SASS Wire Forum

A "What's The Call" for Pale Wolf

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever play that game...well I don't know if it's a game...but for sake of argument, let's call it a game, where you spin yourself around a baseball bat and then try and run down a football field.

Try it.

Then you'll know how I'm feeling right now.

Cheers!

Phantom

I have pharmaceuticals that yield the same results without having to put up with the inconvenience of a bat or football field.

Allie, shame shame shame, give yursef 2 points!!! :P

dunt see no points yit!!

:P:P :P :P:P

4 points for yu BJ!

tha's reserved for WYATT!

hmmph!!! I'm never wrong, never! :P:P :P :P:P

Sorry, left out the one pertinent detail. There was NO order on the SG targets. It was a "Just knock them all down" stage. Since shot #3 impacted between SG3 and SG4, intent could not be determined as to where the round was supposed to go. Shot #4 did impact on SG3 and knock it down. 4 shots fired, 4 targets down. Shooter was also instructed to shoot #5 because RO THOUGHT SG4 hadn't been engaged. Two minor but VERY critical pieces of info missing. Sorry.....long day yesterday.

Hey that's my line! :P;)

Ahemm...... my post was never directed at AofH.....just sayin' ..... ;)

INTENT HAS NO CONSIDERATION!!!!!

REPEAT AFTER ME, INTENT IS NOT A CONSIDERATION!

ASK KING AGRIPA!!

Oh... SHYANNIE... I'm pretty sure that was a direct hit. ... :) But pass over here whatever that is you're enjoyin' this fine evening:

Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa (c. 23 October or November 64/63 BC – 12 BC) was a Roman statesman and general.[2] He was a close friend, son-in-law, lieutenant and defence minister to Octavian, the future Emperor Caesar Augustus and father-in-law of the Emperor Tiberius, maternal grandfather of the Emperor Caligula, and maternal great-grandfather of the Emperor Nero. He was responsible for most of Octavian’s military victories, most notably winning the naval Battle of Actium against the forces of Mark Antony and Cleopatra.

First off, stop shouting. Second off, I KNOW intent doesn't enter into the discussion. That was the whole point of the "4 shots were enough" side's of the debate. I sided with them. You can't tell what the shooter was thinking, so you have to go with results. One target was already down, one shot was in the vicinity of the downed target to qualify as "engagement". Four shots were fired and all four targets were down. I said no call. Club president disagreed.

Then I apologize to you, but this has been dragged on and on about intent....and has for years, it got the best of me, maybe show it to yur prez..

This thread has way too many comments to read them all, so can someone cut to the chase and just tell me who won?

PWB;

Thread has turned a little silly - but fun. Now --

Is this correct versus OP as written?:

Shoot shotgun targets S1, S2, S3, S4 with no shooting order given - then four shots fired, four shotgun targets down at end of string - NO CALL.

Shoot shotgun targets S1, S2, S3, S4 to fall in order - then S3, must fall before shooting S4 - so 5th shot is required (along with four shotgun targets down at end of string) - for a NO CALL.

Ever play that game...well I don't know if it's a game...but for sake of argument, let's call it a game, where you spin yourself around a baseball bat and then try and run down a football field.

Try it.

Then you'll know how I'm feeling right now.

Cheers!

Phantom

Never played that game. During a high school rivalry, we did take our cars out to the opposing high schools practice football field and do donuts........does that count? :ph34r:

3 pages? To quote the Phantom, OY?

PWB;

Thread has turned a little silly - but fun. Now --

Is this correct versus OP as written?:

Shoot shotgun targets S1, S2, S3, S4 with no shooting order given - then four shots fired, four shotgun targets down at end of string - NO CALL.

Shoot shotgun targets S1, S2, S3, S4 to fall in order - then S3, must fall before shooting S4 - so 5th shot is required (along with four shotgun targets down at end of string) - for a NO CALL.

Not exactly...... S3 does not have to fall. S3 must be ENGAGED before ENGAGING S4. Shooter could have shot S1, S2, miss, shoot S4 where it was, and then gone back and shot S3.

There shooter may RE-ENGAGE any shotgun target missed at any time during the shotgun string.

Not exactly...... S3 does not have to fall. S3 must be ENGAGED before ENGAGING S4. Shooter could have shot S1, S2, miss, shoot S4 where it was, and then gone back and shot S3.

There shooter may RE-ENGAGE any shotgun target missed at any time during the shotgun string.

not always so, at EOT once year the sg targets had to FALL in the correct order! all depends on how it is written..

In my question, I wrote FALL IN ORDER not SHOOT IN ORDER. I believe your answer would be consistent with SHOOT IN ORDER.

I'm taking the 5 page O/U.... for $5.

Archived