SASS Wire Forum

One of the BEST in California - Defend the Roost

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think of that every time I self release a flyer and :) . The Philly Stomp.

But the most funny thing was how the flyer fell off of the launcher and then rolled between Philly's feet and down the sand hill......

The really important questions are.

1 How much beer can Buckhorn Bud bring?

2 Who's gonna keep an eye on Allie, so she doesn't wander off?

:ph34r:

LG

Since you said you weren't going to make it My beer should be safe. :)

Yer fergittin' about me, Bud.................... :ph34r::P

Lumpy, We're gonna miss you (maybe) and Ima (fro sure), even if there is more beer for the rest of us!

Allie-You will be driving 'rite' by the IWBC brewery, just before you turn off and head into town.

It's an easy 'off & on' for your truck and trailer.

Don't miss it--- :excl:

http://www.mojavered.com/

They give you samples to taste, too. ;)

LG

Lumpy, We're gonna miss you (maybe) and Ima (fro sure), even if there is more beer for the rest of us!

Yeah-Life just gets in the way somedangtimes. :( We were plan'n on going back to Montana this year to shoot the Quigley, and home shop in Forsyth, maybe next year-----

We both really wanted to shoot DTR :excl:

Barb :wub: got a job work'n at Sams Club, till her Phlebotomy certs arrive.

Then she has a real good shot(pun intended :P)with a lab here in Lancaster, thanks to her Doc(part owner).

THX :rolleyes:, BoA for turn'n our lives upsidedown-n-sidewayz :angry:.

Over 2500+ folks lost their jobs in Lancaster, Ca. when BoA closed the call-center down.

LG

Yer fergittin' about me, Bud.................... :ph34r::P

Nope, I ain't forgot. Much easier to defend against one attack than two. ;)

I was worried a bit but am glad to see this shoot is going to happen. I missed last year so was really looking forward to the ride to Crumville. I have always liked the smaller shoots with great personalities like this one.

Rest assured boys, your beer will be safe from me.

I was worried a bit but am glad to see this shoot is going to happen. I missed last year so was really looking forward to the ride to Crumville. I have always liked the smaller shoots with great personalities like this one.

Rest assured boys, your beer will be safe from me.

Our beer ain't good 'nuf fer ya? Better bring yer gunz, cuz them's fight'n words. :angry:

(Glad to have you back Jim.)

No offense to another Cap and Baller but NO beer is good enough for me, can't stand the stuff :-).

Now if you leave some Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, or some good Old Overholt layin' about, it's fair game in my world. :-)

(See ya'll in May)

Yeah-Life just gets in the way somedangtimes. :( We were plan'n on going back to Montana this year to shoot the Quigley, and home shop in Forsyth, maybe next year-----

We both really wanted to shoot DTR :excl:

Barb :wub: got a job work'n at Sams Club, till her Phlebotomy certs arrive.

Then she has a real good shot(pun intended :P)with a lab here in Lancaster, thanks to her Doc(part owner).

THX :rolleyes:, BoA for turn'n our lives upsidedown-n-sidewayz :angry:.

Over 2500+ folks lost their jobs in Lancaster, Ca. when BoA closed the call-center down.

LG

Hey Lumpy, good news! Looks like the tide is starting to turn fer you all. Offers still stand, and parayers up for the lab opportunity!

PS - I'll even buy some beer!

No offense to another Cap and Baller but NO beer is good enough for me, can't stand the stuff :-).

Now if you leave some Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, or some good Old Overholt layin' about, it's fair game in my world. :-)

(See ya'll in May)

You really need to try Bulleit and Buffalo Trace ;) YUMMY :excl:

LG

Hey now, don't forget about the Yelping Coyote Saloon. I'm just sayin'.

Shaky D, you tell 'em.

We have all that, and then some!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey!

It's almost time or there's still time to sign up.

I'm really looking forward to seeing friends I've missed and attending a new-to-me match. The last times I attended new-to-me matches (US Open, W3G), I felt like I'd just enlarged my family from meeting so many new folks!

I so love this sport!

