway.

The newspaper I'm reading is the Cowboy Chronicle with a fake 1870's newspaper front page over it.

Also as I put down the newspaper I'm wearing my SASS badge. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S42fE5sHou4

Jake

All this talk about the printed newsletter I wanted to let you guys know what I do with mine. Well at least once that is.

I have a production company that shoots video for television and web commercials.

This scene was part of a cowboy series we shot using me as the actor since I have the cowboy gear anyway.

The newspaper I'm reading is the Cowboy Chronicle with a fake 1870's newspaper front page over it.

Also as I put down the newspaper I'm wearing my SASS badge. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S42fE5sHou4

Jake

B) Go git 'em sheriff!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I paid my money to keep getting the Cowboy Canonical But still have not revived the April Issue .

I Emailed every email address listed on the SASS web sight with NO response back :angry:

Called every person I could and left a message with NO response Back :angry:

My Pard just went to the NRA Convention and come back with a FREE April Issue of the Cowboy Canonical XXX ?

I guess SASS just dont need to keep members to survive.

Its a self sufficient Entity :lol:

I paid my money to keep getting the Cowboy Canonical But still have not revived the April Issue .

I Emailed every email address listed on the SASS web sight with NO response back :angry:

Called every person I could and left a message with NO response Back :angry:

My Pard just went to the NRA Convention and come back with a FREE April Issue of the Cowboy Canonical?

I guess SASS just dont need to keep members to survive.

Its a self sufficient Entity :lol:

You did receive a response from Misty Moonshine on another thread where you posted the same complaints.

See post #6 on this thread.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=221438

They were at the NRA convention, perhaps that is why you did not get an immediate reply.

Archived