SASS Wire Forum

Comancheria Days 2014 - Stieler Ranch, TX

Shooting Iron Miller

Have you checked your calendar lately? That’s right; it’s only 40 more days until Comancheria Days 2014! What, you haven’t signed up yet? I know you’ve been thinking about it lately, so why not visit our website, download the registration form, fill it out and turn it in? It’s that simple. www.texicanrangers.org

We have lots in store for the event this year and it marks a very special time for the Texican Rangers. We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary as a Cowboy Action Shooting club, and we’d love for you to be a part of it. I think this club is really special. Since I started shooting here I’ve always felt welcome (and not just because I’m Sheriff Robert Love’s better half). Everyone is friendly and more than willing to help. In fact, on several occasions seasoned shooters have come up to me to give me pointers, letting me know if I make a slight change in the way I move or the way I pull a gun, I stand a pretty good chance of improving my time. By the same token, and thankfully so, they tell me when I’m doing something in an unsafe manner, and I really do appreciate it. That’s what good shooters do. Even though this club has some really competitive shooters, it’s still a club that exudes a friendly atmosphere and down-home feeling.

Here are some special features being offered this year at Comancheria Days 2014:

• RO I and RO II classes will be available on Wednesday, April 9. Dusty Lonestar will be teaching the classes. Let us know if you are interested and we’ll put your name on the list.
  • Thursday morning we’ll have 3 Wild Bunch Stages and Long Range available for all who are interested. The Wild Bunch posse is lookin’ real good so be sure to get your name included if you have a hankerin’ to shoot 1911’s. And don’t put that 1911 away because on Friday afternoon you’ll have a real neat opportunity to shoot it from Blazing Saddles. that’ll be a real hoot, I guarantee it!
  • Each main match posse will have a chance to compete for the “fastest” posse honors on Friday and Saturday after finishing stages 1 – 5. We’ll have hanging timbers just waiting to be split in record time, so come prepared with additional ammo.
  • This year shooters will be able to purchase misses and procedural tickets during Comancheria Days. You can buy up to 2 misses and 1 procedural ticket per day for the Main Match on Friday and Saturday. Each miss ticket will be $5.00 each and each procedural ticket will be $10.00 each.
  • We have lots of shooter prizes to give away during the Friday night covered dish supper, held at the ranch under the trees, where the picnic tables are located. Shooter costume awards will be announced as well, along with our side match winners.
  • The Saturday banquet will be held at the Gillespie County Farm Bureau. This is an event you won’t want to miss. We have lots of prizes to give out including several guns, gift certificates, a Dillon 650 and much, much more!

Feel free to contact me with questions or comments – Shooting Iron Miller – at a_fite@sbcglobal.net. I would love to hear from you.

Sent mine in today. Can't wait!

Archived