SASS Wire Forum

more puter woes! won't hook up! now it's locked up!

When is the match? If it is this weekend or the next my wife and I have training classes,

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this weekend,,,,,where yu at in fl

Orlando, right by the airport. I guess that I should fill out my profile info if I am going to post and not just lurk.

so yura weewahootie! shot there at the last stand for many years, moss lake park is great for camping and such....

Actually don't belong to any local clubs. I haven't shoot for several years do to some health issues, but they are cleared up and I am looking at getting back into it. I have been lurking on the boards for a long time.

bummer, nothing like the real thing!!

at least git out and visit the shoot, Cyrpess Sam is running it now, yude enjoy it.

Have class all weekend from like 6:45AM-8PM. Will get out soon. I have shot a few times at the range in the past years, so I have keep up some skills.

UNO, I tried that and now it is locked up! ugh!

Hey Purdy Boy....I looked a little at your problem at the Microsoft help link that Uno Mas posted and if you go to the 3rd page in that thread you'll find a post from a user named Mobilekoala. If you read on to the end of the thread it looks like his solution seemed to work for several people. The registry edit that the Microsoft guy proposed didn't seem to work for anyone.

If you can get your Vista to boot in the regular mode (don't worry about whether it can hook to the internet, just start it up) you should try the fix proposed by the user....I lifted it from his post.

"I know this might be an older issue, but for anyone still experiencing problems the way I fixed this was to reset my (TCP/IP) Protocol. To do this You Run Command Prompt as an administrator. And in the command line type:

netsh winsock reset

and then reboot the computer."

I don't know if you can run the Command Prompt (DOS prompt) as an administrator in the Safe mode but you should be able to run it in the regular boot mode.

Kajun

once I try to start it, it goes to a blank page after trying to start it in any of the modes....

Weewhahootie is the shooter that was the head of the The Last Stand Committee, the FL state shoot.... :P

I dunt like changing putters, or systems, much less THAT big of a change!!! besides, that wud cost $$,

:o;);) ;)

hmmmmmm tawk?

hah, like u dint unnerstand! :o:o:P:P

yea :(:( :( :P

yea I knoze,,,, less I cud git him to draw........ I'm a pretty gud artist!

Did you try the Ubuntu/Linux Live CD yet? I don't like change either but that might at least get you back into your laptop and is a far cheaper/better solution that Apple

not yet,,,, after the weekend,,,, or maybe tonite if I have a disc around here...

ok, no new discs, can I scrub an old one to do it?

dun mine already!

no!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived