SASS Wire Forum

what is the value of a NIB unturned colt SAA

Trigger Mike

What good is a NIB gun that's never been checked for mechanical functioning? Suppose the bolt spring is weak or the bolt cuts in the cylinder are too narrow for the bolt and the cylinder will skip past lockup,i.e., the timing is way off. Of course, if, back when Colt's quit making the Second Gen guns, I had thought about it (and had the money), I'd have bought a dozen or so NIB guns at $225 each, and left them in the safe that way... Well, you know... :P

What good is a NIB gun that's never been checked for mechanical functioning? Suppose the bolt spring is weak or the bolt cuts in the cylinder are too narrow for the bolt and the cylinder will skip past lockup,i.e., the timing is way off. Of course, if, back when Colt's quit making the Second Gen guns, I had thought about it (and had the money), I'd have bought a dozen or so NIB guns at $225 each, and left them in the safe that way... Well, you know... :P

I wish back when I was in the army and colt pythons were 500 and my army buddy bought one, that I had bought several. Alas, I was broke. If I had the money then that I have now, I could be rich now, only now the money I have still is too little to buy several pythons so I will not be rich later either.

I wish back when I was in the army and colt pythons were 500 and my army buddy bought one, that I had bought several. Alas, I was broke. If I had the money then that I have now, I could be rich now, only now the money I have still is too little to buy several pythons so I will not be rich later either.

I know that feeling. Really don't like to think back on how many times I have let something get away because of limited funds that would be worth mucho now.

Alas , hindsight is so much more clear than foresight , but much less useful.

Rex :D

Archived