SASS Wire Forum

Moving!

Curley Fryes

Yahoooo!!!! Moving out of the Chicago area and down to Tampa, FL. Finally after 59 yrs of crappy weather. No more snow storms, no more driving to work in the dark with 8 inches of snow on the road and still coming down!!! no more 6 months of Winter. Won't have to get my license plates from former Governors! I'll take hurricane season over a Chicago winter anytime!!

Congratulations. I actually prefer Colorado winters over Hurticanes, but that's jest me. If I had to move back to la Florida though, I'd prefer the Gulf coast. Less crazy than the Atlantic side.

Congratulations on the move. Although there is something to be missed about shoveling snow, NOTHING!!!

Well now....if you are moving to Florida we ought to get the chance to shoot with you. I hope you have a "smooth move."

Hurricanes only last for a day or two. Chicago winters last for 3 months. Welcome to the South, where we shoot 12 months a year.

Oh, I almost forgot. You can mail order your ammo and throw away that FOID card....whatever that is. Your in the South now.

Hurricane Season lasts 6 months though. And I been through way too many. ;)

I don't mind the winters...it's the crappy politics and anti-gun atmosphere in Illinois that I was glad to move away from when I lived there.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Florida is in the south? I thought you had to go north to get to the south when living in Florida.

YOu just have to ghet away from the coasts where all the Yankees settled. The interior is full of Crackers.

Hurricanes only last for a day or two. Chicago winters last for 3 months. Welcome to the South, where we shoot 12 months a year.

Oh, I almost forgot. You can mail order your ammo and throw away that FOID card....whatever that is. Your in the South now.

We get just as bad winters in West Michigan and shoot all 12 months ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Howdy:

I lived in Bartlett for over 30 years. I left for Missouri, warmer, little or no snow, some icy days, good folks. The only thingss I miss from Chicago are, Portillo's Hot Dogs, Italian beef sandwiches, and Gonnella Bread (it'sa Swella). Have a long and happy life away from anti-gun nut cakes, crooked politicians and bad weather.

STL Suomi

yur gonna like it!!! lots of good shooting!! even gooder pards!! I hed north soon, so I'll meet you this sept or so....

happy fer ya----gots lots of cuzzins down thar. enjoy the sunshine and easy gun ownership but watch out fer them gators

Well Curley, you are moving to a hot bed of CAS shooting. You won't meet any finer folks/matches anywhere else. Below is a list of Florida clubs along with maps.

Don't know where in Tampa you'll be but most of the clubs are within an 1 - 2 hr drive.

Typical Travel times;

Antelope Junction Rangers - 1/4 to 1/2 hr.

Miakka Misfits, Doodle Hill, Hernando - 3/4 to 1 hr

Weewahootie, Lake Co. - 1.5 - 2 hr

Welcome to Florida. Look forward to shooting with ya at one of the venues.

Sun

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106740046465664370983.0004457e4a693b5f9e5fa&t=h&z=6

Archived