SASS Wire Forum

One of the BEST in California - Defend the Roost

Defend the Roost by the Robbers Roost Vigilantes (Ridgecrest, CA) is coming up soon. Free camping, and they have the Big Tent right there for the Banquet, pot lucks, karaoke, and more so you never have to leave the Range!!! Reasonable hotels/motels not far from the range. May 15-18 so there is still time to get your reservations in for this great shoot in. If you have never shot the Great Train Robbery, you are really missing out!! Here is what you shoot for the side match stage The Great Train Robbery:

The Great Train Robbery at the Pueblo

2 Derringer 5 Pocket Pistol 10 Pistol 10 Rifle

6 + Shotgun 5 Bolt Action Military Rifle

3 Single Shot Rifle 5 45ACP or 3rd Cowboy Pistol

5 22 Pistol 10 22 Rifle

Bring what you have, they will supply anything you don't have.

www.robbersroostvigilantes.com for more information on this fun shoot.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh how I wish I could play this year. One of the best matches I've ever been to. If you like to shoot, this match is a MUST. You could bring your entire safe and they'd come close to having you use everything in it. If you think you've got enough ammo, bring more.

I'd visit Cali for that if I had the money and time. Are those number the round count for that stage?

Looking forward to seeing all of you who will be there. Gonna miss you guys who can't make it. I've read the booklet and it's gonna be fun.

We have 10 great stages lined up along with lots of free side matches including a night shoot and our version of the "Wild Bunch" and the Great Train Robbery,

I've shot the Great Train Robbery every chance I had since I first started in SASS and it gets better every year. M. C. Ryder keeps adding more to the fun. You can see the write-up for the 2012 Train Robbery here: http://www.robbersroostvigilantes.com/RRV_WildBunch/wild_bunch_info.htm

I'd visit Cali for that if I had the money and time. Are those number the round count for that stage?

yes, That is the round count for the Great Train Robbery.

Hmmm...I don't have two of the required guns (Derringer and Bolt Action Rifle); but that side match is beginning to sound like an offer I can't refuse... ;)

Not to worry Miss Allie. You are more than welcome to borrow mine.

Almost everyone borrows at least one or two guns. My first time all I had was my cowboy guns. EVERYTHING else was borrowed. :D I doubt there are more than three people that have all firearms listed.

Not to worry Miss Allie. You are more than welcome to borrow mine.

Almost everyone borrows at least one or two guns. My first time all I had was my cowboy guns. EVERYTHING else was borrowed. :D I doubt there are more than three people that have all firearms listed.

me and lash did, and loaned em all the time

it is a hoot, that is layed out well within a great facade

Allie-Don't forget to bring your WB 'toys'. There's a 3 stage side match and a BP night shoot.

You'll also need your 1911 for the TR stage.

There will also be a SWAP MEET at DTR. :o

Included in the price is a DANG GOOD Mexican Dinner catered by on of the very best Mexican Restaurants in Ca, Domingo's out of Boron. Along with a BBQ lunch

Here what you get........

http://robbersroostvigilantes.com/DTR2014/2014%20Defend%20the%20Roost.pdf

LG

How old do the military bolt rifles have to be? Are modern pocket pistols allowed? Are the 1911s mil-spec or can I bring my pimp gun? I need to plan for something like this.

Bolt rifles up to and including WW2 from any country. LEAD BULLET AMMO ONLY :excl::excl::excl::excl:

P'pistols of the cowboy era? No S&W 'J' frames :P

I use my old duty 1911 with adj. sights with no issue.

How "pimp'd" is your 1911? No comps!

Bring tons of ammo........

LG

me and lash did, and loaned em all the time

it is a hoot, that is layed out well within a great facade

And we very much appreciate the loans. :)

Thank you MIKE.

:ph34r: Philly-- sorry you won't be able to make it this year. Hope you.re continuing to mend properly.

Glad to see Miss Mo will be there :wub: That'll make my day!

