SASS Wire Forum

Shameless Plug for a New Leathermaker

I just got my new shotshell belt in the mail from my California pard Pack Rat. If any of y'all on the west coast ever need any new leather, please do yourselves a favor and keep Pack Rat in mind. This belt is absolutely beautiful!. He will make your leather any way you want it, just tell him what you are looking for.

Thanks again, my friend. I am going to get a lot of years usage out of this new belt.

Also, if you are looking for cowboy clothes, Pack Rat's better half Opal Rose makes shirts, pants, sleeve garters, etc. I'm pretty sure both of them have a facebook page (I don't do facebook) under their aliases.

Hi Matt,

They are nice folks. You can find them both on FB using their alias to search.

Regards,

Allie

I figured you might know them. I actually know Pack Rat through work. His employer and my employer do a lot of business. Opal just make me a cowboy shirt in periwinkle blue, which is the official color for esophageal cancer, and it is perfect!

Have known and shot with'em both for years.

They are two of the best folks you will ever know in this game :excl:

Somewhere, I have a picture of Allie, my Ima :wub: and Opal in their saloon girl outfits at RR-Bar. What a 'site' to see ^_^

LG

Have known and shot with'em both for years.

They are two of the best folks you will ever know in this game :excl:

Somewhere, I have a picture of Allie, my Ima :wub: and Opal in their saloon girl outfits at RR-Bar. What a 'site' to see ^_^

LG

I really hope to get out there one of these years and shoot a match with them and all of you, preferrably at their home club or maybe even Gunfight at the Jersey Lily. Catherine has never beeen to SoCal, and I'm gonna take her out there in the near future so we can play the tourist game.

Fall is beautiful out here, in the high desert.

LG

I lived a short time in San Diego in the early 90's, and really loved it. I ended up moving back to GA mainly because I just could not afford the housing out there. That, and the wife was not really happy. Darned shame, I really liked it out there.

August at the Western Regional. The summer in Morro Bay is divine!

Lacey and I'd like ta get out that way also..

Retired now ya know.. :wacko:

What's the weather like in August where yer talkin' about??

Also like ta consider that Chorro Valley shooters place (don't know if I spelled it right)

Thinkin' they have an annual out there...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' we need ta plan a trip out there... or.. trips.. :)

Lacey and I'd like ta get out that way also..

Retired now ya know.. :wacko:

What's the weather like in August where yer talkin' about??

Also like ta consider that Chorro Valley shooters place (don't know if I spelled it right)

Thinkin' they have an annual out there...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' we need ta plan a trip out there... or.. trips.. :)

The one in Chorro Valley is top notch from what I hear. I'll be there if they let me.

I think I've had drinks with them at the D Bar J tent at Winter Range the last couple of years, if I saw a pic I would know.

As Allie said, the weather is great in Morro Bay, temps range from mid 80s down to jacket weather in the PMs (August, jackets!) And since we are doing shameless plugs, the Chorro Valley Shoot Out ( SASS Western Regional) is a great shoot in a wonderfull setting, doesn't get much better than being on the California coast in the summer!

The one in Chorro Valley is top notch from what I hear. I'll be there if they let me.

Tell em I sent you ;):lol:

Hi Rance,

I can't imagine a better venue for a summer match. The seafood in Morro Bay is wonderful as is the Regional's Saturday night dinner. The turnout is great as they put on a good match. From what I've heard, placing the Regional there was another great decision by Misty Moonshine.

Another good time to visit California is in April. The first weekend is Dry Gulch at Arroyo Cantua (near Sacramento), skip a week, then Ft. Miller (near Fresno), then Last Stand at Chimney Rock (Lucerne Valley - see Cliff Hanger's thread), then the first weekend in May is the California State at 5 Dogs (north of Bakersfield). All of these venues have B) Cowboy Towns and fun targets.

I hope to see you and Mean Matt out here some day!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Howdy Matt- Thanks for the "Shameless Plug"! God knows Opal Rose and I are shameless, lol. it was a honor to make the belt for you and I know Opal is pleased to know the shirt fits you! With you being a survior- we take extra pleasure in knowing you will be looking good at your shoots- the targets are up to you, lol.

You know you and the Catherine have an open invitation out here in So Cal. and we will meet up at EOT one of these years. :) your pard- Pack Rat

Archived