SASS Wire Forum

Gun Sales Plunging?

Subdeacon Joe

looks like its getting close to a time to buy a nice AR15 for me. Yeah! :)

Right on.... Got mine on layaway. A Colt 6721 AR-15 A3 for under a grand :)

GG

I bet everybody knows at least a few people that think a tax return is a gift from the government. I knew some people that added dependant to get a bigger refund.

A 'gift'? That's funny.

GG

I bet everybody knows at least a few people that think a tax return is a gift from the government. I knew some people that added dependant to get a bigger refund.

Yeah. They think it's free money. :rolleyes:

Hello,

Not true. If you can withhold just enough to not have a penalty with your return, you can make more money by keeping that money in your bank/investments & out of the government's hands longer. Tax Refunds are not the optimal scenario.

Regards,

Allie Mo

In our case, there's some variables involved. We're both retired, and I work as an independent contractor on guvmint training contracts for various agencies. Because of my IC work, my end of our income varies greatly from month to month, depending on how much work the client agencies have for me. Then there's the considerable medical expenses that we accumulate thoughout the year, most of which are SWMBO's, which also varies, and we can deduct that portion of those expenses that exceeds a certain percentage of our adjusted gross income, plus to-and-from doctors mileage that exceeds a certain percentage of AGI. Our charitable donations also vary widely from year to year, depending on our income level. We have an excellent tax service that sorts all that out for us though.

So, the bottom line is that for those who think a tax refund is the result of poor planning of tax withholding, they need to walk in someone else's shoes besides their own for a while, so they can see that it ain't a one-size-fits-all world or tax code either.

I talked to a small business man last week. They have up to 12 employees. He said the health insurance went up $15,000 this year on just he and his wife. (That's additional, not total.) He provides health insurance for his employees. He said it went up for them as well but he didn't say how much.

So, the bottom line is that for those who think a tax refund is the result of poor planning of tax withholding, they need to walk in someone else's shoes besides their own for a while, so they can see that it ain't a one-size-fits-all world or tax code either.

;)

GG

I talked to my toy store owner about ammo and he said there are several LARGE international ammo contracts that will be finally fulfilled in June and July of this year. He expects ammo availability to become better by early fall.

I talked to my toy store owner about ammo and he said there are several LARGE international ammo contracts that will be finally fulfilled in June and July of this year. He expects ammo availability to become better by early fall.

Yay! Positive news for once :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Please don't tell anyone I wrote this... Maybe everyone is getting their guns from that pillar of the gun control group, Leland Yee. :o;)

Yes it is ;)

Just a joke...NOT a funny one though.

I've done some mathematical cyphering about them dependents. I've found that they cost a whole lot more than any tax savings I may realize.

according to my cpa ....my 3 after college and a divorce were rigjt around $500k each. Do you know which line I put that on my 1040?

according to my cpa ....my 3 after college and a divorce were rigjt around $500k each. Do you know which line I put that on my 1040?

I have a very smart grand daughter. We were talking while watching her 14 month old son terrorize his great grandmother. She told me that she and her husband had been discussing the concept of "one and done" as far as children were concerned. I told her she was smart!

I have a very smart grand daughter. We were talking while watching her 14 month old son terrorize his great grandmother. She told me that she and her husband had been discussing the concept of "one and done" as far as children were concerned. I told her she was smart!

We went with 4 so they could have playmates and not need the bad influence of the neighbors kids. The downside is they feed off each other and there is never any peace. Plenty of tax deductions though

I wonder if kids are like dogs. One dog and it is lonely and breaks things, two dogs and they play with each other and break things, just not out of loneliness.

I just tried to order some rifle parts from VTI Gun Parts...

Uberti must be making a potful of guns because they sure as h*ll ain't making any spare parts!

Somebody is buying the durn things.

Yep, you have to remember what's on the other side. If you underpay your quarterly estimated taxes (or salary withholding) by too much, there's a penalty.

Whut's a tax refund???

That's the money you loaned for a entire year to the Federal government interest free.

Archived