SASS Wire Forum

2014 Land Run Shoot

Ace Hanlon

As he stands there with right hand raised, a cheesy grin on his face, and left hand with crossed fingers behind his back. I'm still coming prepared for anything.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

[/quote

Well...he has known me for a long time.

As he stands there with right hand raised, a cheesy grin on his face, and left hand with crossed fingers behind his back. I'm still coming prepared for anything.

Well...he has known me for a long time.

For what its worth :D the weather man says the following.

Wed 87 and sunny

Thurs. Low 61 High 82 and Sunny

Friday Low 60 High 78 and Sunny

Saturday Low 60 High 80 Possible strong storms in spots

Sunday Low 60 High 82 Mostly Sunny

Bois D'Arc is working his MOJO :lol:

I shot Land Run last year for first time. I really enjoyed all aspects of this very well run shooting event. I met some outstanding people ( like we do at SASS events ) and engaged some very fun stages. The Saturday night banquet at the National Cowboy Hall of Fame was outstanding.

Living in Northern Wis (with a 6-12 snowfall predicted for tonight) I make Land Run my first shooting event of the new year. Looking forward to the trip this year.

This is one of those SASS matches that all should try to take in.

Travel safe

Marshal Fire

I just took a look at the posse list. Marshal Fire you are on what looks to be a good posse.

I see a couple of posses there that really need me! Unfortunately, not this year :(

Leavin at 0700 in the morning for OKC so Lady Fingers & I can help Work-N-Ranch get set up. Then there's warm ups, & side matches on Thurs. Gonna see how well my Uberti .22 Cal '66 works under pressure.

My thanks to Tame Bill and Midland for donating the XTC200 helmet cam for a Landrun shooters prize. My name was drawn for it on Saturday at the Fort stage. I've been wanting one for a while. Now I can see firsthand how bad I really shoot.

Fingers (Show Me MO Smoke) McGee

Noz, tell me it isn't so!!! You and your smoke will be missed. Will we see you at Missouri State or Shootin In The Shade?

Got my horns pulled in this year.

Looks like Smoking Guns at Rabbit Ridge is gonna be the only outing.

Well my first Land Run is over and it was a great event and I will return next year! The Oklahoma Territorial Marshalls are a great bunch of folks who put on a great event and I met many new cowboys and cowgirls!. I did not do very well on the shooting part of the weekend mostly because of my reloading abilities associated with the 32-20 caliber but I did learn from my mistakes for next time. Thanks so much for a great time!

Archived