SASS Wire Forum

Posse Requests at END of TRAIL

Misty Moonshine

All:

Around the first of the year, after a considerable amount of discussion, the decision was made to limit the number of posse requests a shooter could make at END of TRAIL to 10 people. (Rather than folks sending in lists of 25+ and building their own posses)

Based on the responses that have been posted to the "All Friends Posse" thread, as well as several emails and phone calls in regard to this topic, TA Chance, EOT Match Director and I have reexamined and revisited that decision over the past few days.

And....we stand by it. We feel like 10 Posse requests is still a very reasonable number that ensures shooters enjoy the company of their friends.

With that being said, some shooters that are affected feel as if we have "sprung" this on them too close to the match itself, when they have already made plans for this year.

So- in the interest of fairness and the spirit of compromise, END of TRAIL will not enforce this change until EOT 2015.

On behalf of both TA and myself, we thank you for your understanding.

Misty Moonshine

Hi Misty,

I'm so glad you read the Wire.

I am surprised that folks would request to shoot with ten people. If I ever send a request, it is for no more than two people. I guess you could say I was clueless about this. I think your decision is more than generous.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Creeker, SASS #43022, on 28 Mar 2014 - 7:08 PM, said:

It is hard enough finding ten people willing to shoot with me.

Never had to worry about having ten that wanted to do so.

Hey Creeker I'd shoot with you any day. Just make sure you bring your hourglass instead of a timer when I shoot.

Fire starts; issue addressed; reasons explained.

Jeez; I sure wish our current administration was this transparent.

Even if you don't agree with the decision, you must surely appreciate the open and honest handling of the issue.

Cheers,

FJT

Fire starts; issue addressed; reasons explained.

Jeez; I sure wish our current administration was this transparent.

Even if you don't agree with the decision, you must surely appreciate the open and honest handling of the issue.

Cheers,

FJT

Yep!

Ringer

Personally I think only the posse marshal should have the privilege of selecting posse members, other than family members and significant others. In that manner the posse marshal would be assured of having enough people to TO and count that actually understood how to do it.

Just my thoughts your mileage may vary.

Personally I think only the posse marshal should have the privilege of selecting posse members, other than family members and significant others. In that manner the posse marshal would be assured of having enough people to TO and count that actually understood how to do it.

Just my thoughts your mileage may vary.

Agree, the PMs should have some input. Taking on the job of PM is certainly assuming responsibillity and if I do so without the assurance of having dependable help, as you mention, then I, as the PM and possibly a few shooters, are not in for a enjoyable match.

I PM often and have numerous times requested for certain shooters who have expressed desire to be on my posse. My request of shooters may often be much more than ten, but most always, those doing the posse arrangements add shooters who are not on my list. This way the posse is not just my picks, but with some new folks. I like this, I get assurance of dependable TOs and spotters, but I get the delight of having new shooters also.

I totally agree!

Try being a posse marshal for 15 to 20 years at most of the biggest matches around and if you still don't agree....."Than you have some hidden agenda or are just clueless"! Sorry if I offend anyone, but it's true!!

I'll just stand here and hold this can of worms. The hidden agenda is pretty obvious.

Sounds good to me.

I'm going to EOT with 3 pards, out first time at EOT. We do want to posse together and were not sure how probable that request was. Wie're also looking forward to meeting a lot of new cowboys/girls.

This is good for us and seems like a very fair minded rethink.

You Sure?? I think you over thought this!! :P

well....it certainly wouldn't be the 1st time, but I do prefer to err on the side of 'over'-thinking...just sayin...

Archived