SASS Wire Forum

1873 Uberti rifle ?

Blufrost

Bought one with a straight stock. But am wondering if it is possible to buy a deluxe stock and forearm to replace the straight one.

Any help is appreciated.

Shoot what you have and see how it feels for you.

I tried both the straight and curved stocks.

As it turns out, I can not make my fingers form the shape necessary to use the curved stock lever.

All my long guns have straight stocks.

You may find one fits better than the other.

Won't know until you try.

CH

Have to change the lower tang and lever, too.

And that lower tang may be a special order part. That is the part with the serial number.

Ask someone to let you try their pistol grip model. If you really prefer it, better to sell yours and buy another rifle.

I only put two fingers in the lever and at that point of the stock there is basically no difference. I shoot a pistol grip and at a shoot this winter I couldn't put a speed rifle run together to save my a$$. Went to the cart and grabbed my sons strait stock and had my best run all day out of the gate. Try it you may like it.

I just shot my new curved stock in it's first match. 73s seem to be getting scarce; at least in South Fl. I jumped on the first one in my price range and came up with a jewel. She performed admirably,had to adjust sights and hammer fall tension after the first stage. Other than that, no complaints. Having said that, would I prefer a straight stock? Maybe, but sadly I am not rich enough to go the other way now.Truthfully, from the free rifle tries I got from the super nice pards of the Gold Coast Gunslingers, I truly could not tell the difference. I think, pretty much, all rifles are minutely individuals and will change your shooting habits minutely. Anyways, it's all in the fun you have.

SELL ONE!??? ARE YOU NUTS? Just buy the semi-pistol grip stocked version... you never know when you'll need that backup. :ph34r:

Archived