SASS Wire Forum

BLM Stands Down in NV

Subdeacon Joe

This is much too complicated an issue to discuss here so I’ll just back on out and see where it all ends

True, we don't have all the details.

But know this. BLM is not the friend of the citizens out here. And it doesn't seem to matter whether they're under a liberal or conservative administration unfortunately.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way.... They did for the moment.

GG

Yes. And the more public scrutiny that is directed their way, the better. Pressure has to be kept up on these federal agencies. They hate the spotlight unless they control it.

Yes. And the more public scrutiny that is directed their way, the better. Pressure has to be kept up on these federal agencies. They hate the spotlight unless they control it.

True dat!

GG

It's past time for us to put pressure on Congress to rein in all of these unelected federal law-making agencies - IRS, BATFE, EPA, etc. If they are making "regulations" that are in reality laws, then all the regulations need to go through Congress the same as any other law.

. A great image for sure , I was there.

God bless Cowboys!

. A great image for sure , I was there.

God bless Cowboys!

I guess I have been lucky. In addition to @ 10,000 acres of deeded land, I obtain grazing permits for another 7500 acres of BLM land. We've paid for the permits for many years. We have a good relationship with BLM range managers and ours are cowboys themselves. The key to all of this is Range Management on Federal Land. Without control you could have over use of the land and it would take decades for recovery. Without Range Management, you could have every special interest group setting up shop and claiming it for their own use. Too many cows for too little land destroys its value and limits future use. Many times this land is also used for Oil and Gas exploration, and like Ranchers, they pay a fee for this. Cattlemen and Oil outfits are the main two groups who pay to use this land. Mountain bikers, Horseback riders, campers and even 4x4 drivers are all given access without fees in most cases.

My take on the Bundy situation is a Rancher with long established roots in that area not keeping up with modern requirements of dealing with the Feds. Not paying for grazing permits places a bulls eye on his operation, but stealing his cattle using 200 tactically equipped BLM Police with helicopters and hired thug cowboys was wrong as well. It is also evident of how the Government plans to deal with possible defiance in the future. What caught the BLM off guard was the hoard of non-combatant civilians showing up in support of Bundy. You would have had a major manure storm if they had opened fire and unarmed people were killed. This was only an opening skirmish in the War on Bundy.

Please keep in mind that the RORY REID mentioned in the article. I Harry Reid's son.

And he is cut from the same cloth as his father.

For me it's the notion of why the Fed's/BLM own the land in the first place. If anyone should own/control it it should be the State. The BLM should be disbanded and the land management be turned over to the local government.

This land battle has been going on for over 100 years. Today it's about grazing, oil, water, protection of local species. public access and use. Each group feels they are in the right. Just ask a rancher about the wild horse!

If any revenue is generated from the lease or use of the land it should again go to the locals.

NUKECOWS_zpsf65659ab.jpg

Our government has gone from one of "By the People, For the People" to one of "How much can we take from the People". Thousands of new laws, rules and regulations are foisted upon us every year by the politicians and their bureaucratic appointees. Most of which "We the People" have absolutely no say in.

As to where I stand on the issue with the BLM….

“The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.”
― Tacitus, The Annals of Imperial Rome

“The more laws, the less justice.”

“…the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled…”

“True law is right reason in agreement with nature; it is of universal application….”
― Cicero, On The Law

“Law applied to its extreme is the greatest injustice”

― Cicero, On Duties

“Justice extorts no reward, no kind of price; she is sought…for her own sake.”

― Cicero, On Justice

“Politicians are not born; they are excreted.”
― Cicero

" Your BLM man reports to My BLM man, who reports to ME! And there will be No more killing of Graboids, in Perfection Valley,... PERIOD!" :wacko:

Makes about as much sense as desert tortoises.

:huh:

appears to be a stragic withdraw , it AIN'T over yet

:ph34r:

. I thinks so.. Stand down to get people to leave and then ....raid the property.

GG

This is much too complicated an issue to discuss here so I’ll just back on out and see where it all ends

When I first read the headlines this morning I wondered why in the world would the third most powerful man in America care about a few turtles in the middle of a desert.

"Well, it's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it's not over," Reid said.

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/Sen-Reid-on-Cattle-Battle-Its-not-over/nT5weKnqFkezV14I5GhESg.cspx

Then I did a little more searching and look what I found out:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who was exposed last Friday as the mastermind behind the Bureau of Land Management’s persecution of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, can be seen in this March 2014 photo breaking ground for a new solar farm near the Bundy Ranch, emphasizing that the senator’s plan for solar projects in Nevada wasn’t just limited to the shelved solar farm near Laughlin.

Signaling the first day of construction of the Moapa Southern Paiute Solar Project, which is about 35 miles from the Bundy homestead in Bunkerville, Nevada, Sen. Reid joined representatives from the Moapa Band of Paiutes, executives from First Solar, Inc. and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power for the groundbreaking ceremony on March 21.

