SASS Wire Forum

Confiscation Letters Mailed in CT

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=11186

Gun confiscations is one step closer in Connecticut. The mainstream media spins it as “one more chance” for non-compliant gun owners who failed to register their scary guns before the January 1 deadline.

In reality, these letters - 106 to rifle owners, and 108 more to residents with standard capacity magazines – are the first step in the Connecticut State Police beginning to round up guns arbitrarily made illegal last year in that state. These guns include America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, which include the standard capacity magazines made for that America’s favorite rifle.

Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

How long will it be before there is bloodshed over this law? We’re not sure, but we’re confident it is coming unless the law is rescinded or struck down by the courts.

Mike Vanderboegh of the edgy Sipsey Street Irregulars released an open letter a couple of weeks ago, warning of what’s coming to Connecticut. The Connecticut State Police aren’t listening. Yet.

We suspect attitudes may change after the first few rounds of bloodshed.

As it stands right now, the best estimates are that 4% of newly-regulated guns and magazines in The Nutmeg State have been registered, leaving a hundred thousand or more newly classified potential felons looking over their shoulder.

Editor’s note: We’re not going to link to the article because they are hiding most of the content behind a paywall and we won’t drive thousands of readers to their website.

One more chance for gun owners

Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 3:35 pm | Updated: 3:36 pm, Mon Feb 24, 2014.

Manchester, CT (Journal Inquirer)
– When state officials decided to accept some gun registrations and magazine declarations that arrived after a Jan. 4 deadline, they also had to deal with those applications that didn’t make the cut.

The state now holds signed and notarized letters saying those late applicants own rifles and magazines illegally.

But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines.

It may well be the second "shot heard 'round the world". Let us know if/when you folks need conscripts. The first time John Stark led 1500 New Hampshire patriots over the Molly Stark trail to stem the British at the Battle of Bennington in Vermont.

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils"

John Stark

I had not seen the letter before. There's a great quote in there:

WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE.

The Second Amendment is written in simple language. It's too bad that some of our elected officials have a comprehension problem.

Laz

When are these "people" going to realize that a pen will not keep us from our freedom?

I hate to say this boys, but it's commin' to a scrap, and blood will be shed.

I'm an "old "man, no kids, no family, really nothin' to loose, I be their worst enemy. Reminds me of the Bashido code.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=11186

Gun confiscations is one step closer in Connecticut. The mainstream media spins it as “one more chance” for non-compliant gun owners who failed to register their scary guns before the January 1 deadline.

In reality, these letters - 106 to rifle owners, and 108 more to residents with standard capacity magazines – are the first step in the Connecticut State Police beginning to round up guns arbitrarily made illegal last year in that state. These guns include America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, which include the standard capacity magazines made for that America’s favorite rifle.

Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

How long will it be before there is bloodshed over this law? We’re not sure, but we’re confident it is coming unless the law is rescinded or struck down by the courts.

Mike Vanderboegh of the edgy Sipsey Street Irregulars released an open letter a couple of weeks ago, warning of what’s coming to Connecticut. The Connecticut State Police aren’t listening. Yet.

We suspect attitudes may change after the first few rounds of bloodshed.

As it stands right now, the best estimates are that 4% of newly-regulated guns and magazines in The Nutmeg State have been registered, leaving a hundred thousand or more newly classified potential felons looking over their shoulder.

Editor’s note: We’re not going to link to the article because they are hiding most of the content behind a paywall and we won’t drive thousands of readers to their website.

One more chance for gun owners

Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 3:35 pm | Updated: 3:36 pm, Mon Feb 24, 2014.

Manchester, CT (Journal Inquirer) – When state officials decided to accept some gun registrations and magazine declarations that arrived after a Jan. 4 deadline, they also had to deal with those applications that didn’t make the cut.

The state now holds signed and notarized letters saying those late applicants own rifles and magazines illegally.

But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines.

If the state knows they have them, why do they need to be registered?

If they are not registered..........how does the state know they have them?

When are these "people" going to realize that a pen will not keep us from our freedom?

I hate to say this boys, but it's commin' to a scrap, and blood will be shed.

I'm an "old "man, no kids, no family, really nothin' to loose, I be their worst enemy. Reminds me of the Bashido code.

