SASS Wire Forum

BLM Stands Down in NV

Subdeacon Joe

Sounds like Ace has a pretty good understanding of the siuation.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His story.(..and not discounting it at all) Have another pard I know who lives in the area that doesn't think the Bundy guy is all that bad...albeit no angel. ;)

Certainly not warranting the BLM activity... And that is what the thread is about. The rest is a local matter that should be felt with...locally.

GG

Well, I don'thave another pard in the area so I'll go wit Ace's assessment for now.

Well, I don'thave another pard in the area so I'll go wit Ace's assessment for now.

I try to gather the opinions, views, stories, facts from multiple sources ;)

It's a small world.

GG

Well Ace so far has not said what is not being reported.

What we do know is;

BLM had snipers with rifles in position ready to shoot. (evidence by Photographs).

BLM attempted to restrict citizens involvement by establishing "First Amendment Area". (evidence by Photographs).

As many as 200 BLM Officers were involved in the stand-off. (per BLM).

The BLM operation cost as much as the fines as Bundy owes. (per BLM).

BLM attempted to use helicopters to round up the cattle. Cattle ain't smart enough to run in a herd like horses. per BLM).

The BLM intended to kill many of the cattle. (per BLM and heavy equipment to dig deep trenches).

Wouldn't it have made more sense to auction the cattle to pay on Bundy's fines?

In 1999, the Nevada district court permanently barred Bundy from grazing his cattle on the land, charging him $200 per animal per day they remained on the land; the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the injunction. That is where the most of the $1 million fine comes from.

http://news.yahoo.com/contentious-policy-heart-cliven-bundys-armed-standoff-government-104900712.html;_ylt=A0SO80Y12k9TzlUAI3BXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExNWcxb29lBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMTEEY29sbwNncTEEdnRpZAMyNzZfMQ--

The area has been designated for Solar Commerical development worth billions of dollars. See previous post # 55 .

The Federal Government owns 87% of Nevada.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/04/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-long-fight-between-cliven-bundy-and-the-federal-government/

So why is this little piece of land so important?

This means at any time it wants the Feds can deny access to it's land anytime it wants too.

The memory of Ruby RIdge, Waco and the Oklahoma City Bombing have created deep lasting scars and a mistrust of the Federal Government which it has not attempted to earn back.

The Internet and Information Super Highway makes the Government operation like this quickly known.

People are pissed off and angry at the Government due to loss of jobs, the attacks by Obama and Liberals, agencies such as IRS on Conservatives and on gun owners by the BATF.

Stuff like this validates folks arming themselves in record numbers this past year.

Again not taking Bundy's side but this is a public relations disaster by the BLM. and Senator Harry.

p.s. What about the Tortoises? Wouldn't heavy construction and traffic for Harry's Solar Energy project kill more of them than cows?

What we do know is;

BLM had snipers with rifles in position ready to shoot. (evidence by Photographs).

BLM attempted to restrict citizens involvement by establishing "First Amendment Area". (evidence by Photographs).

As many as 200 BLM Officers were involved in the stand-off. (per BLM).

The BLM operation cost as much as the fines as Bundy owes. (per BLM).

BLM attempted to use helicopters to round up the cattle. Cattle ain't smart enough to run in a herd like horses. per BLM).

The BLM intended to kill many of the cattle. (per BLM and heavy equipment to dig deep trenches).

Wouldn't it have made more sense to auction the cattle to pay on Bundy's fines?

In 1999, the Nevada district court permanently barred Bundy from grazing his cattle on the land, charging him $200 per animal per day they remained on the land; the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the injunction. That is where the most of the $1 million fine comes from.

http://news.yahoo.com/contentious-policy-heart-cliven-bundys-armed-standoff-government-104900712.html;_ylt=A0SO80Y12k9TzlUAI3BXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExNWcxb29lBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMTEEY29sbwNncTEEdnRpZAMyNzZfMQ--

The area has been designated for Solar Commerical development worth billions of dollars. See previous post # 55 .

The Federal Government owns 87% of Nevada.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/04/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-long-fight-between-cliven-bundy-and-the-federal-government/

This means at any time it wants the Feds can deny access to it's land anytime it wants too.

The memory of Ruby RIdge, Waco and the Oklahoma City Bombing have created deep lasting scars and a mistrust of the Federal Government which it has not attempted to earn back.

The Internet and Information Super Highway makes the Government operation like this quickly known.

People are pissed off and angry at the Government due to loss of jobs, the attacks by Obama and Liberals, agencies such as IRS on Conservatives and on gun owners by the BATF.

Stuff like this validates folks arming themselves in record numbers this past year.

Again not taking Bundy's side but this is a public relations disaster by the BLM. and Senator Harry.

p.s. What about the Tortoises? Wouldn't heavy construction and traffic for Harry's Solar Energy project kill more of them than cows?