“The BLM’s current action builds on the Western Solar Energy Plan, a two-year planning effort conducted on behalf of the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Energy to expand domestic energy production and spur development of solar energy on public lands in six western states,” the BLM announced in a March 14 press release. “The Western Solar Energy Plan provides a blueprint for utility-scale solar energy permitting in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah by establishing Solar Energy Zones with access to existing or planned transmission, incentives for development within those Solar Energy Zones, and a process through which to consider additional Solar Energy Zones and solar projects.”

“The Regional Mitigation Strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone is the first of several pilot plans to be developed by the BLM,” the press release added.

In summary, the BLM, acting under Sen. Reid’s corrupt interests, wants Cliven Bundy out of the 600,000 acre Gold Butte area so the agency can use the land for future solar projects and de facto buffer zones surrounding the solar farms.

This is crony capitalism at its finest and Bundy’s supporters, who numbered in the thousands, knew it

http://www.infowars.com/flashback-sen-reid-breaks-ground-for-nevada-solar-farm-near-bundy-ranch/

But what about the Turtles????

Tortoises actually, not turtles. ;)

Never seen a cow kill one. Bulldozers putting in a solar plant however........

From another post. Great video debunking much of the hysteria and fact checking the many reports about fracking, etc. Turns out that where there is smoke... there is a politician, a cover-up and a whole lot of money.

http://bit.ly/1hFk84t

I'm gettin some Clive Bundy for President bumper stickers made up.

So, if Cliven Bundy did not pay his graziing fees twenty years ago wouldn't the BLM have shut him down 19 years ago?

I know the Feds are slow moving, but waiting 20 years without shutting down the grazing rights for Bundy sounds fishy.

So, if Cliven Bundy did not pay his graziing fees twenty years ago wouldn't the BLM have shut him down 19 years ago?

I know the Feds are slow moving, but waiting 20 years without shutting down the grazing rights for Bundy sounds fishy.

Harry Reid didn't have his Chinese solar farm in the works

I have also read that the BLM is doing the same thing in Texas to 90,000 acres along the Red River

Thugs and vandals!

Feds accused of leaving trail of wreckage after Nevada ranch standoff

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/16/feds-accused-leaving-trail-wreckage-after-nevada-ranch-standoff/

GG

Another well point I heard was if Bundy and the BLM have a contract why hasn't the BLM shown it?

There is no contract. Bundy has been turning his cattle loose and letting them free range for years. They roam up and down the Virgin River Valley all the way from the Utah border and all the way down to Lake Mead (35 miles away) and then back up the Muddy River Valley another 15 miles. His cattle (Bulls) have even invaded a Dairy farm 50 miles away and tried to breed with the dairy's cows. His bulls have attacked hunters and farmers up and down the rivers. The people of Bunkerville and Mesquite are not too happy when they find cattle munching on their front yards and eating their vegetable gardens.

Neither side is innocent in this matter.

There is no contract. Bundy has been turning his cattle loose and letting them free range for years. They roam up and down the Virgin River Valley all the way from the Utah border and all the way down to Lake Mead (35 miles away) and then back up the Muddy River Valley another 15 miles. His cattle (Bulls) have even invaded a Dairy farm 50 miles away and tried to breed with the dairy's cows. His bulls have attacked hunters and farmers up and down the rivers. The people of Bunkerville and Mesquite are not too happy when they find cattle munching on their front yards and eating their vegetable gardens.

Neither side is innocent in this matter.

Doesn't warrant the actions of the BLM. Seems more folks in the locality are pro-Bundy so he seems more liked in the community than disliked.

Reminds me when my granddad owned the X9 Ranch in Vail Arizona and he had up to 35,000 acres of land and some that he was leasing and he had neighbors that accused him of crazy stuff too.

GG

If there is no written agreement how can the Feds charge a usage fee?

I'm not taking Biundy's side but as a retired Governmint bureaucrat there is a regulation somewhere that requires a written usage agreement (with fine print favoring the Governmint).

Believe me, there is much left out of the reported news.

The videos lead you to believe that his friends and neighbors are standing with him. (Not close to the truth) They are mostly people from out of state.

Most of the crap you are consuming is exactly crap.

If you are not a long time resident that is familiar with what is going on, I guarantee you that you do not know anything.

In very simple terms......

Bundy is a local idiot

The BLM is a bunch of booted thugs (they are the government)

You mean the media hasn't got it right? I'm shocked. Shocked, I say!

Believe me, there is much left out of the reported news.

The videos lead you to believe that his friends and neighbors are standing with him. (Not close to the truth) They are mostly people from out of state.

Most of the crap you are consuming is exactly crap.

If you are not a long time resident that is familiar with what is going on, I guarantee you that you do not know anything.

In very simple terms......

Bundy is a local idiot

The BLM is a bunch of booted thugs (they are the government)

That local idiot has the cajones to stand up to the government.... And seems to have a a lot of folks on his side. Guess there will always be detractors... Good luck y'all ;)

GG

Archived