SASS Wire Forum

Best Wishes to Our Friend Philly Slim

Those of you that frequent the wire know a lot of us poke fun at our bud Philly Slim. He is absolutely one of the nicest guys you will meet at any Cowboy match. Philly had a bad fall at Winter Range this morning and it looks like he broke his knee.

Philly, best wishes for a speedy recover from all your friends!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prayers up for a fast and complete healing for Philly.

Best Wishes for a full & speedy recovery.

Thanks again for all your support of or great sport.

its a trick -- so he can get a trick knee replacement (bi-on-ic / action job) one

he knows its ment in gud humor :P , I hope he is on good meds when he read it just in case

I hope ya have a speedy recovery my friend ;)

I have told the boy a hundred times that he has to get older before he can "prance".

As soon as he gets away from my expert tutelage he trys to go out on his own.....

See what happens when you don't listen to your elders?

I got his cell number in my phone, tempted to give him a call, but suspect on the meds he wouldn't be coherent. Not that it would be much of a change from normal....

:D

Philly,

Sorry to hear about your accident. God bless you with a speedy recovery.

Pain

I was about 10 yards away from him when he went down at "coosies lake" during the mid day rain storm. We had about 10-12 police, emts respond to him. Finally an ambulance showed up after about 40-45 minutes and he was taken to the hospital. He was a great posse member and we all wished he had finished the day and walked off the range.

yup

10-12 police and emts, thats about the right ratio to handle that thar feller

keep the drip button handy buddy

we hope to see on back out shootin again real soon, so lay of the keeeesh, it make for week nees

:D:D:D

a few vacation days, lots of tv shows on the western channel, and he will become un stoppable on the range

hint "dry fire at the bad guys while watchin all the westerns and restin up"

GET WELL SOON!

Guest Philly2

Thanks for all the nice words my friends, I really do appreciate them. As you can see by the temp username the drugs are definitely working. Had to create a new account because I can't remember my old password. (No Lumpy, there aren't two of me.).

Just for the record I didn't even get to fire a shot on day three. First stage, first shooter I was running the timer. As we were running from shooting position 1 to position 2 my right foot slipped. I fell flat on my back with my left foot under me. Patellar tendon is ruptured. Surgery will be Monday or Tuesday and I start getting ready for Winter Range 2015 the next day.

HUGE thank you to my posse members, the great staff at Winter Range and the wonderful EMTs. Everybody's quick actions and genuine concern made a horrible situation tolerable. I'll see you all on the range very soon.

Good to get an update from you Philly.

I get the idea that you went down in water, how many people, animals and towns were swamped by the resulting tidal wave?

Prayers and best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

Grizz

Good to get an update from you Philly.

I get the idea that you went down in water, how many people, animals and towns were swamped by the resulting tidal wave?

Prayers and best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

Grizz

something most folks dont know about our friend Philly Silm,,,,his very large shoulders can be used as a floatation device in case of an emergency

;)

Yayyyyyy. Thank you Allie Mo, I'm my old self again.

No Dave, no puddles when I first hit the ground. But wouldn't you know it, that's the exact moment the skies opened up and it began to pour. I didn't get a chance to look but I hear there's a second Grand Canyon now in the exact spot I fell. I think it's just a coincidence.

Did not get a chance to say , it was great shooting with you. We named it Slim canyon and we also heard that there was a small seismic event near winter range yesterday around 1105! Take care we are praying for you that the surgery goes well and you are back to 100% soon, take care. Colt

in our early practice days together going over the important aspects of cowboy action shooting

I specificly remimber shareing with you,,,,, how important it is as a timer operator to do your morning streches and warm up exercises

for this very reason

I can not tell a lie,

it werent really like that,

but folks it is important for the shooter to streach before the first stage.....timer too, now that we have a test dummy

hang in there area 51 pard, the green goo from work will help in the recovery mode

geeeeese

1. well, during re-hab, the girls will be more likely to hugg ya
  2. your knee will throb, when its hurting
  3. kicking the dog has a hole new meaning for a while
  4. etc

post script

when I was younger and faster in CAS,

I actually did small streaches ahead of time,

if nothing else, I found that I was much less sore the next two following days, ,

not sure that would have prevented what PHilly Slim had happen, but I am sure that he may agree

that it is worth a try

Wish you a speedy recovery, now if you would quit lifting them heavy weights and shrink down to a normal size man, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad, on the other hand lifting them heavy weights maybe it was a blessing with all that muscle you have, will never know, just glad it wasn't more serious, have fun on them meds.

All for now JD Trampas ( who quit many years ago lifting and shrunk down to a wimp size )

Archived