+1

What we do know is;

BLM had snipers with rifles in position ready to shoot. (evidence by Photographs). True

BLM attempted to restrict citizens involvement by establishing "First Amendment Area". (evidence by Photographs). True

As many as 200 BLM Officers were involved in the stand-off. (per BLM). True

The BLM operation cost as much as the fines as Bundy owes. (per BLM). They paid a Utah group $966.000.00 to round up the cattle as part of the expense

BLM attempted to use helicopters to round up the cattle. Cattle ain't smart enough to run in a herd like horses. per BLM). BLM didn't do this. The Utah group did. The Helicopter was used to find and direct the humans to the cattle over a month period of time.

The BLM intended to kill many of the cattle. (per BLM and heavy equipment to dig deep trenches). They were using the heavy equipment to tear down corrals, destroy water improvements and close off roads that Bundy had built on land he didn't own or lease.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to auction the cattle to pay on Bundy's fines? The cattle couldn't be sold in Nevada. (No one would buy them) Utah would not allow the cattle to be taken there (State order)

In 1999, the Nevada district court permanently barred Bundy from grazing his cattle on the land, charging him $200 per animal per day they remained on the land; the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the injunction. That is where the most of the $1 million fine comes from. Yup. It is called trespassing.

The area has been designated for Solar Commerical development worth billions of dollars. See previous post # 55 . This is incorrect. The solar development area is on a Piute Indian Reservation.

The Federal Government owns 87% of Nevada. So what? We have been dealing with that ever since the War between the States.

This means at any time it wants the Feds can deny access to it's land anytime it wants too. The Federal Government can deny anyone access for any number of reasons. The easiest way here in Nevada is to designate the area as a POSSIBLE wilderness area. The State then steps in and restricts your access by all means except on foot or horse. This also means no improvements or prospecting.

The memory of Ruby RIdge, Waco and the Oklahoma City Bombing have created deep lasting scars and a mistrust of the Federal Government which it has not attempted to earn back. I never said the Government was innocent. Maybe we should reference the Whiskey Rebellion too.

Again not taking Bundy's side but this is a public relations disaster by the BLM. and Senator Harry. And Rory Reid, and the Chinese Solar company he represents, and Tom Collins the County Commissioner that told his degenerate in-breds from Utah to stay home.

p.s. What about the Tortoises? Wouldn't heavy construction and traffic for Harry's Solar Energy project kill more of them than cows? Another stupid BLM comment that had nothing to do with the situation. It was just another insignificant reason to justify their actions. The Government has been Euthanizing Tortoises for the last 15 - 20 years because the land they live on cannot support what people find and turn in.

The Government has a legitimate Court order. They can simply lien the Bundy property and be #1 in line when and if it sells. But that will not stop Mr Bundy's cattle from roaming the west.

Maybe you should contact your congressman and ask why the Bureau of LAND Management needs so much military hardware.

I asked my friend in the St. George area if he knew or read anything about Bundy cattle disrupting other peoples land, vegetable gardens, and such. He didn't recall anything like that - but said it's possible he gets into it with a few folks for some reason or another. I did a google search on it to see if anything else could be found on it..nothing except for this BLM report:

CACHED-PAGE--Cattle_Trespass_Impacts_-_2

I took each bullet point in the 'Examples of Public Concerns' and 'Examples of Recent Incidents of Private Property Damage Caused by Bundy’s Trespass Cattle' and googled it....I couldn't find anything verifiable...maybe this happened, maybe not, and if there is some 'news' of these events please post a link. Did he make restitution or compensate for the alleged infractions?

Again, if that is legitimate stuff than it seems a minor local issue, not big news....and as always - just like with my granddad - there will be detractors and enemies that say many a not-so-good thing about ya. I don't know Bundy and all I can do is gather what I hear and make an assessment. Bundy seems a proud man and respectful of his heritage, although he may piss off people...is he really a demon Cattle Baron without regard to other's rights and property? I don't know...I do know that I said in the first thread about this called 'Cattleman's Grit' I said "not sure if what he does is legal or not, but I admire his grit"...so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, hope all gets resolved somehow and no bloodshed encompasses.

round 'em up - head on out sez I...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

This incident has been a teachable moment for me. Prior to this I did not know how much land west of the Rockies the Federal Government owns and BLM manages. I learned that all the Land owned and managed by the BLM is 1/8 th of the United States.

As near as I can tell Bundy has not broken any criminal laws (including Trespassing) and the matter is in Civil Court. The simplist and least public way to deal with Bundy would be to get a Contempt of Court warrant and arrest him one day when he is driving somewhere like to town. It would be even better if he was alone. Judges are intolerant of folks ignoring their orders and there is usually no bail on Contempt Warrants.

If President Barry keeps pushing as hard as he has so far there is going to be shooting and it might turn out to be more widespread than he would believe (or want).

a bunch of jack booted thugs is what the govt send in there!!

I see ol evil harry has now labeled all those that supported Bundy as "Domestic Terrorists". Guess that opens the door for cart blanche arrests, confiscation of property, etc, etc.

Why is it lately that when a politician does or says something monumentally stupid, rather than shut up, they proceed to open their mouths again and further prove their stupidity?

they ain't donkeys, they're jack a$$ es! bunch of traitors to the American spirit!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 20, 2014 - Al Sharpton doesn't belong in the discussion
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 20, 2014 - Al Sharpton doesn't belong in the discussion

I see ol evil harry has now labeled all those that supported Bundy as "Domestic Terrorists". Guess that opens the door for cart blanche arrests, confiscation of property, etc, etc.

