SASS Wire Forum

Are you actually reading the online Chronical?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my paper copy Tuesday. Best $35.00 I've spent in a long time. I'm reading' it slowly with my coffee at breakfast. I have not even looked at the digital version this month. Thanks but no thanks I'll pay for the paper copy as long as they have it.

Rye ;)

While the graphics and color quality are much better on-line, I just can't seem to get into reading it in the computer.

NO

I used to flip through the printed copy just to check out shoots I may want to go to. Tried the online version and thought it was fine. Thing is so far I forget to go online and read it.

Sure have. I ordered the print version, but always read the on-line one if it gets here first. Easy enough to get around on, and I really like the pictures in glorious color.

Yes :D . At first I thought I'd be agin it. However, I really like it, especially the clean crisp color photos and adds. Used to just breeze throught the adds, now I found a few things from vendors that I needed. Plus if there is an article or recipe I want to save I can just copy and paste to a file, much easier than thumbing through a three foot high stack of old CCs :wacko: . Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

I tried the online version. DON'T LIKE IT !!!!! I paid the money for the printed version the very day I heard about it. Even though I am a life member, I will continue to pay for the printed copies as long as they continue with it. Once the online version is the only one available I will just quit reading it.

I look at the digital version more now than I did the printed version.

Nope

I have two "online" copies so far waiting to be read. Haven't done it yet. Probably won't. I liked the printed CC much better, but there is no way I can afford the extree dinero for the printed.

Having said that, I just renewed my subscription. I just like being a part of SASS, cowboys and cowgirls.

I still read it. Too far from the States not to read it! Not a big change: instead of waiting for the monthly mail in the box, I wait for the email! No problem as long as I receive the email telling me it's available. I think that email is the key issue.

Jef

Sorry to say that I am not. The taller than wide format just does not work well on a computer screen, which is wider than tall. Plus, things like "continued on page 50" are unworkable in an online document. Since this is not for print anymore, the format needs to be radically changed. Scrolling the screen up and down is just irritating to have to do.

Yes. Works ok on the mini iPad but is better on a full size one. Ads are fine and having links immediately accessible makes it more convenient to quickly look at an item and then get right back to reading where I left off.

I really couldn't agree more. I'd flip thru the first couple of pages of the printed copy, then throw it in a pile. With the online version, I find that I pay more attention to it AND check out a lot more ads.

Don't get me wrong, I miss my stack of papers, but then again I can be a packrat...

Sorry to say that I am not. The taller than wide format just does not work well on a computer screen, which is wider than tall. Plus, things like "continued on page 50" are unworkable in an online document. Since this is not for print anymore, the format needs to be radically changed. Scrolling the screen up and down is just irritating to have to do.

It is still available in print, it'll only cost ya $35.00 a year, I mean c'mon that's not gonna break anybody! It sure was nice to read my paper copy this morning' with my coffee! ;) Rye

I'll add this comment:

SASS is a "for profit" business which is great, and you will always have "10 farmers/10 opinions" when it comes to any discussion with the public.

Having said that they are in the business to make money. It is not uncommon in small business to have an item that may actually cost them a little bit to sell, but they do so because that one particular item (or few) bring people in and in doing so encourage them to by more things.

If something is a hard drain then it needs to go- I get that. But judging by the numbers or responses here, SASS could drop maybe 60-70% of the printed copies and radically reduce out-go, and in doing so keep 30-40% of the folks providing them living up-beat about the whole deal. And like has been said, many a copy of the CC has herded folks in to join SASS....

To me that would be wise marketing. Just print it out for the small percentage that actually read and enjoy it at the table.

No, I scan it , but go to the paper copy. Read all the interesting stuff, then go back and reread everything. And I don't have to sit in front of a computer to do it. Computers are "toys" to me ,,,,, not my life. I go on mine every 2-3-4 days. I'll adapt when I absolutely have to ,,, kicking and screaming :D. Yah ,,, I'm practicing now !! I know ,,,,,,,, it's coming. :(

Isom

YES. With a but, I had a habit of buying $50 reconditioned old Dell XP computers from a close by computer repair shop and my better half kept telling me I need to get into the 21st. century and finally got a brand new IMAC. The difference is night and day and can now scan the Chronicle by simply just scrolling up or down full pages. Just like the rest of the stuff I usually want to keep up with. Now when I visit the throne , still have Dillon Blue Press as well as several more reading choices. So I likely will read the Chronicle more better on the larger format than the printed version.

Archived