SASS Wire Forum

How Can This BE?

Subdeacon Joe

We all know that honest citizens can't defend themselves with guns! Guns just get taken away from them.

http://gunsnfreedom.com/for-the-5th-time-in-14-days-a-detroit-intruder-is-killed-by-armed-homeowner/

In January, Detroit Police Chief James Craig said criminals would think twice if more citizens were armed.

“When we look at the good community members who have concealed weapons permits, the likelihood they’ll shoot is based on a lack of confidence in this Police Department,” Craig said at a press conference.

Unlike most big-city police officials, Craig said he began believing that legal gun owners can deter crime when he became police chief in Portland, Maine, in 2009.

“Coming from California” — where he served on the LAPD for 28 years — “where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation.

“I changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in America. Clearly, suspects knew that good Americans were armed.”

Of course, the "reporter" had to add:

No scientific research supports the argument that armed citizens deter crime.

Of course, there is no "scientific research" that shows legally armed citizen increase crime.

Archived