SASS Wire Forum

A little Q & A - of late

Misty Moonshine

Misty, this is, quite possibly, the best thing SASS could have done for its members (alright, some folks prefer the term "customers", but I think "members" makes the relationship more personal.).

I cannot express the importance of making sure that we have your updated email address on file at SASS HQ. If you didn’t receive the digital Cowboy Chronicle yesterday via email, or my open letter via email- that means we don’t have your email on file.

5. Without the printed Cowboy Chronicle delivered to my door, what do I get for paying my dues?

In addition to those things above, being a SASS member also has some other perks:

• SASS member Travel Benefits on Rental cars, including discounts, coupons, and special offers from Avis, Alamo, Hertz, and National Rent-a-car
  • SASS Travel Benefits on Lodging from Howard Johnson, Wingate Inn, Ramada, AmeriHost Inn, Days Inn, Travelodge, Knights Inn, and Villager
  • Free coverage with Everybody Safe for SASS Members
  • Enrollment in our FREE Prescription Discount Program just for SASS Members
  • Exclusive offers for SASS members on shooting & leisure events nationwide

Our Membership Team at SASS is always on the lookout for great new opportunities and services for our members, and the benefits will continue to grow.

Misty:

Well, maybe or maybe not. I just found out about this when I logged in today and saw your post. Never received a letter, nor an email from SASS. So, I logged in to the Member's Only website to see what email address you had on file for me, and found that it's the correct one (same one that I've been using for years). So I'm not sure that you're sending to all members, or else perhaps the emails are being screened out by service providers as possible spam.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see the list of member discounts listed in your post. Had never heard of them. I remember the old SASS credit card, but had not seen any of these, nor can I locate any information about these discounts on the Members website. Which raises the question of how do we access these discounts?

Sounds like you're doing the right thing coming on to post this here, as multiple forms of communication may be needed to ensure that the word gets out to all the members. Thanks for what you are doing, and keep up the good work!

Well dang, my youngest will only be 38, the 2 others are already over 40 :(

I imagine we will be able to see the Balance Sheet as of the day they create and capitalize the new non-profit corporation.

It is their corporation until that date.

Great post, Misty. I think it helps folks to understand all the facts, it helps to alleviate fear and loathing. Knowledge is power and SASS memebers having this power will only help to grow and strengthen SASS; to keep our sport that we love alive and kicking.

Misty,

Great information about what is going on. I agree with a lot of folks that we have been in the dark way to long and it will be nice to see the light. As with any company if you are not growing then you have to look at changes to put new life into the company. Sounds like SASS is heading that way. My concern is we are sitting at 100,000+ badge numbers but only 32,000 active members. How do we get these people to return.

Good luck and I hope to meet you down the trail.

Misty,

Great information about what is going on. I agree with a lot of folks that we have been in the dark way to long and it will be nice to see the light. As with any company if you are not growing then you have to look at changes to put new life into the company. Sounds like SASS is heading that way. My concern is we are sitting at 100,000+ badge numbers but only 32,000 active members. How do we get these people to return.

Good luck and I hope to meet you down the trail.

I think what a lot of folks miss with the 100k plus badge numbers and the 32k actual dues paying members is that short of a resurrection many of these members won't be back. Sadly our sport is growing grayer and grayer and we'll continue to lose members due to their passing. The onus is on SASS and each active SASS member to bring new shooters, young and old into the sport, IMHO of course.

Thanks Again, Misty.........I understand the difficulty of explaining information to people........Great Job..........there will always be critics and you can't please everyone....SASS is a big part of my life and i wish i lived closer to attend more shoots at Founders Ranch......i consider my SASS friends to be the very best Pards a guy can have...........Happy 40th...I wish i could be down there to help you celebrate your birth day.............Hope to see Y'all real soon......God Bless................Tuco.

Archived