SASS Wire Forum

Leaving Florida and headin back to Indiana: Korupt Karl

Widder, SASS #59054

And I have a special request for you Indiana Pards.

Korupt Karl is on the road heading out of Florida back to Indiana.

We just talked on the phone and during the conversation, I mentioned eating some good fried Okra. HE ask me 'What is Okra'. Seriously.

Sooooo, when he gets back to Indiana, will one of you sodbusters up there fix Karl up with a mess of Fried Okra.

Southern Manna at its best! :wub:

p.s. - I understand he left Purty Boy still hangin out around the swamp land. So you FLorida Pards will still have to keep your women and little animals inside when the sun goes down.

:o

..........Widder

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had sliced fired sweet taters tha other night, rite tasty!!!

dunt much wunt any part of fried okra.....

I'll be down here bout another month....

Okra, white beans, cornbread...

I could live on it.

Man oh Man, You just flung a cravin on ole Widder.

Ifn the weather nice, I hope to shoot at Wartrace next Saturday. You gona be there?

EDIT: Ifn you tied my hands behind my back and put a plate of beans, fried Okra and 'conebread' on top of my head, I'd slap my brains out with my tongue trying to get to it.

..........Widder

Man oh Man, You just flung a cravin on ole Widder.

Ifn the weather nice, I hope to shoot at Wartrace next Saturday. You gona be there?

..........Widder

So did the first post of this thread! And I doubt I'm within a 1000 miles of fried okra.

So no, unfortunately I ain't gonna make the shoot.

I might be home a bit early from this work trip though, and while I won't make the next shoot at wartrace, it'd be nice to make a few before the heat sets in!

Now even though I am a yank, I know the serious grub of which you southern gentleman speak. Karl however is not of as refined a palate as some of us yanks. I will be sure to educate the man on some of the finer things in life just as soon as an opportunity presents itself. Had a little backfat and greens just the other night.....how's your cravin now Widder!

EDIT: Ifn you tied my hands behind my back and put a plate of beans, fried Okra and 'conebread' on top of my head, I'd slap my brains out with my tongue trying to get to it.

..........Widder

If it was possible to kill myself eating, I'd do with white beans and cornbread!

My wife's family has a hell of a recipe...

Well FT, when you get back to middle TN, you'll just have to go to the Bell Buckle cafe and getyeself a double order of Fried Okra.

Tell em to put it on Randy St. Eagles tab..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Now even though I am a yank, I know the serious grub of which you southern gentleman speak. Karl however is not of as refined a palate as some of us yanks. I will be sure to educate the man on some of the finer things in life just as soon as an opportunity presents itself. Had a little backfat and greens just the other night.....how's your cravin now Widder!

Before most of us started having high cholesterol problems, Moma would 'fry' up some strips of 'fatback' and we'd munch on those fried strips while eating other dinner items. Normally, I could only eat about 1 piece because they were sooooo salty. But it was goooooood.

For some reason, I never adapted a taste for greens. On the other hand, I really like cooked cabbage, cabbage soup, etc...

..........Widder

Man o man, I was gettin' hungry from all the good food talk............then I remembered that it was about KK. Kind of lost my appetite. KK never had fried okra? What the hell, been livin' in a Union camp?

I thought the dogs would be safe now that KK was gone but I know the Poodles and such are not safe. Purdy Boy is still around and he'll steal the rhinestones right off a Poodles collar.........gotta watch that boy.

Havin' scalloped potatoes and ham tonight.........now I'm hungry again. Gotta make some cornbread now.

S

yu mene thar's sum collars around whats still got rhinestones on em??? Imma slipping!!! here pooch here pooch....

Oh, one other thing................gonna miss that old boy. You know, kinda like missing dial up, a flea infested house, bias ply tires and the clap.

Yep, gonna miss him dearly.

Just kiddin'.

Sun

Shoot, took my dad out to lunch this week at Sonny's. Had fried okra, corn bread and barbecue. The okra wasn't as good as my grandmothers, but it was better than nothing.

My wife asked if it was safe to go out now. I told her to keep one eye open, Peanut Butter is still in the state.

Well FT, when you get back to middle TN, you'll just have to go to the Bell Buckle cafe and getyeself a double order of Fried Okra.

Tell em to put it on Randy St. Eagles tab..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

They might run you out of town on a rail, some dispute about my tab. :D

TN is not east!!!! we dunt allow no Okra in Ohio!!!!

and yur state smokes funny stuff,,, legally!

Maybe I'll find a wild-a$$ shirt to wear to the next LCP shoot in honor of Korrupt Karl.

I had a great time shooting with him and cc/pb this season.

Wiamemooma (what the hell, nobody else can spell my alias, why should I?)

Karl tracker update:

8:30 Saturday evening EST.

KK called me. KInda funny thou. He called to tell me he couldn't talk because he was in the middle of 8 lanes of traffic going thru Hot Lanta.

He did say that he was kinda homesick and was lookin forward to getting back home to shoot with alot of his old Pards.

Ya know, he really loves you guys!

..........Widder

My bad! FAT fingers

KK

Don't u believe these people, you haven't missed a thing never eating fried okra, its' like eating breaded deep fried snot,and besides it's known to make u have naked babies!

welcome home!

Before most of us started having high cholesterol problems, Moma would 'fry' up some strips of 'fatback' and we'd munch on those fried strips while eating other dinner items. Normally, I could only eat about 1 piece because they were sooooo salty. But it was goooooood.

For some reason, I never adapted a taste for greens. On the other hand, I really like cooked cabbage, cabbage soup, etc...

..........Widder

Talking about greens, how many of you know what "creeses" are and where you find them?

They might run you out of town on a rail, some dispute about my tab. :D

Ok, so I don't know or associate in any way with Randy when I eat there... Check.

I think we'll bring our own groceries with us when we come east....... :wacko::wacko:

Pardon...

You come east, but to get to Tennessee y'all gotta head south.

East, and South, are two wildy different regions.

Just make sure you differentiate if y'all head south ;)

Forgetting to could cause some hard feelings :lol:

My bad! FAT fingers

KK

Don't u believe these people, you haven't missed a thing never eating fried okra, its' like eating breaded deep fried snot,and besides it's known to make u have naked babies!

welcome home!

It's like eating pieces of the angel's clouds breaded and fried... One piece of heaven in your mouth at a time.

And if the euphoria results in nakeness and babies... That's "a'right..." But we won't be held responsible just because someone that ain't from 'round here can't control themselves :lol:

Archived