SASS Wire Forum

Are you actually reading the online Chronical?

No

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the on-line version. I can live with it, but I don't especially like having to do all that scrolling. (I have a similar situation with Aviation Week & Space Technology Magazine, which I also get a hard copy, albeit a week later. I don't have a laptop with WiFi connection, so I have to read it on my table-top computer. Which prevents me from taking the paper copy into the...ah, uh, "throne room" to read! <_< I am not going to pay extra to subscribe to the hardcopy version, however. I have become less active in actual SASS shooting, due to the press of business, schedule conflicts with the nearest club, etc. So, the articles about remote (to me) matches are of less interest. I understand why this was necessary. (The weekday issues of the Denver Post have fewer pages than the last issue of the Chronicle.) But I don't really like it! :(

I haven't read it. I did read the printed version. Actually, when the mail came, I read the Chronicle. Now, I actually forgot it. The printed version was always passed on to others but the on-line one still hasn't been read by me! For many years, I have been concerned about SASS' financial status. It must be really poor to have to drop the house publication.

During my former career, I was financial cousel for several bankrupt corporations so I am sadly aware of the usual disturbing signs! :-(

I haven't read it. I did read the printed version. Actually, when the mail came, I read the Chronicle. Now, I actually forgot it. The printed version was always passed on to others but the on-line one still hasn't been read by me! For many years, I have been concerned about SASS' financial status. It must be really poor to have to drop the house publication.

During my former career, I was financial cousel for several bankrupt corporations so I am sadly aware of the usual disturbing signs! :-(

NOPE Used to like reading the paper version while eating breakfast in the morning. Kind of relaxing but I'm not going to spend $80 bucks for it. AAHHH progress. :-(

It's only $35.00

Phantom! :(

He did not say that.

Regards,

Allie

I know...kinda. The comments seem to follow the same line. That is...we don't get anything outta being members of SASS other then a Card, Sticker...and the paper CC.

My stance is that if that ALL one's sees...then perhaps they should just save their money and play another game.

I see a lot more the just a Card, Sticker and paper CC.

But...that's just me.

;)

Prefer the paper which can be shared.

Haven't seen the online ever and don't really care.

"Eat your broccoli"

"I don't like broccoli mom"

"Have you tried it?"

"No, I just know I won't like it"

And BTW, it is WAY easier to share an electronic version, of which I can send out unlimited copies, than a paper version, of which you can only share one!

I know...kinda. The comments seem to follow the same line. That is...we don't get anything outta being members of SASS other then a Card, Sticker...and the paper CC.

My stance is that if that ALL one's sees...then perhaps they should just save their money and play another game.

But...that's just me.

;)

+1 (x1000)

But...that's just me.

;)

For those that don't shoot state shoots and above, what more do you get that you aren't getting anyway? The friendship and fellowship isn't granted to someone magically by a card. I actually have no complaint with the way this is being done for new and annual members. The rules are there, take it or leave it. It is for the life members that wanted a paper to read, not some online stuff. I tried it, gave it a chance, and will never read it again probably. I've been out of the game for a while, and was fixing to get back into it. If this SASS's (the corporation) new attitude, I really am having serious second thoughts. The old SASS gave a hoot what the members wanted.

For those that don't shoot state shoots and above, what more do you get that you aren't getting anyway? The friendship and fellowship isn't granted to someone magically by a card. I actually have no complaint with the way this is being done for new and annual members. The rules are there, take it or leave it. It is for the life members that wanted a paper to read, not some online stuff. I tried it, gave it a chance, and will never read it again probably. I've been out of the game for a while, and was fixing to get back into it. If this SASS's (the corporation) new attitude, I really am having serious second thoughts. The old SASS gave a hoot what the members wanted.

Oh my! How can a TG be out of the game?

Please read this. http://www.sassnet.com/TG-Main-001A.php

Oh my! How can a TG be out of the game?

