SASS Wire Forum

WTB Non SASS .30 Carbine brass

Well,

I picked up a nice little Kahr Arms M1 Carbine for myself. Made the mistake of letting my daughter Kaya shoot it. To say she liked it would be an understatement. Now I need to reload for it to afford to shoot it like we want. I am having problems finding brass for it. Found all the other componants and plenty of mags. I have some brass but not enough for a good session at the cabin! I am looking on other forums and auctions and seeing some but the prices are way above what they should be. I'm not cheap mind you, but I AM some frugal! LOL

PM me and let me know what you would part with.

Will gladly pay and I also have some .460 S&W and .500 S&W to trade off.

Thanks for looking,

Slim

Slim I was having the same problem. Then I found this http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-603

I'm looking to get another box so I have it on hand. Them I know I have plenty of brass. I also got a good deal from midway a few months back on 110gr FMJ for the 30 carbine Watching for the hornedy ones to come back out of jacketed lead rounds. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/222789/hornady-bullets-30-carbine-308-diameter-100-grain-short-jacket-box-of-100?cm_vc=ProductFinding

They function very well in my rock island m1

Guest Max Morgan, SASS 41265

howdy,

i suggest visiting gun shows assuming your area has them. i am in north east texas for the winter and there are gun shows nearly every weekend. i have seen 30 cal carbine

brass at most of them.

a sass member, lead ringer, had some a while back -- i got some from him. he might have more.

there are many sources one just has to hunt them down. do you have a "cheaper than dirt" store in your area? if not, they might do internet sales.

i have an old military carbine and would like another. is that kahr carbine an accurate replica of the military carbine? where did you get yours? how much?

if your efforts fail, i could get some for you at the next gun show that has some. that could take a few weeks. next weekend there are two smaller gun shows. the weekend of the 29th there is a bigger one in dallas, tx. how many would you like? what would be the limit regarding how much would you pay? i don't recall what it is going for. i could get some and mail it to you.

let me know. max morgan, sass 41265 aka clarence magnuson dds. cmwistex@gmail.com

btw, i spend the summers in northern wisconsin near eau claire.

Guest Max Morgan, SASS 41265

hello again,

white buffalo is telling us about ammo, not brass. that is quite a bargain at about 36 cents a round. ammo is often about twice that. i had expected just the brass to cost that.

of course that's plus shipping. something to think about since i don't know what the brass is going for. i reckon one could google it to find the brass dealers online and get the

prices. i'd look into the 100 grain half jacketed bullets too.

so, all good news for you.

max

Thanks guys!

To answer some questions first.

Tha Kahr Arms is a replica of a 1942 version of the carbine. No bayonet lug, flash hider or such. Has the button safety rather than the later lever. Didn't take long to find out why they changed it. Went to click off the safety and dropped the mag! Would be BAD BAD BAD in combat!

Picked it up at a local shop for $600.00. Was used, never fired and came with five mags.

Thanks for the ammo link. Not a bad price for it and I can't believe they have it. I will probably order a box just for the reloadable brass.

Thanks for the offer of picking some up. I wouldn't want to have you do that. If someone has some laying around unused, that would be better. A local shop had some for 0.12 a case but when I went to get, it was gone ten minutes before I got there. I passed the guy in the parking lot pulling in. If I could find a deal like that I would try to get 500 or so. The local gun shows here are more like flea markets. Lot's of jerky, knives and trinkets. Oh, and AR15 parts. Not much else to see and I don't think I will waste my money getting in. Maybe the big Indy show next time.

Mark

hello again,

white buffalo is telling us about ammo, not brass. that is quite a bargain at about 36 cents a round. ammo is often about twice that. i had expected just the brass to cost that.

of course that's plus shipping. something to think about since i don't know what the brass is going for. i reckon one could google it to find the brass dealers online and get the

prices. i'd look into the 100 grain half jacketed bullets too.

so, all good news for you.

max

Not bad at all. I have a bunch of FMJ and I cast a gas checked 120 grain RN out of a hard lino alloy that shoots really well too. But for a price like that on the the half jackets, I am going to get a couple hundred as soon as momma forgets about the Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt, and Natchez orders this week............

EDIT: All sources of online brass are about dry. Hoping that changes soon. About the time .22 LR gets plentiful again maybe.

Thank you all very much! Now we can shoot a bunch. I appreciate the responses and the generosity. My daughter fell in love with that gun. "My 10-22 on steroids!!!" Might have to buy me one..... :blink: I thought I did........

Hello fellers, I just checked out the price on the 30 cal ammo at CTD and it comes to .40 cents a round with shipping if you get 500 rds, that's $200 total for 500 in new brass.

According to my calc calku calcyul? cyferin, my reloads are running $0.105/round. When prices come down, maybe I'll buy some but not quite yet. I did trade some .44 ammo for some to get the brass I have now. Now if I could just get that .44 mag brass back.

Again, a huge thanks to all who came to my aid!

Mark

Archived