SASS Wire Forum

Katie Scarlet Update

Doc Hurd #12379

Katie called this evening. She's home from the hospital and glad of it. She's looking forward to a good nights sleep without being woke by nurses every few hours.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

My beautiful bride recommends you get her a walking stick.

Using a cane makes rising from a seat much easier.

Hers is the voice of experience; as a nurse I passed her advice along to a number of patients who'd had an abdominal surgery, and it does help.

My beautiful bride recommends you get her a walking stick.

Using a cane makes rising from a seat much easier.

Hers is the voice of experience; as a nurse I passed her advice along to a number of patients who'd had an abdominal surgery, and it does help.

Oh, I don't think you've gotta worry about that....Katie's carried a big stick as long as I've known her! :P Ain't that right Doc!

Katie posted this update on her facebook page around 10 last night .

Hello everyone. I am doing good. Had the two inch mass removed two weeks ago today. Have had a few rough moments, really well others. This past Tuesday went to Dr. Chapman for first follow up. I survived that trip to St. Louis. It was questionable for about 24 hours. The surgery was much more than I though. Recovery is hard. I am down to one bile drain still in place and we were packing incision until Wednesday then vacuum wound pump was added. That is great thing! Today healing had improved greatly. I have finished some medication and that has made it so I can eat a little. I am very Thankful for family, friends and cowboy family. I have needed every prayer you sent. I am doing each any every the thing just way the Doctor says. He is very pleased at my progress. I will be back to living my life in a few more weeks.

Thank you everyone! Your support has been wonderful. Still planning US Open to shoot.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Way to go, Katie!!!!

Archived