SASS Wire Forum

solution to the unsure if a hit or not

Trigger Mike

I found the solution to the problem of spotters not being sure if you hit the target or not when it glances off or is too light a load and makes a slight sound or only slight movement. It is a 45LC 325 grain load

http://www.cabelas.com/product/HSM-Bear-Load-Handgun-Ammunition/1214149.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dgovernor%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D13%26y%3D9&Ntt=governor&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Cool, but I have always been told:

If you think it it's a miss, then it's a hit.

If you think it it's a hit, then it's a hit.

If you KNOW with 100% certainty that it's a miss then it's a miss.

Shooter gets benefit of the doubt.

sad thing is, way too many spotters don't understand how to spot! nuff sed!

I don't mind being the only one saying clean or less than the others, except that I know that they are wrong, and the shooter is getting short-changed!

I got called for three misses on one of the stages we shot a while back. I forgave them for they know not what they do.

Checked the video of that stage.............three misses MY BUTT!!!!!!!!!!! :o:P

^^this^^

I found the solution to the problem of spotters not being sure if you hit the target or not when it glances off or is too light a load and makes a slight sound or only slight movement. It is a 45LC 325 grain load

http://www.cabelas.com/product/HSM-Bear-Load-Handgun-Ammunition/1214149.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dgovernor%26WTz_l%3DHeader%3BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D13%26y%3D9&Ntt=governor&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Makes my 250 grainers look small.

Spotted for a cowpoke. Watching the first target I heard the BEEP. Still watching. Still watching. I look at the Shooter to see what his gun problem was. He was shooting! Loads so lite that I couldn't hear the report, no target clang or target movement. That cowpoke could have some of those 325s.

Spotters especially tend to call misses on us BP shooters because they can't see the targets standing in back of the shooter. Stand to the side if yer spotting for BP shooters please. Also I have to mention that sometimes we get the advantage cause the spotters are so confused by the smoke and boom that they can't see or hear!!! What a riot! :lol: I love to cause havoc! :ph34r:

Rye

That's about the first instruction I received when I shot in my first match.

I volunteer to spot as much as I can. It give me a good opportunity to rehearse the stage. Some shoot loads so light I tend to watch for a bullet to drop off the target as it's hard to hear the ring or see the target move.

Spotters especially tend to call misses on us BP shooters because they can't see the targets standing in back of the shooter. Stand to the side if yer spotting for BP shooters please. Also I have to mention that sometimes we get the advantage cause the spotters are so confused by the smoke and boom that they can't see or hear!!! What a riot! :lol: I love to cause havoc! :ph34r:

Rye

And then you hear, "I didn't hear the clang. It is a miss."

I was TO ing for Rye at MI one year, the stage was a new one with dirt clods everywhere among the targets, no grass what so ever, looking over his shoulder, (not hard to do,, sorry, cuddn't resist,) I saw him hit evry target! now his loads are stout and the ring is often hidden by the report, spotters (two were his "friends") called him for 3 misses. Dumbfounded, I looked at them and asked if they saw any dirt fly, "No, but we didn't hear any hits either, 3" was their reply.

Later in the match, I blistered a stage and missed one or three, can't remember and Rye called me for 3 or whatever, disgusted with myself I looked over my shoulder at Rye, his response,

"hey, you missed them, not me!"

luv ya man!

I was TO ing for Rye at MI one year, the stage was a new one with dirt clods everywhere among the targets, no grass what so ever, looking over his shoulder, (not hard to do,, sorry, cuddn't resist,) I saw him hit evry target! now his loads are stout and the ring is often hidden by the report, spotters (two were his "friends") called him for 3 misses. Dumbfounded, I looked at them and asked if they saw any dirt fly, "No, but we didn't hear any hits either, 3" was their reply.

Later in the match, I blistered a stage and missed one or three, can't remember and Rye called me for 3 or whatever, disgusted with myself I looked over my shoulder at Rye, his response,

"hey, you missed them, not me!"

luv ya man!

:) I remember that well!!! :lol:

Archived