SASS Wire Forum

Source for buckeroo cowboy cloths

Cherokee Sam

Western clothing stores will usually work fine. Buckaroos will be given a tremendous amount of leeway in their clothes, as long as they don't violate the "hard and fast" rules like no teeshirts, ballcaps, sneakers, or designer jeans.

Don't be picky with their outfits (or let "clothing police" get picky, either). Long sleeved shirt (boys), jeans, comfortable boots of some sort, should get the shooter up to the line and ready to enjoy the game.

And, no hat is needed for Buckaroo.

Good luck, GJ

Try Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for long sleeved and western shirts. They might have inexpensive jeans also so you don't have to pay a fortune for them. I don't remember if they have cowboy boots, but they might. Personally, I would get a new pair of well fitting, comfortable boots. Just be aware that their feet can grow rapidly.

I was going to get a pair of Lucchese boots, but my daughter's foot went from a size smaller to two sizes larger than my foot from September to December. Never got them, but I've spent more on boots since CAS than I ever thought I would spend.

Archived