SASS Wire Forum

BLM Stands Down in NV

Subdeacon Joe

Actually, here in the west not all dems and left leaners are in favor of anything BLM does. It's a matter of proprty rights and land stewardship rather than political affiliation.

I wish those were the voices we heard from the left.............sigh.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 20, 2014 - Totally OT - rant bout Sharpton
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 20, 2014 - Totally OT - rant bout Sharpton

Domestic "terrorists" are ones who take up arms/explosives etc, in cowardly attacks against predominantly innocent civilian targets.

Neither Bundy (nor his supporters), nor Reid, nor even Sharpton are domestic "terrorists".

Reid's use of the term is at the least, demagoguery, at the worst (which it is), fomenting and inciting condemnation of US citizens expressing their rights. Al Sharpton is a race baiter, and has done the same and far worse, but neither rises to the level of domestic "terrorist".

Our arguments are diminished when we are equally inaccurate and offensive as our opposition.

Our Founding Fathers kept to the high ground of ideas, concepts, and facts, and so should we!

When the time finally came, they acted, and so should we, but we have a long way to go in expressing our ideas, concepts and facts, and most importantly, engaging within the system, informing our American citizens, and voting.

Sharpton is a domestic terrorist IMHO. He supports racism and black panther thuggery. He would be happy to see a race war.

GG

An 'Occupy Bundy Ranch' thing, eh? - and the same problems that plaque the 'Occupy' movement will no doubt be in play here....enjoy the drugs kids... :rolleyes:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

An 'Occupy Bundy Ranch' thing, eh? - and the same problems that plaque the 'Occupy' movement will no doubt be in play here....enjoy the drugs kids... :rolleyes:

yep Gunner I can see it now, that whole area will be trash, garbage and literally S*** every where and nobody will say a thing about it

Well, apparently our boy bundy has made some recent comments that came across quite racist so...

There went everything gained by the event.

Well, apparently our boy bundy has made some recent comments that came across quite racist so...

There went everything gained by the event.

Some think it was racist - some think it is just a statement as to how the black community has been stifled by government subsidy and making comparisons to what was 'then' as opposed to what is 'now'. People will read into it what they want to suit their platform for or against Bundy. Kinda like what happened with Phil Robertson...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/us/politics/rancher-proudly-breaks-the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?hp&_r=1

Bundy Ranch responds via Twitter & FB:

There are new rumors going around about Cliven. We all know that with the media, words are taken out of context, meanings are twisted, and they can take anything and turn it into what they want it to be. Cliven is a good man, he loves all people, he is not a racist man. He wants what is best for everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch/posts/631224826954329

Bundy could have chosen his words better as using slavery as an example diminishes and is insensitive the fact of the evil and oppression that the institution wrought on so many.

...regarding this whole situation: to me it's not so much about Bundy as it is about the way the BLM used thug tactics against a rancher and the federal government's land grabbing shenanigans.

I just watched video of his statements. Rand Paul has blasted him. I agree with Paul. Incredibly ignorant and racist. This guy has undone anything positive for citizens rights in my opinion. Too bad.

I just watched video of his statements. Rand Paul has blasted him. I agree with Paul. Incredibly ignorant and racist. This guy has undone anything positive for citizens rights in my opinion. Too bad.

. Yep he stepped on it. Don't agree and won't be riding on his side again

You can't unsay that stuff.

Good for you ....take a soundbite and turn it into what you want but I honestly think that the Bundy guy is not racist and he was just trying to make a point ...though using words and situations in his example in the situation that should've not been used. It's a PC world....

It's amazing how we all play into the media so quickly and makes so much judgment. I guess we're all guilty when we look at both sides of the political spectrum. All of us are so quick to judge.... Me too 100%..... Sorry

regardless: his plight with the BLM waked alot of folks up so I am grateful for that :)

Anyway - more from Bundy:

We are trading one form of slavery for another.

What I am saying is that all we Americans are trading one form of slavery for another. All of us are in some measure slaves of the federal government. Through their oppressive tactics of telling the ranchers how many cows they can have on their land, and making that number too low to support a ranch, the BLM has driven every rancher in Clark County off the land, except me. The IRS keeps the people of America in fear, and makes us all work about a third or a half of the year before we have earned enough to pay their taxes. This is nothing but slavery from January through May. The NSA spies on us and collects our private phone calls and emails. And the government dole which many people in America are on, and have been for much of their lives, is dehumanizing and degrading. It takes away incentive to work and self respect. Eventually a person on the dole becomes a ward of the government, because his only source of income is a dole from the government. Once the government has you in that position, you are its slave.

