SASS Wire Forum

*UPDATE* Public hearing for NH's SB244 Wednesday, April 9 *UPDATE*

Six-Shot

The New Hampshire House Judiciary Committee will hold a public hearing on SB 244 at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 9, 2014, in Room 208 of the Legislative Office Building (behind the State House).

As those whove been following New Hampshire state legislation must know by now, the original purpose of SB 244 was to stop unlawful sales of firearms to federally prohibited persons, and to create a legal method for persons to regain their Second Amendment rights after their mental health problems have been resolved. On March 27, the state senate discarded the first part of the bill by voice vote, and passed the second part annulment of mental health court records to allow legal restoration of gun rights for the first time in New Hampshire by a vote of 17 to seven, with all 13 Republican senators and four of the 11 Democrat senators voting in favor.

Attend the hearing on Wednesday if you can. But whether you do so or not, please visit the website of the NH House Judiciary Committee at http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?code=H10, click on the names of the individual committee members, and contact them to urge them to support the passage of SB 244 as amended.

I just got home from testifying on SB244 to report mental defectives to the Feds to be entered into the NICS database (even though the bill contained a process of annulment to restore second amendment rights to those adjudicated temporarily mentally incompetent). I don't trust the feds and I told them they are fools if they do! The NH House Judiciary Committee will vote in the next several days on recommending (OTP) or not (ITL) the bill to the entire House. My money is on ITL (Inexpedient To Legislate). In the words of one legislator "you can't make a bad bill better" and I agree. Wanna' bet?

Outstanding SS! You're doing God's own work here my friend!!!

SALUTE!!!! :FlagAm:

I don't know about doing "God's work" . . . it's more like undoing the devil's work.

Our unalienable rights come from our Creator. You're doing your part and setting an excellent example of protecting those rights in NH ergo, you're doing God's own work AGAINST the devils that would strip us of those rights. Soldier on....

SALUTE...again

Our unalienable rights come from our Creator. You're doing your part and setting an excellent example of protecting those rights in NH ergo, you're doing God's own work AGAINST the devils that would strip us of those rights. Soldier on....

SALUTE...again

God Almighty indeed....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You should know, that, based on information from a verbal pro 2A atty in PA, once the Fed register you in the NICS database as mentally defecitive, your rights are gone. There is no federal process to restore your rights and remove them from the NICS data base, And, state process does not apply. Be very aware that sending records to the feds is a very bad idea.

You should know, that, based on information from a verbal pro 2A atty in PA, once the Fed register you in the NICS database as mentally defecitive, your rights are gone. There is no federal process to restore your rights and remove them from the NICS data base, And, state process does not apply. Be very aware that sending records to the feds is a very bad idea.

You are absolutely 100% "spot on". Jefferson. Madison, and Monroe warned us. That's why a "Bill of Rights" was incorporated into the constitution (which was not originally in it) because they feared and did not trust a "tyranical centralized government".

Archived