SASS Wire Forum

Are you actually reading the online Chronical?

I've found that I have looked at about 1 percent of the new on line Chronical, I use to peruse the whole thing when I got it in the mail, then read the articles that interested me first, eventually getting most of it read... I wonder how the rest of you are looking at it, and this isn't bashing the new format, just an observation???

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the electronic one just like the paper one and have been doing so for a few years. It's even better now, IMHO, of course. Times they are a changing, my local newspaper is now $1.50 per daily copy and $2.00 for Sunday. It's much cheaper electronically.

I've read it. Isn't too hard to navigate. Why it's still in the "newspaper" form is beyond me. Would I like the printed bersion better.....yes I would. That's not gonna happen so I'll read it online..........the words aren't any different.

CS

yes

I haven't read it yet. I find I also haven't read a single page of American Rifleman in the years since I told NRA to switch me to the online version.

It was the paper chronicle that gave me the idea of getting into cowboy shooting and joining SASS. In my barracks in Afghanistan we had a table in the hall where people put their books after they read them, and somebody left a SASS chronicle there and I read it and mentioned to my wife that we should do it. Harder to share an online version like that.

Haven't had the hard copy since I moved a few years, I didn't miss it. When I got the email about the e-version I went and checked it out until I got to the advertisement about the Western Regional, which is at my own club. After that, I closed it.

Fillmore

No. But if someone tells me about something interesting in it I'll go look.

When it was paper i'd kinda be like when a Cabela's or Bass Pro catalog would show up. I'd rummage thru it then leave on the coffee table till the wife told me to recycle it.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

No and I have a fast internet (100 mbs) Read paper one cover to cover, mainly outside on the back porch.

I cannot stand to sit at the computer for more than 10 or 15 minutes. I do miss the CC in Paper!

Hoss C.

I tried but it doesn't work well with my ASUS tablet. For some reason it will only show every other page when zoomed in large enough to read. Anybody else have the same problem? And yes, I used to read about 90% of the printed version.

No. Is there a new one out from the last printed one? As it was less than a month ago.

But I did not read it either.

Tex and his junk he printed in there got me to not want to read it anymore.

I go to this page and click on the specific month. That way I get a pdf version and I like that much better than the one that comes up when you click on Click here to view the most recent digital issue.

and yes, I like the new version though I don't have anything to wrap the fish heads in now.

No. Normally read the print version cover to cover.

What he said---Usually pick it up through out the month even after the initial read. I hate starring at a screen so just get through it once quick now and then seem to forget it, as it's not just sitting next to my chair. "It Is What It Is", at least we still get it.

I read the new one...

I was able to read the April Chronicle at the end of March..

Usually didn't receive the paper one til 12th.-15th. of the month..

I like the fact that the online one doesn't make you skip from page 12 to (continued on page 36..)

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I ain't use to it yet.. :blush:

but still tryin' ta work with it :)

Nope can't stand reading stuff like that on the computer. Tough to bounce around like I did the paper version.. ;) At least with my computer.. <_<

I see the reason for it,at least it's there if I want to see something of importance...

Yes I used to get thru the entire thing after a fashion, but not on line, too lazy to go to the computer, was easier to just pick it up and skim thru while watching the tube... :D

Spades H.

NO !

Tried it and I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL !

I paid my money to keep the paper back .

I still have not received it yet .

I will say though .

If the powers to be made it easier to read .

It would be a little more excepted .

Kinda sucks to start reading and then scroll down a page the back up a page .

Then finish the story on page 89.

I read the most recent on-line CC...you can have it...not for me. I too, used to read the printed Chronicle cover to cover, including the adds. I think my days of thoroughly enjoying reading the Chronicle, including Tex's editorials, have pretty much come to an end.

I tried the online and didn't like it either. I always looked forward to getting the new one and sitting down with a cup of coffee and slowly moving through the pages and reading.

A shame that we would have double our dues to get it back...............

HEY! for all the people that LIKE the online they can continue to read it on the computer...

...which means WE could still get it in print!

And SASS printing costs would be massively cheaper!

A win-win for everyone!

;)

I paid the extra $35.00 to get the paper copy.

Really don't like reading it on a computer screen.

Being fairly new and having never received the paper version, except from other pards, Yes I read the online version. Having said that, I did like the printed version. I read the online once and forget about it. I used to read the hand-me-down ones several times. Hard to read the online one in the outhouse.

Yes, I read the online version and have nothing against it as far as readability.

Though I have to admit that I do miss having a hard copy to read away from the computer.

I guess if it really bothered me that much I could always print out the PDF file.

Not the actual "need-to-be-online" version, but I do read the PDF version front to back. Always with me on my phone or iPad, which is more than I could ever say for the print version, which always used to get lost in a pile of mail or magazines at home

Yes. Works ok on the mini iPad but is better on a full size one. Ads are fine and having links immediately accessible makes it more convenient to quickly look at an item and then get right back to reading where I left off.

I've alays read the on line version ever since I became a member. I have had the opportunity to read the paper version a few times. I don't see any difference, the online version doesn't take up as much space, that way it's always possible to go back to a past article that you might want to reread.

Frenchy

Archived