SASS Wire Forum

MICHIGAN - 2nd Amendment March, April 29th 2014

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/

Event Notice Reminder (from MCRGO):

The 2014 Second Amendment March will be held on Tuesday, April 29 at the Michigan State Capitol from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. A procession of gun owners will take place beginning at 9;45 am from the intersection of Michigan and Pennsylvania Avenues and proceed to the Capitol lawn. The event will feature a tent with booths and pro-Second Amendment speakers and elected officials. Carry is welcome on the Capitol lawn, in the Capitol Building and in legislative office buildings.

Michigan State Police Capitol Security have reached out to MCRGO in advance of the April 29 Second Amendment March to let us know that they will have six troopers on hand to assist us and the general public at the March. They ask that people openly carrying long guns be careful while inside the Capitol to avoid dinging the restoration work on the walls and switch to a muzzle up position while in the viewing galleries over the House and Senate. They would also like us to be vigilant of and report to one of the troopers anyone seen handling firearms at the event. Concealed (with a CPL) and open carry is welcome both outside and inside the Michigan Capitol and legislative office buildings. Firearms should remain holstered and/or on a sling.

A little review from last year's event ( I like our Attorney General Bill Schuette and what he has to say here 20:00 minutes in ):

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Gunner,

Is this march in response to a specific anti-gun law, or pending bill or action by Michigan or just "drawing a line in the sand" as a forewarning to let them know you won't tolerate any infringement on your constitutional rights like Connecticut or New York did?

Gunner,

Is this march in response to a specific anti-gun law, or pending bill or action by Michigan or just "drawing a line in the sand" as a forewarning to let them know you won't tolerate any infringement on your constitutional rights like Connecticut or New York did?

Nope - it's just a traditional 2nd Amendment support rally...it's good to live in a place where it's OK to express your rights openly.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I had to visit a customer in Detroit and could not make the rally. My neighbor did and said there were many folks who turned out in support and it was a fun time. Here is an update from Second Amendment March:

Second Amendment March in the News

Thank you to all who attended Second Amendment March on March 20th. The attendance was estimated at around 1,200 people. What a success -- especially considering the weather that day!

Below are just a few links to reports on the march.

Hundreds of people -- many with rifles -- flock to state Capitol for gun rally; one of 'safest places in Lansing'
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/03/michigan_gun_rally_capitol_lansing.html

Second Amendment March held in Lansing
www.abc12.com/story/21731406/second-amendment-march-held-in-lansing

Gunner,

It looked like a good time and a good turnout to reaffirm our 2A constitutional right.

"from my cold dead hands"

MOLON LABE

• 2 weeks later...

I would have attended, especially since I live about a mile from the capitol building, but I haven't been reading the wire regularly, and this is the first I've heard of it.

Archived