BTW, Allie, we ARE having a cowboy swap meet on sidematch day--- time to rearrange the closet again.....

Bolt rifles up to and including WW2 from any country. LEAD BULLET AMMO ONLY :excl::excl::excl::excl:

P'pistols of the cowboy era? No S&W 'J' frames :P

I use my old duty 1911 with adj. sights with no issue.

How "pimp'd" is your 1911? No comps!

Bring tons of ammo........

LG

So my Model of 1917 is fine if I shoot lead bullets. Check.

Cowboy era pocket pistols? Negative.

I have a nickeled RIA 1911 with beaver tail and commander hammer. Not WB legal, but no dots on the sights, either. I need pearl grips to completely pimp it out, though.

:ph34r: Philly-- sorry you won't be able to make it this year. Hope you.re continuing to mend properly.

Glad to see Miss Mo will be there :wub: That'll make my day!

BTW, Allie, we ARE having a cowboy swap meet on sidematch day--- time to rearrange the closet again.....

Hi Bd!

Thnk for the info. I will bring tuff. I till hve oodle of tuff to ell! LOL!

BTW, I need new omputer. ome of my key hve quit working nd I hve to keep rebooting it... Oh well... I think you get the point.

:wub: to you nd Goode!

llie Mo

The Great Train Robbery sidematch is my favorite sidematch ever! It has everything- cowboy guns, long range, pocket pistol and yes! More! all on one fun stage. I have not been able to get over there for the last couple of years, and with great regret won't make it this year, but maybe my daughter can take my place.... We'll see

I want to thank everyone who has responded to this thread. Your very kind comments are what keeps us going. Members of the R R V do everything we can to promote Cowboy Action Shooting and to insure you have the best possible shooting experience. Over the years we have developed a shoot that we believe tells our story.

I look forward to seeing all of you in May.

Just George

Match Director

Ps Madd Mike, you are still the fastet clean shooter of the Great Train Robbery side match. :D

Lash Latigo, you are still the fastest overall shooter of the Great Train Robbery (even with one miss!) :o

Allie Mo, YOU CAN DO THIS! ;)

Another thing, is the fact we are not far from one of the great breweries you'll find.

They have a "Mojave Gold" beer that's one of my favorites.

http://www.mojavered.com/

IWBC also has an outstanding cream soda and root beer.

Their restaurant, serves an outstanding prime rib that melts in your mouth.

LG

Another thing, is the fact we are not far from one of the great breweries you'll find.

They have a "Mojave Gold" beer that's one of my favorites.

http://www.mojavered.com/

IWBC also has an outstanding cream soda and root beer.

Their restaurant, serves an outstanding prime rib that melts in your mouth.

LG

As much as I hate to do it, I have to agree with Lumpy on this one. They really advertize the Mojave red but I like the gold much better.

Bud, Lumpy,

Au Contraire. :D

Mojave Red is by far preferable, but ONLY if sampled in the proper, DRAUGHT form. I agree that if you compare the bottled versions, the "Gold" is the preferred version. As a 19th century CAS afficiaonado, I find that irrelevant to the discussion - only the on tap versions deserve comparison! :P

What I do agree with is that this is a do-not-miss shoot that will make you enjoy each and every shot from your 19th Century assault guns!

Come shoot with us in the old west, where the old west history was actually made (see Robbers Roost)! :D

Harvey

Don't forget the Cowboy Swap meet on Thursday, noon to 3. I have a few things that seem to have either grown or shrunk just sitting in my closet......however, I don't know that this swap meet will include BEER!!!!!!

Nevada Skye,

If yer lookin' fer beer to swap, we may be able to provide some options, Lobotomy Boch is another VERY tasty one by our local brewery, and the alcohol content can be challenging (hence the name)!

Not sure your closet grow or shink stuff will fit me, but I have been known to wear a Kilt from time to time.. :P Clan MacLeod, you know! ;)

Harvey

See you here! :lol:

Archived