You are not alone brother! Two of us is the beginning of an army.

this topic brings up some very interesting questions. How does the state find out who has these guns and clips.When a gun shop goes out of business the sales records must go to the burrow tobacco and firearms. They can send the burrow to anyone that has an FFL to look through sales records any time they would like .Many of those guns come with a standard clip witch would let them know what clip came with the gun buy the model. Now the words democracy and constitution. They do not fit together. An article in the cowboy chronicle in the past by a gentleman that went through our military academy explained he was taught that this country is a republic guided buy a constitution not a democracy. I liked when voting was mentioned .For many years I have heard the better of too evils used when voting is talked about.If both sides are evil,do I need to say more?IF you want to look up the past as to what the government can do.look up the 1932 world war one veteran's march on Washington DC. The president gave Mc arther the order to disperse the people that would not leave Washington DC.Mcarther. gave Isenhower and patton the order to move them out.Many veterans and family members were killed in the process.The article I read on my computer said that the president told Mcarther to do it peacefully .Nothing was said about an officer being prosecuted for not following orders so maybe the president did not care how it was handled.I know this is not an optimistic view,but it could happen today with the laws signed buy George bush jr. after 9-11

1. Any purchases of a firearm from an FFL or private purchase of a pistol in CT requires a DPS 3-C form be completed. The seller keeps one copy, one copy to the town police of the purchaser and one copy to the state police. The recent changes in the law added long guns as well.

2. There is a template of a letter which states that the owner of a firearm or magazine prohibited under the new CT law that was not registered has 4 options: destroy or render it permanently inoperable, sell it out of state, give/sell it to a FFL or turn it into the State Police. I am not aware of anybody who has seen a letter actually sent to a person yet.

My prediction is that CT will not seek to do anything of significance until after the election. However any gunowner who did not register a firearm or magazine and is arrested for a different crime will be prosecuted for the firerms charge as well.

As a US Citizen we have a duty to ignore unconstitutional laws . Stay the fight CT and never comply !

We can always say we're following the Attorney General's example... ;)

As a certain singer once said, "Ain't it great to be alive and be in Tennessee!!"

My condolences to those in states like Ct. and NY!!

what would happen if, all those gun owners who receive those letters just send them back

Try it and see who "blinks" first. Remember who fired the "first shot" in the first American Revolution?

I wonder how the Ct legislature and supreme court can ignore the Ct constitution Article 1 sec 15

"SEC. 15. Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state."
Let alone the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution being incorporated.

I wonder how the Ct legislature and supreme court can ignore the Ct constitution Article 1 sec 15

"SEC. 15. Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state."
Let alone the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution being incorporated.

A good link for what is REALLY happening in CT is http://www.ccdl.us/

They are politicians, whose constituents allegedly* demanded that they do SOMETHING after the Sandy Hook tragedy. So some back room deals and threats were made and a whole bunch of A & B NRA rated polticians of BOTH parties sold gun owners out. The court case never went to the CT Supreme Court as the people bringing suit believed (correctly in my opinion) that the CT Supreme Cout rule in favor of CT.

Instead they brought suit to the Federal 2nd Circuit and as they expected, lost at the first level. They have already filed the appeal.

To date there have been NO confirmed confiscation letters. The letter referred to in the links appears to be a draft composed on 1/2/2014, well before the CT State Police had a chance to open all of the mail.

* I say allegedly because at the hearings, the anti-gun people that showed up to testify were easily less then 10% of the people present and more likely less the 5% of the people present.

A good link for what is REALLY happening in CT is http://www.ccdl.us/

They are politicians, whose constituents allegedly* demanded that they do SOMETHING after the Sandy Hook tragedy. So some back room deals and threats were made and a whole bunch of A & B NRA rated polticians of BOTH parties sold gun owners out. The court case never went to the CT Supreme Court as the people bringing suit believed (correctly in my opinion) that the CT Supreme Cout rule in favor of CT.

Instead they brought suit to the Federal 2nd Circuit and as they expected, lost at the first level. They have already filed the appeal.

To date there have been NO confirmed confiscation letters. The letter referred to in the links appears to be a draft composed on 1/2/2014, well before the CT State Police had a chance to open all of the mail.

* I say allegedly because at the hearings, the anti-gun people that showed up to testify were easily less then 10% of the people present and more likely less the 5% of the people present.

Obviously mostly Democrats against the citizens lawful right to arms...

The Senate vote was 26-10, with 20 of 22 Democrats and six of 14 Republicans in support.

The House vote was 105-44, with 85 of 99 Democrats and 20 of 52 Republicans in support.

Liberals (and RINOs) are the ruination of our 2nd Amendment

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived