SASS Wire Forum

CA State Senator Leland Yee Arrested on Bribery And Corruption Charges

Uno Mas  SASS #80082

This morning, CA State Senator Leland Yee, one of the state's most virulent anti-gun legislators, was arrested on bribery and corruption charges by the FBI. http://www.nbcbayare...-252452181.html

There are allegations that Yee was working with drug gangs. The gangs responsible for the vast majority of the state's murders -- with guns. If so, this is hypocrisy writ large.

It does explain why he was so eager to take guns away from the citizens: to make things easier for his constituents.

[update:] Also arrested gangster Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, who was once sentenced to 25 years in prison on gun charges. SFGate

Good things happen to bad people, WOOOHOOO!!!

Hopefully, that's a wake up call for our northern brothers and sisters. I doubt it but there's always hope..........

Sorry to say Kris it is not the northern brothers and sister need the wake up call, it is the San Francisco brothers and sisters that need the wake up call

The sun rises and sets... :rolleyes:

A bit more information here.

Wow... This gets even more bizarre... he's on record as being serious anti-gun, but one of his associates was “An avowed former soldier in the San Francisco-based Hop Sing Tong gang” who was imprisoned for gun trafficking...."

Pictures here.

:blink:

Ah....love the irony.

Every anti-gun bill that he sponsored in his long career in both the Assembly and State Senate should be thoroughly investigated and if there is any connection, be repealed.

YESSSSSSSSSSS....!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSS....!!!!!!!!

Won't happen, of course, but I can dream.

Likely what will come of all this if he is convicted will be a push for even more anti-gun laws because, well, gee, if a CA STATE SENATOR can easily run guns, then anyone else can to, and gun running must be stopped.

Won't happen, of course, but I can dream.

Likely what will come of all this if he is convicted will be a push for even more anti-gun laws because, well, gee, if a CA STATE SENATOR can easily run guns, then anyone else can to, and gun running must be stopped.

Please, SDJ, don't give those maroons any more ideas! :(:ph34r::D

Getting better and better: http://www.latimes.com/local/political/la-me-pc-leland-yee-gun-running-20140326,0,4778453.story#axzz2x88z0cj5

The complaint says Yee described his approach to arms dealing as "agnostic."

“People want to get whatever they want to get. Do I care? No, I don’t care. People need certain things,” Yee allegedly said.

The weapons, the complaint says, were going to be imported through the Port of Newark in New Jersey.

Yee promised that his arms-dealer contact was the "real deal," but it's unclear whether Yee was actually capable of delivering on his alleged promises to procure weapons.

Nevertheless, he discussed potential deals at length with the undercover agent, according to the criminal complaint.

In December, the agent made a $5,000 contribution to Yee’s campaign for secretary of State in hopes of being put in touch with the dealer, according to the complaint.

Later, the agent met with Yee and Keith Jackson, a political consultant, at a San Francisco coffee shop to talk about the potential arrangement.

Yee, the complaint says, told the agent his contact “has things that you guys want” but warned him that this business was not for “the faint of heart.” He talked about a trip to the Philippines where he had “armed guards with machine guns.”

The agent told Yee he wanted up to $2.5-million worth of weapons. After they arrived in Newark, some would be sent to North Africa or Siciliy, the agent said. Yee asked if he wanted automatic or semiautomatic guns, according to the complaint -- the same kind of weapons the senator has sought to restrict.

During a Feb. 25 meeting, Yee said he had to be careful because of a separate case involving Sen. Ron Calderon (D-Montebello), who was wrapped up in a federal bribery sting. But according to the criminal complaint, that didn’t stop him from continuing to discuss a potential weapons deal.

Jackson later told the agent that Yee wanted to use a Daly City resident, Wilson Sy Lim, to help traffic the weapons, according to the complaint. Lim had associates in the Philippines who had access to weapons and needed money in their attempt to overthrow the government, Jackson said.

Conversations continued between Yee and the agent, the complaint says. At one point, Yee allegedly promised to procure weapons equivalent to the M-16 rifle used by U.S. soldiers. The agent also expressed interest in obtaining shoulder-fired rocket launchers.

WELL WELL! Senator Leland Yee. One of the most biggest threats to our Second Amendment rights to us here in California. ARRESTED and INDICTED on charges for "Gun Trafficing" with ties to Chinese Gangsters and public corruption to just name a few. Imagin that!!! :blink:

Tell me it ain't so, that an anti-gun state senator is arrest for gun trafficking

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I believe it was Will Rogers who said, "Our country has the best politicians...that money can buy!" :P

Remember, Yee's fellow travelers (Kevin deLeon, Micheal Bloomberg, John Hickenlooper, George Soros, Andrew Cuomo, Dianne Feinstein, Barry Obama and their ilk) are still out there, with similar aims and a more subtle, sophisticated approach.

Ms. Mo, add two more posts to your Deleted tally. I fortunately self-censored in time. ;)

I just chatted with a Chinese American friend from San Fransisco. My friend and his wife couldn't stop laughing. He said the word up there is the feds will try to "squeeze" him to roll over on more folks. He's 60 years old, what has he got to loose. This is one to watch...............

He'll be nominated by Obama to fill a mid or low level position in the Justice Department and confirmed by executive order during a recess appointment. Wanna bet? Any takers here?

Archived