I am trying to keep Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream alive. He was praying for the day when he and his people would be free, and he could say I’m free, free at last, thank God I’m free at last! But all of us here America, no matter our race, are having our freedom eroded and destroyed by the federal government because of its heavy handed tactics. The BLM, the IRS, the NSA--all of the federal agencies are destroying our freedom. I am standing up against their bad and unconstitutional laws, just like Rosa Parks did when she refused to sit in the back of the bus. She started a revolution in America, the civil rights movement, which freed the black people from much of the oppression they were suffering. I'm saying Martin Luther King's dream was not that Rosa could take her rightful seat in the front of the bus, but his dream was that she could take any seat on the bus and I would be honored to sit beside her. I am doing the same thing Rosa Parks did--I am standing up against bad laws which dehumanize us and destroy our freedom. Just like the Minutemen at Lexington and Concord, we are saying no to an oppressive government which considers us to be slaves rather than free men.

I invite all people in America to join in our peaceful revolution to regain our freedom. That is how America was started, and we need to keep that tradition alive.

Cliven D. Bundy

Here's the full video of his remarks...

not so much an Alex Jones fan but this was interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCJ59tls0vc#t=411

This fella see's it for it really is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wk9dzcmiWwI

GG

I cringed this morning when I read what the New York Times reported...

And I also wondered about the accuracy and intent of the report.

Gunner, thanks for posting the clips.

Mr Bundy is a rancher. He's not a trained diplomat. He may not be an oratory genius, but it does seem that his intent just may have been misrepresented.

Gee... the New York Times wouldn't intentionally put a "counter-clockwise spin" on a story... would they? <_<

Even Sean Hanity has blasted him.

Even Sean Hanity has blasted him.

So.... Have disagreed with him and others before .. Not the first time ;)... Besides, I expect a politician/ pundit to cry 'racism' for election purposes or ratings. PC bologna sez I. Oh well...we have all said or thought things that anyone could manipulate into something wrong when in actuality it wasn't. Easy to do...emotions emotions emotions...LOL!

You and I disagree here but hope we can still be friends :D

GG

I cringed this morning when I read what the New York Times reported...

And I also wondered about the accuracy and intent of the report.

Gunner, thanks for posting the clips.

Mr Bundy is a rancher. He's not a trained diplomat. He may not be an oratory genius, but it does seem that his intent just may have been misrepresented.

Gee... the New York Times wouldn't intentionally put a "counter-clockwise spin" on a story... would they? <_<

Appreciate your open mind pard...

GG

Appreciate your open mind pard...

GG

I watched the clip.

Gripes hell outta me to see someone put into a position they're neither qualified for nor comfortable in, then persecute 'em for their performance.

In this case it's pretty evident that the fella absolutely did NOT intend for his words to be taken as they were portrayed.

And I'll go so far as to say that IF they listened to the entire statement, the people who are blasting him understand this... but are taking advantage of the opportunity to portray him and, by association, ranchers and cowboys in general and pretty much all conservatives as bigots.

Get ready... we're going to be seeing a great deal of this over the next two years. -_-

The man is a racist - period! No way to sugar coat it, or explain it away. So much lost...... :(

Sure looks like it to me. And every time he speaks he just digs a deeper hole.

Sure looks like it to me. And every time he speaks he just digs a deeper hole.

Maybe I'm a racist too as I am going to say that he may have chose his wording poorly, but a 'racist'... That's a heavy indictment and I ain't gonna go that far in judging Bundy as such. He certainly isn't advocating hate on anyone or wishes their non- existence. He doesn't quite earn the white pointy hat award IMHO. ;)

GG

As UB said much earlier on this post, "Ace had it right" when he reported what many of Bundy's rancher peers actually thought of him, overall. Never smelled quite exactly right to me, I kept researching without finding comfort, and now we all know why.

It is unfortunate, but we are held to a higher standard in this political argument over our country's fate. I for one am compfortable with that, as we have the far more credible, factual, historical and moral argument. We must pick our voices and issues more carefully.

My opinion, YMMV.

