SASS Wire Forum

No more printed copies of the Cowboy Chronicle

Wasatch Lawman

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Misty, thanks for the enlightning email/letter. About a week late in my opinion. Could of saved a lot emotional posts in this thread.

I truely appreciatte tranparency in dealings. Been a goverment worker for many years, so I know what it is like to be a mushroom. You know the story "Kept in the dark and fed a bunch of bull****."

Did'nt mean to insight a riot when I started this thread, just to pass on what I had read to see what others thought.

Thanks again,

Wasatch

Just got my email from Misty a few hours ago. I had no idea what was going on. Yes I agree us members were in the dark about this. I wish I knew this months ago so I didnt send all my old copies of the Cowboy Chronicle to the recycling can!!

I for one am happy with digital issue.

No more old copies laying around.

No more cleaning out a box with several years of them in it.

I can take it with me anywhere.

I can have back issues with me.

Somebody wants a copy I can email them the PDF right from my iPad. Already did it today.

Way I see it. It is a win.

If you have not checked out The National Rifleman online version you have missed out. The links, graphics, videos and interactive features are great. It is the best online publication in the gun industry I have seen.

Too bad, but that's life...

Our chronicles are now collectors!

Jef

I'm kinda chuckling at this, but only because this conversation is in an online digital forum and i love the irony of that. I get my CC via email, which I'm fine with.I'm personally waiting for the day when I stop getting paper mail all together, but I do get why people like the hard copy too.

Howdy,

"Try it, you'll like it." It is different and will take sometime to get adjusted. I definately prefer downloading & viewing the PDF version instead of viewing the online version. With a laptop it is totally portable anywhere in & around the house or on the road. I'll bet there was a similar problem when ammo manufacturers changed from black powder to smokeless. :)

Hasta Luego, Keystone

I just paged through the electronic version of the Cowboy Chronicles and one thing came to mind. If it's going to be digital, then it can be formated much better than a paper layout. It could be in a shape and size to view on a screen - even dynamic in formatting. It could include links, picture albums, links to videos, etc.

Absolutely concur. Currently, it is an online version of the printed Chronicle.I look forward to an experienced editor spending some time on this.

Misty,

I look forward to the day when SASS is a non-profit, then, as a MEMBER, I will get to see the extent of the finances involved in the operational costs of SASS. Until such time, I am a customer. And that means I have higher expectations.

I'm sorry, but your posting on the wire came waaaaay to late. I think this, and it doesn't reflect on you personally but the WB in general, demonstrates that SASS has horrible communication skills with their customers. A move like this, especially when absolutely necessary, should have been detailed to us with a minimum six-month lead time. And the continuity of the message as presented lacks...well....continuity. Is it $35, or is it $25?

I know costs keep going up. I was in the travel and leisure industry for 30-years and know how/why people choose to spend their discretionary income. I've organized and ran large conventions and offered my services for free years ago to the WB. And received not even a note of "Thanks, but no thanks." As a non-profit SASS might be more open to using that volunteer labor.

It's much easier, and less shocking to your customers, to have small regular increases in rates. Raise annual customer fees by $5 each year until everything is covered. Did the WB ever do a customer survey to "test the waters" to see what your customers would accept?

And lastly, I still haven't received an email with notification or link to the PDF. So......

EC

Hello Folks,

I'm relatively sure Misty and the WB do not read every Wire post. So, If you want to ensure that your message reaches one of them, please use the contact information on the following page. http://www.sassnet.com/Contact-Us-001A.php

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived