SASS Wire Forum

Oh those tattoos

"Police didn't charge him."

What could they have charged him with?

Is Maine so wussy that if you are on YOUR PROPERTY, with a gun, people call the cops and they send out the SWAT team? Man I'm glad I live in Florida.

"Police didn't charge him."

What could they have charged him with?

Is Maine so wussy that if you are on YOUR PROPERTY, with a gun, people call the cops and they send out the SWAT team? Man I'm glad I live in Florida.

I was thinking the same thing. Glad I live in Georgia.

No wassies in Maine except, The ones from away. It is still cold up here, to go outside without ones shirt on, you got to be tough. The cops must have been bored, or a Dunkin Donuts was close by.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

I'm thinkin the white power-esque tattoos on his arm tell a little more of the story.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Police_get_up-close_view_of_man_s_gun_tattoo_.html

Probably not related to this story, but I am sure those tattoos have their own story <_<

GG ~ :FlagAm:

He wanted a reaction from his tattoos. He got one.

Maybe...maybe not

According to the story: "Duff said he doesn’t think Smith went outside with his shirt off deliberately or to make it appear as though he had a gun and scare the workers."

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 22, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 22, 2014 - No reason given

Good thing he did not have a woody, they might have thought it was loaded. If he did pull on the cops, all he would have was a squirt gun. I could not help myself, I could not let those comments go unstated.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Police_get_up-close_view_of_man_s_gun_tattoo_.html

Probably not related to this story, but I am sure those tattoos have their own story <_<

Well, say I'm a man if ethnic persuasion.

A white dude with an iron cross and a Hoheitszeichen (nazi national eagle) comes out shouting at me for doin my job, and I even think there's a chance he actually had a gun in his waistband...

I'm gonna call the cops.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 22, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 22, 2014 - No reason given

Good thing he did not have a woody, they might have thought it was loaded. If he did pull on the cops, all he would have was a squirt gun. I could not help myself, I could not let those comments go unstated.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

Yeah - definately the wrong pistol to point LOL!

GG ~ :D

A white dude with an iron cross and a Hoheitszeichen (nazi national eagle) comes out shouting at me for doin my job, and I even think there's a chance he actually had a gun in his waistband...

I'm gonna call the cops.

Don't recall seeing that as part of this sitaution... If you find info on that please post, but again as stated in the story "Duff said he doesn’t think Smith went outside with his shirt off deliberately or to make it appear as though he had a gun and scare the workers."

Don't recall seeing that as part of this sitaution... If you find info on that please post, but again as stated in the story "Duff said he doesnt think Smith went outside with his shirt off deliberately or to make it appear as though he had a gun and scare the workers."

Pure speculation on my part.

It's just that the kind of people that have tattoos like those all have one thing in common, they talk to the cops a lot.

Pure speculation on my part.

It's just that the kind of people that have tattoos like those all have one thing in common, they talk to the cops a lot.

Now that I don't doubt :lol:

I'm gonna call the cops.

Thank You

The "workers" were probably from Mass.

I was working in Kennebunkport and a woman tourist came up to me - Officer- there is a truck parked down the street with a gun in the window! Parked truck - locked- with single shot shot gun in window rack. I asked - so what's the problem?

Thank You

:mellow: unless there was an ACTUAL threat ...for what? because a person has the freedom to have whatever ink he has (though I or someone may not like it) and he 'might' have a pistol in his waisband while on his own property shouting?

Who's the Gestapo here?

Say your daughter is selling girl scout cookies, as she's starting up the side walk towards a house, a gnarley looking dude comes out of the house with no shirt on and swearing up a storm yelling at her with what looks like a pistol shoved in his waist band.

What then?

:mellow: unless there was an ACTUAL threat ...for what? because a person has the freedom to have whatever ink he has (though I or someone may not like it) and he 'might' have a pistol in his waisband while on his own property shouting?

Who's the Gestapo here?

And if the half naked screaming idiot with nazi tattoos reached behind his back and came up shooting then it would be a little late to call the police wouldn’t it. I would have busted his ass for DC

And if the half naked screaming idiot with nazi tattoos reached behind his back and came up shooting then it would be a little late to call the police wouldnt it. I would have busted his ass for DC

'What if' ?

Uh...That's a whole different story.

Seems the officers had a little bit more information than you have and they made the call that they saw fit

GG

Say your daughter is selling girl scout cookies, as she's starting up the side walk towards a house, a gnarley looking dude comes out of the house with no shirt on and swearing up a storm yelling at her with what looks like a pistol shoved in his waist band.