Please read this. http://www.sassnet.com/TG-Main-001A.php

Did I miss something Allie Mo (and it is very possible, never claimed to be a computer whiz!)? I didn't see my name anywhere, and it has been a lifetime ago since I was a TG. Ok, at least 8 or 9 years I think....

BA

I've only been doing this for six years so I don't know much about SASS before then. But what I do know is over the last year or so SASS has been working for a stable future. That to me is a huge part of customer service. If there is no company there can't be customer service. I've said on other post and will repeat. If you want to move on to some other type of shooting then I wish you the best and hope you support the sanctioning body. If you stay in cowboy shooting then I think it's only right you support SASS and all the volunteers that keep this sport going.

I've only been doing this for six years so I don't know much about SASS before then. But what I do know is over the last year or so SASS has been working for a stable future. That to me is a huge part of customer service. If there is no company there can't be customer service. I've said on other post and will repeat. If you want to move on to some other type of shooting then I wish you the best and hope you support the sanctioning body. If you stay in cowboy shooting then I think it's only right you support SASS and all the volunteers that keep this sport going.

Uh, I did when I was shooting......got my lifetime membership, went to the convention in Vegas four or five times, tried to support the vendors, was a TG for a couple of years, worked at the range a lot, etc. They also have the obligation to live up to their promises. Read what I wrote....changing future membership rules are fine, don't change the past promises. I agree with the support, it just goes both ways.

BA

I understand that you are disappointed as are a few people I know. But you can still get the chronicle and no one up to this point has shown any agreement that it had to be in paper forum. I have also wondered (you may not fit in this group) how many members paid more when thier quartely paper started showing up bi monthly and then monthly. Seems people aren't in such a hurry to pay extra when they get it but change the format and all he!! breaks loose. I miss the paper but I would miss SASS a whole lot more.

I understand that you are disappointed as are a few people I know. But you can still get the chronicle and no one up to this point has shown any agreement that it had to be in paper forum. I have also wondered (you may not fit in this group) how many members paid more when thier quartely paper started showing up bi monthly and then monthly. Seems people aren't in such a hurry to pay extra when they get it but change the format and all he!! breaks loose. I miss the paper but I would miss SASS a whole lot more.

Well, as far as I know the online chronicle didn't exist back when I signed up. And btw, since it's hard to tell on a computer, I am not saying any of this in a fighting tone. Just disappointed that it can be done. I wonder what the percentage of members even get on this site. I bet there will be quite a few that don't even know about the change till the chronicle stops arriving at their door. Oh well, that's what happens when you pay for a life membership and the king changes the rules. Ya'll have fun.

Well, as far as I know the online chronicle didn't exist back when I signed up. And btw, since it's hard to tell on a computer, I am not saying any of this in a fighting tone. Just disappointed that it can be done. I wonder what the percentage of members even get on this site. I bet there will be quite a few that don't even know about the change till the chronicle stops arriving at their door. Oh well, that's what happens when you pay for a life membership and the king changes the rules. Ya'll have fun.

You've made some interesting points...shall we call them...

So tell me, what would you have them do???? Produce then CC in paper for Life Members?

What is YOUR solution???

And who is the "King"?????

Looking forward to your answers...

Phantom

I switched to electronic copy before the change. i read everything except the stories about matches. I personally find those boring.

I think the addvertisers are the ones really getting Short-Changed, I used to read the CC over and over again Including the adds and over the years have ordered from those same adds... But I still haven't read my Feb. ,March or April CC and when I do I will only read what perks my intrest and not the adds ..

And I think the Life Members have cause to be unhappy with this change of deal ...

Jabez Cowboy

I think the addvertisers are the ones really getting Short-Changed, I used to read the CC over and over again Including the adds and over the years have ordered from those same adds... But I still haven't read my Feb. ,March or April CC and when I do I will only read what perks my intrest and not the adds ..

And I think the Life Members have cause to be unhappy with this change of deal ...

Jabez Cowboy

Hmm...

I got hardcopies of the February and March Chronicles.

Archived