SASS Wire Forum

Hoss Cartrights given name..

Was watching Bonanza today and heard Hoss introduced by his father as Eric!!

first time I ever heard that!

My dad always called me Hoss. I knew when I was picking an alias it would have Hoss in there somewhere.

Hoss' mother was a swede. Little Joe's was a cajun from New Orleans. Adam's was a New Englander as I recall. Ole Ben was sure hard on wives......

Yup!

Sick at home last week and got to watch a bunch of old TV westerns... including the "flashback" episode of Bonanza where a down-on-his-luck widower Ben Cartwright, moving across the country with his young son Adam, met and married Hoss's mom, Inger. A sturdy Swedish lass! :)

My dad always called me Hoss. I knew when I was picking an alias it would have Hoss in there somewhere.

Hoss' mother was a swede. Little Joe's was a cajun from New Orleans. Adam's was a New Englander as I recall. Ole Ben was sure hard on wives......

I've been calling my son "Hoss" for about 3 years now. Tried to talk him into that as part of his alias; I guess he sort of did by choosing Mustang Lewis.

Swedes with a c. Norwegians with a k.

Shucks, dad always called me a Hoss's A** :huh:

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

I am a Hoss too: Hoss Carpenter! Had that alias since 98. I was Pecos Bob my first three or four years of SASS.

Let's see here..........ifin' my sciferin' is rat and my Bulleit supply is rat, ole Ben had more wife's than my Pa did !

LAWDY HAVE MERCY ! :blink::blink::blink:

Archived