SASS Wire Forum

Old School Matches

DanceswithPitBulls

While I don't disagree with most of what you say I have a different opinion about adding a little extra thinking on a stage. "Anybody" can shoot here, move there and shoot and then move there and shoot. But, I think adding a little extra, like flipping a card to determine shooting sequence, on the clock, doesn't create a disadvantage but in fact, creates a better overall competitor. One who shoot AND think under stress.

Fillmore

Gotta agree with Creeker here. You can't have different matches scored as one.

And for all you that think ya need more "Thinking", I take it you NEVER have "P's" at these new non-thinking kind of matches. Kinda reminds me of folks that want to "Make" us better shooters by putting small/far targets out there.

Phantom

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be clear, I never meant to imply that it was my intention, nor should it be any match directors intention, to "create" any type of shooter. I meant that it just might be the result of a certain type of training regimen or experience.

As far as shooting the same match, weather alone or the time of day in a certain area, assures that few people shoot the exact same match.

Fillmore

Archived