SASS Wire Forum

2014 Land Run Shoot

Ace Hanlon

Only 20 days until my first Land Run in Oklahoma City. This will be my first airline trip taking my cowboy irons with me and I hope all goes well! Looking forward to the trip and a CAS event with 300 shooters. Ace

I shot Land Run last year for first time. I really enjoyed all aspects of this very well run shooting event. I met some outstanding people ( like we do at SASS events ) and engaged some very fun stages. The Saturday night banquet at the National Cowboy Hall of Fame was outstanding.

Living in Northern Wis (with a 6-12 snowfall predicted for tonight) I make Land Run my first shooting event of the new year. Looking forward to the trip this year.

This is one of those SASS matches that all should try to take in.

Travel safe

Marshal Fire

Great to have some first timers to Land Run. It will be a fun filled end of the week and weekend.

Ace make sure you pack for Rain, Snow, and Sleet, there is no telling what kind of weather Mother Nature will throw at us.

Great to have some first timers to Land Run. It will be a fun filled end of the week and weekend.

Ace make sure you pack for Rain, Snow, and Sleet, there is no telling what kind of weather Mother Nature will throw at us.

+1

And for temps between 20 and 90. I've been going for 10 or 11 years and it seems I've seen everything in regards to weather. Sometimes in a 24 hour period.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

This will be my Seventh year Always look forward to a really fun and enjoyable shoot But always bring rubber Boots!

Ace, it's always an honor to have someone come from so far away to shoot Land Run with us. It must be difficult getting all of your gear to a shoot on the airplane, so if you need anything or if we can do anything for you from this end please let me know. Please don't be troubled by what these rumor mongers have said about Oklahoma weather. It's always beautiful here in April...trust me.

Only 20 days until my first Land Run in Oklahoma City. This will be my first airline trip taking my cowboy irons with me and I hope all goes well! Looking forward to the trip and a CAS event with 300 shooters. Ace

ACE,

I'm jealous. I like to travel and shoot but as with most of us Pards, we do have some restrictions built into our lives like work, families, money and time off.

Safe travels and I hope your Marlins serve you well.

..........Widder

Ace, it's always an honor to have someone come from so far away to shoot Land Run with us. It must be difficult getting all of your gear to a shoot on the airplane, so if you need anything or if we can do anything for you from this end please let me know. Please don't be troubled by what these rumor mongers have said about Oklahoma weather. It's always beautiful here in April...trust me.

Ya forgot to add the cheesy grin at the end Bois D'Arc

Thanks Widder! I will be sure to report back on my performance but my Marlins are faster than me! Ace

Thanks Widder! I will be sure to report back on my performance but my Marlins are faster than me! Ace

Hey Ace, sounds like you got that 44 Marlin shortstroke working well, looking forward to meeting you & your son.

Land Run has been one of my favorites for over ten years. The club/range has made SO many improvements over the last few years. Missouri Mae, Flat Top Okie, Stoney Cahill, Roy's Creek Dan, Bois D'Arc, and others have worked very hard to make Land Run such a grand match....and topped with a fantastic awards banquet. This will be my second year to miss but things happen in life (like surgery) so I am certainly hoping for 2015. You folks have fun.

West you will have a great time !! An I 'am looking forward to seeing you again, I will let you know what the weather will be like early in the week before you leave

Billy Boots, thank you for your kind words. I'm very sorry to hear you won't be with us this year. You will be missed. Hope your surgery goes well and you are back on your feet soon, and I sure hope you can make Land Run in 2015.

My best to you,

Bois D'Arc

P.S. As of today we are at 332 registered shooters.

Here's the link

http://www.okcgunclub.org/cowboy/

This is going to be my first as well, but I have one advantage. I live 3 miles from the range! I won't be shooting as I'm still just a noob and would slow everyone down, but I will be there watching and taking notes and strolling the vendors (and emptying my wallet, I am sure).

See ya'll there!

Always excited about this trip. One of the best matches around. Hate your not gonna make it Billy, good luck on the surgery (hope it's nothin too serious). I'll try to keep an eye on Cousin Bill :ph34r:

Here's the link

This is going to be my first as well, but I have one advantage. I live 3 miles from the range! I won't be shooting as I'm still just a noob and would slow everyone down, but I will be there watching and taking notes and strolling the vendors (and emptying my wallet, I am sure).

See ya'll there!

Wrong!!!! Break out the guns, pay the fee and go shoot. You'll have a ball.

Here's the link

See ya'll there!

Please don't ever think about yourself that way. I am new and slow myself, but I still go to the matches that I can swing. It is all about fun, and the more you shoot, the better you will be. Get over there and shoot. You won't regret it

Ya'll are great!

RCD, You're one of the reasons we came back! Hope Flat Top wasn't too sore about our early departure Sunday. Stuff happens.

I'm going to see what I can do to pay it forward and volunteer to work a stage or two (or more)

In the last 4 Days we have had Thunderstorms, Hail, snow, tornado's, 27 degrees, and 80 degrees. If you pack for weather like what Fingers McGee alluded to you might be prepared. But Bois D'Arc promises that this kind of weather is all behind us :)

In the last 4 Days we have had Thunderstorms, Hail, snow, tornado's, 27 degrees, and 80 degrees. If you pack for weather like what Fingers McGee alluded to you might be prepared. But Bois D'Arc promises that this kind of weather is all behind us :)

He'd be correct.

It's whats ahead of us that worries me. :wacko::D:P

Gentlemen, please, why all this pessimistic talk about the weather? Right now in central Oklahoma the sky is crystal blue, the birds are singing, the sun is shinning and there is a pleasant gentle breeze stirring the air. I just saw a robin with a grin on his face. The weather for Land Run will be beautiful...trust me.

Forecast thus far for next Thursday is a high temp of 79° and sunshine.

Besides, rain never hurt anybody, hail is just frozen rain, and the car is insured. It's all good!!

Gentlemen, please, why all this pessimistic talk about the weather? Right now in central Oklahoma the sky is crystal blue, the birds are singing, the sun is shinning and there is a pleasant gentle breeze stirring the air. I just saw a robin with a grin on his face. The weather for Land Run will be beautiful...trust me.

As he stands there with right hand raised, a cheesy grin on his face, and left hand with crossed fingers behind his back. I'm still coming prepared for anything.

Archived