Why is it lately that when a politician does or says something monumentally stupid, rather than shut up, they proceed to open their mouths again and further prove their stupidity?

People like Al Sharpton are 'Domestic Terrorist' type... any race baiter is.

GG

The people that stood with Bundy are "Domestic Terrorists". The mass-murder at Fort Hood by Nidal Hasan was "Workplace Violence".

Put down the Kool Aid and wake up people.

Sharpton is not a terrorist; Bundy is not a terrorist; and neither are any of the folks who came out peacefully to face off with the BLM. Whether you believe in their causes or not, they all have a right to speak and to act in peaceful opposition to actions of the government. A lot of good people have died to protect those rights.

Harry Reid, on the other hand, is an ignorant, petty tyrant. If I were from Nevada, I would be ashamed that my state had placed him, and retained him, in a position of authority. The fix for that situation is a free press and the next election. And in that process, I hope the press shines a light on this so-called friend of gun owners, who can't tell an "automatic weapon" from a fishing pole, and who apparently believes that only the government should have weapons.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/17/sen-reid-calls-supporters-nevada-rancher-bundy-domestic-terrorists/

LL

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 20, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 20, 2014 - No reason given

Sharpton is not a terrorist; Bundy is not a terrorist; and neither are any of the folks who came out peacefully to face off with the BLM. Whether you believe in their causes or not, they all have a right to speak and to act in peaceful opposition to actions of the government. A lot of good people have died to protect those rights.

Harry Reid, on the other hand, is an ignorant, petty tyrant. If I were from Nevada, I would be ashamed that my state had placed him, and retained him, in a position of authority. The fix for that situation is a free press and the next election. And in that process, I hope the press shines a light on this so-called friend of gun owners, who can't tell an "automatic weapon" from a fishing pole, and who apparently believes that only the government should have weapons.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/17/sen-reid-calls-supporters-nevada-rancher-bundy-domestic-terrorists/

LL

Sharpton is a race baiter. He's more a ' domestic terrorist' than Bundy or his supporters.

GG

The people that stood with Bundy are "Domestic Terrorists". The mass-murder at Fort Hood by Nidal Hasan was "Workplace Violence".

Put down the Kool Aid and wake up people.

Yup

GG

Some more

Federal Judge Rules Government Complicit In Rancher Conspiracy

ink: http://www.libertyandlead.com/2014/0...ellow-rancher/

Should be BLG - Bureau of Land Grabbing

I really don't know a lot about what is going on or how many cows his ancestry had. I find it difficult to believe his ancestor ran 1000 cows on the property being that he only owns 150 acres. From what I understand the BLM. has removed wild mustangs from many areas of Nevada and put them in fenced in areas. I wonder who is suppose to pay for these animals feed if not the ranchers who lease the land the mustangs use to live on. By not paying for using this land its like steeling the food right out of the mustangs mouth .I guess Mr.mundy and all those people standing behind him could care less about the wild mustangs.Times have changed since mundys ancestor bought the property many laws have changed since that time. When my father started driving a car he said their were no speed limits. How fare do you think I would get if I tried to tell a policeman any place in this country I didn't have to obey speed limits because their were no speed limits when my father started driving.

The name is BUNDY.

Domestic "terrorists" are ones who take up arms/explosives etc, in cowardly attacks against predominantly innocent civilian targets.

Neither Bundy (nor his supporters), nor Reid, nor even Sharpton are domestic "terrorists".

Reid's use of the term is at the least, demagoguery, at the worst (which it is), fomenting and inciting condemnation of US citizens expressing their rights. Al Sharpton is a race baiter, and has done the same and far worse, but neither rises to the level of domestic "terrorist".

Our arguments are diminished when we are equally inaccurate and offensive as our opposition.

Our Founding Fathers kept to the high ground of ideas, concepts, and facts, and so should we!

When the time finally came, they acted, and so should we, but we have a long way to go in expressing our ideas, concepts and facts, and most importantly, engaging within the system, informing our American citizens, and voting.

Only a disaster if you're center to the right....center to the left, and you fully support, with unblinded faith, the BLM and Senator Reid. If you read the articles, and comments on left leaning websites, they have no problem with another Waco, or Ruby Ridge....in fact they welcome it...they see it as domestic terrorists arming themselves and willing to shoot Americans (as in the BLM agents).....and this whole situation is a big win for the Left and it's push for Government strength.

Only a disaster if you're center to the right....center to the left, and you fully support, with unblinded faith, the BLM and Senator Reid. If you read the articles, and comments on left leaning websites, they have no problem with another Waco, or Ruby Ridge....in fact they welcome it...they see it as domestic terrorists arming themselves and willing to shoot Americans (as in the BLM agents).....and this whole situation is a big win for the Left and it's push for Government strength.

Actually, here in the west not all dems and left leaners are in favor of anything BLM does. It's a matter of proprty rights and land stewardship rather than political affiliation.

Archived