Harvey

Yeah, I think saying that Negros abort their babies and might have been better under slavery doing things with their families is a pretty poor choice of words. It reflects both his ignorance and intolerance. There are many degrees of racism. I'm not accusing him of being a Grand Dragon or an Aryan Nations commander but his views are simply racist.

Could be in his heart, he really doesn't think he is. More's the pity.

But discussions along these lines are not allowed here so I'll step away now.

As UB said much earlier on this post, "Ace had it right" when he reported what many of Bundy's rancher peers actually thought of him, overall. Never smelled quite exactly right to me, I kept researching without finding comfort, and now we all know why.

It is unfortunate, but we are held to a higher standard in this political argument over our country's fate. I for one am compfortable with that, as we have the far more credible, factual, historical and moral argument. We must pick our voices and issues more carefully.

My opinion, YMMV.

Harvey

Still waiting for Ace's comments to be verified by some news reports or something, I agree that we need to be careful with how we express ourselves... Especially when thrust in the limelight. Bundy is guilty of mis-speaking and not choosing his words or comparisons more thoughtfully. There a number of people who actually know this guy coming to his defense. Figure they know about the man than any of us blabber fingers here who might rely on some news guy on TV. Anyway, I think I've said all I can say.... Flame away.... Take care. ;)

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152049979831850&id=724441849&set=a.10150167640241850.305087.724441849

GG

Apparently Bundy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He should have consulted with someone before he said anything!

CAUTION, ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE OPENING MOUTH! :wacko: Rye

Whether he is racist or not has nothing to do with the validity of his claim that he doesn't owe the Federal Government grazing fees. The issue of taking back land the Federal Government claims ownership of has been brewing with some State Governments well before this incident.

What Bundy is not is a trained speaker with experience in the big league. We see this all the time in the national media how certain comments are edited and played to create a certain image. The media will use anything they can to drive a wedge between Conservatives and Bundy which based on some of the comments are being successful.

Stay focused Pards. The BLM is attempting hugh land grabs. There latest targets are 90,000 acres along the Red River in Texas and Oklahoma and large area of land in Western Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.

Whether he is racist or not has nothing to do with the validity of his claim that he doesn't owe the Federal Government grazing fees. The issue of taking back land the Federal Government claims ownership of has been brewing with some State Governments well before this incident.

What Bundy is not is a trained speaker with experience in the big league. We see this all the time in the national media how certain comments are edited and played to create a certain image. The media will use anything they can to drive a wedge between Conservatives and Bundy which based on some of the comments are being successful.

Stay focused Pards. The BLM is attempting hugh land grabs. There latest targets are 90,000 acres along the Red River in Texas and Oklahoma and large area of land in Western Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.

Agreed.

GG

What we are saying it that his racist remarks are doing nothing but hurt the fight against government abuses by detracting from the real issue.

It is my opinion that:

A. He is in fact an ignorant racist. Not being a trained speaker has nothing to do with it.

B. The media and libs will exploit this to the max and paint all conservatives with the same broad brush

C. He should shut up, although it's a bit too late now

What we are saying it that his racist remarks are doing nothing but hurt the fight against government abuses by detracting from the real issue.

It is my opinion that:

A. He is in fact an ignorant racist. Not being a trained speaker has nothing to do with it.

B. The media and libs will exploit this to the max and paint all conservatives with the same broad brush

C. He should shut up, although it's a bit too late now

I dont think he is a racist.... Ignorant in how he spoke- yes. Appears 'racist' to some....but others ( like myself and even a number of black folks) see the context if what he was trying to say. Like was said... We all have our A,B,C opinions...and some more myopic and ignorant than others (and I am sure my opinion seems the same- oh well). If you want to explore racist comments look at the LA Clippers owner. That is racism.

Now I promise no more comments by me on this subject... Y'all take care ya hear :D

Maybe now we can find a subject we agree on LOL :D

Enjoy ;)

GG

Folks,

I learned something relevant to this discussion at a SASS Convention seminar led by Colonel Dan.

Stay focused on one political/legal... issue. In our case, that is our Second Amendment rights, in Bundy's case, it is grazing rights. Branching out to multiple areas (racial views in Bundy's case) may offend potential allies and cause you to loose their support. It was pointed out that this is especially true in contacts with politicians.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Moderation Note: I hope you can see the correlation between the admonishment against political posts and the possibility of chasing off potential new members.

PPS If you have stated your opinion once, there is no need to keep repeating the same thing.

Archived