What then?

Boy there sure is a lot of imagination going on here in this thread. Too funny.

GG

If a Girl Scout went to his door my question would be, why are her parents allowing her to go to a strangers door selling cookies?

I have gotten a tad miffed with the power companies tree trim crews. More like tree butchering then pruning. And they do make a lot of noise, this guy worked nights and wanted to sleep. If someone was making noise while you were sleeping, what would be your reaction? As far as his nazi tats, is that what one base what this dude is about? I know of a few cops that have nazi or white power tattoos. Tats aren't my cup of tea, but to each his own. Also if one thinks I am defending this guys nazi tattoos, there are two things I don't collect, nazi and New York Yankee memorabilia .

But back to the one liners; his girl friend was on the local news, she said he only has a single shot gun and takes forever to reload. I have more but Allie Mo, might give me a warning. So I won't temp fate.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

And if the half naked screaming idiot with nazi tattoos reached behind his back and came up shooting then it would be a little late to call the police wouldn’t it. I would have busted his ass for DC

And ask for the name of his parole officer. Some of those a 'prison-tats' to show 'rank'.

LG

If a Girl Scout went to his door my question would be, why are her parents allowing her to go to a strangers door selling cookies?

I have gotten a tad miffed with the power companies tree trim crews. More like tree butchering then pruning. And they do make a lot of noise, this guy worked nights and wanted to sleep. If someone was making noise while you were sleeping, what would be your reaction? As far as his nazi tats, is that what one base what this dude is about? I know of a few cops that have nazi or white power tattoos. Tats aren't my cup of tea, but to each his own. Also if one thinks I am defending this guys nazi tattoos, there are two things I don't collect, nazi and New York Yankee memorabilia .

But back to the one liners; his girl friend was on the local news, she said he only has a single shot gun and takes forever to reload. I have more but Allie Mo, might give me a warning. So I won't temp fate.

Keep your powder dry

Shawnee

Fair assessment ;)

GG

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he's not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.

No, it looks like a tattoo of a gun.

Now here I get confused:

Police didn't charge him.

Smith reportedly said that he does not regret getting the life-size handgun tattoo and recalled a time he was arrested once on a warrant for an unpaid fine.

"I said, 'Yeah, I got this gun on me all the time. It's tattooed on,'" he told the arresting officer.

So, was he arrested or not? If so, on what charge?

To be clear, I'm not questioning free speech or anything of that nature.

You (he) want to tattoo things on your body that proclaim your questionable beliefs to the world, go right ahead.

Just don't be surprised when you win stupid prizes for playing stupid games.

No, it looks like a tattoo of a gun.

Now here I get confused:

So, was he arrested or not? If so, on what charge?

This time, he was not arrested.

The quote indicated a different incident, when he was arrested.

I am a CPL Instructor.

I know here in Michigan we have no laws against Open carry :)

So Maybe he should get the worlds CCW tattooed on his body . :P

Problem salved :lol:

Ooooorrrr he really did have a gun in his waist band when he came outside and yelled, but then when he got contacted by police he went "Gun? Oh no officer he must have seen my tattoo." and since he has the tattoo and his story seemed plausible he got let go.... ;)

Red, would you take his word, if you went on that call? As one poster stated, I am sure he is a known commodity by the Somerset County S.D. and Maine State Police. I would have check his story out, and i am sure the police did as well. It seems that this winter the law dawgs have not had a sense of humor, up here in the North Woods. Can't blame them as it seems quite a few people have been behaving badly. Seems that there have been more shootings and stabbings then normal. Not on subject, but there seems to be meth labs popping up all over the place as well. So I am sure the law took this guy seriously and gave him a good look over.

Keep your powder dry and you stay safe

Shawnee

The "workers" were probably from Mass.

Really, Jimmy???

Last time I checked, no MA State Police Troopers were surrounding a guy's house in MA over a tattoo...... :wacko:

Of course, they did surround the Burlington Mall a couple of years ago after a report of a "man with a rifle" - turned out to be an umbrella in a knapsack.....

There are touchy, ignorant and scared folks everywhere.

Maine is, I believe, an open carry state. MA is not. Even with a concealed carry permit, a MA resident with a visible real gun in his waistband can be arrested, even in his front yard. But we draw the line short of tattoos.....

LL

Archived