SASS Wire Forum

Oh those tattoos

Loophole, Maine is an open carry state. There is more to this story then known. I have never be bothered, by the Law, when I have had a gun on my person.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

Red, would you take his word, if you went on that call? As one poster stated, I am sure he is a known commodity by the Somerset County S.D. and Maine State Police. I would have check his story out, and i am sure the police did as well. It seems that this winter the law dawgs have not had a sense of humor, up here in the North Woods. Can't blame them as it seems quite a few people have been behaving badly. Seems that there have been more shootings and stabbings then normal. Not on subject, but there seems to be meth labs popping up all over the place as well. So I am sure the law took this guy seriously and gave him a good look over.

Keep your powder dry and you stay safe

Shawnee

Shawnee, I'm just being my usual cynical self ha ha. This is a case though where unless we had some other fact or circumstance that showed he actually had a gun in his waistband while making a threat, which would negate his open carry rights and be leaning towards unlawful display (in WA anyways), we would have to take his word for it and he may have gotten away with something because he had a reasonable explanation, and fooled everyone with his tattoo. ;)

To be clear, I'm not questioning free speech or anything of that nature.

You (he) want to tattoo things on your body that proclaim your questionable beliefs to the world, go right ahead.

Just don't be surprised when you win stupid prizes for playing stupid games.

I'm reminded of an anecdote I read some time ago about a guy waiting in an airport, and across from him was a guy and a girl who were heavily tattooed. Evidently he looked a little too long, and the guy came over to him and very angrily asked if he had a problem with the tattoos. The guy responded something to the effect of "No problem, you got the tattoos to be noticed and looked at didn't you?" The tattooed guy paused, surprised, then kind of smiled and said, "Yes, I guess so," and walked off.

My point being, most people that I know who get ink do so for it to be seen by someone. Do tattoos constitute "speech" in the sense of the First Amendment right? I would say emphatically yes. But, think about that for a second... Speech, by definition expresses thoughts and information. Exactly what information are Nazi and white power tattoos supposed to convey?

I'm reminded of an anecdote I read some time ago about a guy waiting in an airport, and across from him was a guy and a girl who were heavily tattooed. Evidently he looked a little too long, and the guy came over to him and very angrily asked if he had a problem with the tattoos. The guy responded something to the effect of "No problem, you got the tattoos to be noticed and looked at didn't you?" The tattooed guy paused, surprised, then kind of smiled and said, "Yes, I guess so," and walked off.

My point being, most people that I know who get ink do so for it to be seen by someone. Do tattoos constitute "speech" in the sense of the First Amendment right? I would say emphatically yes. But, think about that for a second... Speech, by definition expresses thoughts and information. Exactly what information are Nazi and white power tattoos supposed to convey?

"Look at me! I'm an idiot!"

Nailed it.

Easy shot.

A couple of years back I saw a guy at a gas station in Petaluma, CA. He was wearing a red T-shirt. The shirt was emblazoned on the front with a white roundel on which there was a black fylfot. My thought at the time was, "What an idiot!"

Yup. Couldn't care less what dude believes, he's welcome to it.

But advertising controversy, is asking for trouble.

Glad my simple laugh at a guys gun tattoo that freaked some dudes out became a free speech issue anti-Nazi thread ( of which I am anti-Nazi myself ;) ) ... Funny how these threads morph into other unintended subjects. Classic. :D

GG

Glad my simple laugh at a guys gun tattoo that freaked some dudes out became a free speech issue anti-Nazi thread ( of which I am anti-Nazi myself ;) ) ... Funny how these threads morph into other unintended subjects. Classic. :D

GG

Yeah, kind of fun to watch 'em change, isn't it? Sometimes amazing the twists and turns - you think you're driving to OH and end up in FL instead. Interesting too.

Gunner, I will risk a warning point or two to get this back on track for you.

His mother was on the news last evening, she said since he was a young child, he couldn't keep his hand off his gun.

The girlfriend was on this morning, all he has is a prop gun, it only shoots blanks.

Allie Mo, I will quite posting one liners about this yahoo's gun tat. Besides he might come looking for me.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

Gunner, I will risk a warning point or two to get this back on track for you.

His mother was on the news last evening, she said since he was a young child, he couldn't keep his hand off his gun.

The girlfriend was on this morning, all he has is a prop gun, it only shoots blanks.

Allie Mo, I will quite posting one liners about this yahoo's gun tat. Besides he might come looking for me.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

Nope...as tempting as it is...

just...

nope.

Sometimes amazing the twists and turns - you think you're driving to OH and end up in FL instead. Interesting too.

Nah, that's gonna be tha story of MY life ifn' I follow Cheyenne's directions on how ta git to Ohio...... :wacko::lol::lol: he's already tryin' ta git me lost.....

Archived