SASS Wire Forum

Wartrace: after the match (starts on post 38)

Widder, SASS #59054

ifn the weather holds up and continues to look like a good shooting day, ole Widder is gona fire up the hayburner and head out to Wartrace early on Saturday morn.

If all goes well, I hope to be shooting with Pards I rarely get to see but often miss

Pray for good weather and save me a parking spot.

I think Clancy and Marshal W.D. are gona try to travel over also.

Where will YOU be on Saturday morning? Reading the morning paper or somewhere sending lead down range.

YEEHAW!

..........Widder

I hope to be sending some lead down range and maybe hit some targets.

I'll be crossing Alligator Alley heading for The Gold Coast Gunslingers!!!

Howdy Harley.

I decided not to wait for warm weather to come to me but rather I would search and find it first.

Looks like Wartrace is the ticket.

..........WIdder

Is anybody welcome up there?

Howdy Hank.

That would be great ifn you could drive up also.

Heck, they'll probably roll out the red carpet for you. And like Drifter said, ifn they will allow Pards like ME and HIM, ya know everyone else is welcome with open arms..... :lol:

Ifn Clancy O'Connell and Marshal WD come (which I think they are), we could have a good GF representation there with You, Clancy, BW Jack, RENO Mustang, myself.......and hopefully a couple others whose name eludes me for now.

ANYMORE GFer's out there?

Randy, I'm probably gona need some spring dry fire practice before I start burnin the rails off the ole '97.

But, I plan to get back into the groooooove sooooon and start my 'seasonal' dry fire practice..... ;)

Lookin forward to shootin with all you good folks again.

..........Widder

We'll have to check, but I think the red carpet is currently at the cleaners. Some dude tracked mud all over it the other week when we rolled it out last. We might be able to roll out a rug, rubber mat, or perhaps a small blanket without issue.

Brada Tat Tat and Gray Horse will probably be there shooting GF.

Hockey season is over and we'll be in town, so throw my name in the pot as well.

Who else can we convince to come out and play?

GFer's expected to be at WARTRACE:

Branchwater Jack

Hikes Point Hank

Clancy O'Connell

Reno Mustang

Brada Tat Tat

Gray Horse

Widder (and I don't plan to shoot Senior GF. I'm gona join right in the fun with all you younger whipper snappers)

Maybe a few others will join in.

..........Widder

Jack,

its always good to shoot with other GFer's because I enjoy it. Clancy and I shoot together quite frequently and we have a blast.

Ifn Whiskey wants to put us all together, that would be great. Being a visitor as such and not seeing alot of those pards at Wartrace very often, I'll be happy whomever he puts me with............even that onery Randy St. Eagle feller..... :)

Weather is looking warm and sunny. YEEHAW!

..........Widder

Saturday4/5/2014

cond026.pngHi: 63°

Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 40s. Highs in the lower 60s.

Looks like I better grease up the slide rails of the ole '97! It could be a hot one... :) AND...I wouldn't want to disapoint Randy.

..........Widder

Sending lead down range from seven round mags if Tom has a wild hair. Wild Bunch shoot this Saturday at Cowtown. Warm, sunny and windy. Sagerider

No sending lead down the tubes, going to a gun show, hopefully going to find a decently priced coach gun! Maybe after I will go to my range to shoot though, have fun!!

Waimea,

Wartrace is a classic place for Cowboy. Its a 3 1/2 hr drive for me (7 round trip) but worth every mile.

Those Pards have a patent on fun and friendliness. That'll make this ole GF feel right at home..... :D

I wasn't able to make the TN State last year so I really miss shootin there. Gona try to make it there a couple times this summer just for their monthly. And hopefully, go back in OCT for their hosting the TN State again.

..........Widder

Hank, come on up we'd love to have you. Sounds like we might have a good bunch of Gunfighters Saturday. Widder I may be ornery but I'm old that should be some kind of excuse. :lol: Hopefully we'll have a big crowd. Also if you need any shot or bullets Lone Wolf said he'd be there.

See y'all Saturday.

Randy

Hey Randy.

I've greased the rails on the ole '97 but it might not do me much good.

This nasty Winter has kept me inside and I've only been able to shoot a couple times since last November.

But this warmer weather has put the itch back in me and I'm getting ready to Rock-n-Roll.

Lookin forward to shootin with ya!

I plan to be there around 9:00 YOUR TIME. Is that early enough?

..........Widder

HHH…..If they let me shoot there, they will let anyone in..lol Come join the fun.

Drifter

Hey Mike how ya doin? I'd like to make it down sometime myself, got to figure out how to make more time on weekends first.

The warm sunshine and hospitality just might also allow me the pleasure of seeing my good friend, Shaddai, Perfecta and Jake.

How bout it Shaddai.....ya coming to Wartrace? I've heard Jake is getting mighty good with that '97. Heck, I always thought he was good.....REAL GOOD!

..........Widder

Hey Brandon,

I will will ride down with you one weekend. Just let me know when. You will love shooting at Wartrace. You will like the range and go back because of the people. Hmmmm?, Where did I hear soemthing like that before? :P

KCD

what is this wart race place y'all speak of????

Archived