SASS Wire Forum

gunowners bypass Harry Reid’s stranglehold on the Senate . . .

Six-Shot

. . . by bringing a pro-gun bill directly onto the Senate calendar. Now that H.R. 4118 is “on the calendar,” this means that ANY SENATOR can now “move to proceed” to the bill, thereby CIRCUMVENTING HARRY REID'S STRANGLEHOLD over the Senate agenda.It is important because it opens the door for “motions to proceed” to other pro-gun bills, including legislation restoring veterans' rights and creating national reciprocity for concealed carry rights (both of which have close to 60 votes).

read about it here: http://www.gunowners.org/alert3102014.htm

Then call or write your senators. Ask them to support the motion to proceed to H.R. 4118.

While I am happy about getting any pro-gun bill on the calendar, doesn't this expose a procedure for getting anti-gun bills on the calendar just as easily?

Waimea

:FlagAm:

While I am happy about getting any pro-gun bill on the calendar, doesn't this expose a procedure for getting anti-gun bills on the calendar just as easily?

Waimea

Yes, but they can anyway because Harry Reid sets the agenda because the Dems have the majority in the Senate. The point of this parliamentary procedure is that the Repubs are in the minority and any pro-gun bills or legislation to block anti-gun bills can be brought up by them circumventing Harry Reid's control of the agenda.

Right you are.

I was dreaming of a day in the (hopefully) not-so-distant future when the Dems are in the minority in the Senate.

THEN they can pull some parliamentary procdure out of their a--, I mean hat.

The whole thing has gotten so convoluted, it's pretty sad.

Waimea

Archived