SASS Wire Forum

"The Depth of the Problem."

Subdeacon Joe

A- Isn't it fascinating that a flesh and bone whale can dive twice as deep as man's most sophisticated machine made of the strongest alloys he can devise? That is, like, a LOT of pressure, dude.

2- I recall a time when the test/operating/crush depths of US submarines were classified.

A- Isn't it fascinating that a flesh and bone whale can dive twice as deep as man's most sophisticated machine made of the strongest alloys he can devise? That is, like, a LOT of pressure, dude.

2- I recall a time when the test/operating/crush depths of US submarines were classified.

It could be the "published" or "official" crush depth. I think the military still plays some things close to the vest. Sort of like when I asked an artillery officer the range of a 155mm howitzer and he started his response by saying "Officially..."

I don't get it. The planes gone. They think they know the location it crashed. What more do they need? Millions are being spent for what. Everyones dead.

Unless they think retrieving the box will let them know who did it and why so they can retaliate its a waste of time....and money.

Ike

I don't get it. The planes gone. They think they know the location it crashed. What more do they need? Millions are being spent for what. Everyones dead.

Unless they think retrieving the box will let them know who did it and why so they can retaliate its a waste of time....and money.

Ike

Most likely reason, money, the insurance companies need to figure out who pays who.

Lots of people in line for $.

Until they are sure, they won't pay anyone, you know the drill, "Oh, but you don't have the right coverage for what happened"

Ike

They want to know what happened so they can try to figure out how to prevent it from happening again. That's why flight recorders are required on planes in the first place. It's not to assign blame, it's to make future planes safer.

They want to know what happened so they can try to figure out how to prevent it from happening again. That's why flight recorders are required on planes in the first place. It's not to assign blame, it's to make future planes safer.

+1 Exactly. Been on many investigation panels for just that., and niot just for the plane, but to make crew and maintenance processess & procedures safer, as well.

Archived