Regards,

Allie

Hey!

I'm really looking forward to seeing friends I've missed and attending a new-to-me match. The last times I attended new-to-me matches (US Open, W3G), I felt like I'd just enlarged my family from meeting so many new folks!

I so love this sport!

Regards,

Allie

Give Just George a kiss on the cheek for me. :o

Hey!

I so love this sport!

Regards,

Allie

Yee Haw, Shootin' starts in 6 days. :P Lookin' forward to seein' you and all our other friends there.

Also lookin' forward to trying out our 'new' (1996) 5th wheel. (We just picked it up last weekend.)

Shaky D is telling NO MORE stories about the Yelping Coyote Saloon........and he has promised not to make any more legends this year.

Well, that's kind of disappointing, :( but we're still lookin' forward to seein' him too.

This side match has grown from a stage he wrote once for a monthly match to a popular side match at DTR. 5 pistol, 0 - ?? shotgun. There is one smallish pistol target, and 4 knockdowns. With your pistol, you have to hit the smallish target before moving on to the knockdowns. If you hit the smallish target and take down all 4 knockdowns with your 5 pistol rounds, you win a lapel pin. It's a different pin every year. You can finish off standing knockdowns with your shotgun, but you ain't gettin' a pin.

This side match has grown from a stage he wrote once for a monthly match to a popular side match at DTR. 5 pistol, 0 - ?? shotgun. There is one smallish pistol target, and 4 knockdowns. With your pistol, you have to hit the smallish target before moving on to the knockdowns. If you hit the smallish target and take down all 4 knockdowns with your 5 pistol rounds, you win a lapel pin. It's a different pin every year. You can finish off standing knockdowns with your shotgun, but you ain't gettin' a pin.

Thanks!

JJ,

You will be happy to know that we are lettin' the wind blow itself out this weekend - the forcast is great (although warmer) for the shoot! We should have a slight breeze, perfect for us Darksiders!

Have a safe trip - see you at DTR!

Harvey

You mean I won't get an action job this weekend? :-) If you want, I can try to push some wind in from Tehachapi.

I will be rolling in late on Thursday since some of us still have that work thing to deal with (< 3 yrs to freedom though)

Jim,

We had more than enough ind wfrom Tehachapi this weekend, and watched Owens Lake descend on us this morning (thanks to Los Angeles DWP :ph34r: ).

I'm pretty near the retirement number, as well, and looking forward to it!

I'll be tending bar at the Yelping Coyote Saloon Thursday nite, and if you get in at a reasonable time, drinks are on me! Otherwise, you get to wait till Friday :P !

Harvey

I don't expect to get in much before 2200 hrs so don't wait on me pard. I may even make camp early to roll in at daylight.

Although the party may be still going, I don't want to wake anyone up by pulling in late.

:ph34r: C'mon up! 100*f up here is much nicer than the same temp down in the Basin (or 'Pit') :lol: . Forecast is for mid-9o's except for Friday, but as you know, "It's a DRY heat...."

Looking forward to seeing lots of old friends, and even some younger ones... :)

Ya'll travel safe, now.

I don't expect to get in much before 2200 hrs so don't wait on me pard. I may even make camp early to roll in at daylight.

Although the party may be still going, I don't want to wake anyone up by pulling in late.

As I recall, the last time I was able to attend, the Yelping Coyote closed at 2100. Most bars don't really get started till 2100. Not saying that that's a bad thing 'cuz I'm usually getting ready for bed by that time. Of course I may still be gettin' things workin in my "new" (1997 but we've had it less than two weeks) tin tee-pee. Either way, "We'll leave the light on for ya."

:ph34r: C'mon up! 100*f up here is much nicer than the same temp down in the Basin (or 'Pit') :lol: . Forecast is for mid-9o's except for Friday, but as you know, "It's a DRY heat...."

Looking forward to seeing lots of old friends, and even some younger ones... :)

Ya'll travel safe, now.

With this crowd it's kinda hard to know if I fit in the the "old friends" category or the "younger ones" (assuming I even fit into the "friends" category).

Archived