SASS Wire Forum

1967 Vette brings $725,000.00

The so-called "McNamara Corvette" - a 1967 white 427 4-speed with a red stinger hood, red interior, and less than 3000 original miles, sold for $725,000.00 at auction today. The passenger's seat has never been sat in, and the car has not been touched by human hands in over 45 years.

McNamara was a Marine Corps vet who won $5000 in Vegas, and used it to buy the car. He drove the car rarely, and when his original registration expired, he put the car in his garage for good. It stayed there until his death in 2012. Neighbors who inherited the car had no idea that he owned it.

I don't think I could have left in sit like that.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=HA0414-179688

LL

Also sold was a prototype Ford GT40 for $7,000,000.00, and Gus Grissom's Vette for $120,000. Quite a day for auction fees.

LL.

Dang!!! and I mist it!!

One thing for sure if I owned em I would be driving the nuts off em

+1....what a waste of life...to forget to live it.

One thing for sure if I owned em I would be driving the nuts off em

Ain't it the truth! You ever watch the Barrett-Jackson auctions? I would bet that over half of the cars sold there are being bought are by people who have no intention of driving them. Rather, they will mothball them somewhere so they can show them off to their buddies. The heck with that! Let me buy one of those classics, I

m driving it until it totally dies!

Archived