SASS Wire Forum

Ukrainian Gun Owners Association’s official statement

Subdeacon Joe

They understand the importance of the 2nd. Why can't our politicians?

Send this link to all your elected representatives. And post to all your social media pages.

http://zbroya.info/en/blog/2650_ukrainian-gun-owners-associations-official-statement/

Today every citizen of Ukraine understands why our country has hundreds of thousands of policemen. Last illusions were crushed when riot police used rubber batons and boots at the Independence Square on peaceful citizens.

After such actions we realize that it is not enough to only adopt the Gun Law.

As of today Ukrainian Gun Owners Association will start to work on the preparation of amendments to the Constitution, which will provide an unconditional right for Ukrainian citizens to bear arms.

People should have the right to bear arms, which will be put in written into the Constitution.

Authorities should not and will not be stronger than its people!

Armed people are treated with respect!

Here is what I wrote to my representatives:

The Ukrainian people understand the importance of the 2nd Amendment, why can't you and all the other gun grabbers in office understand it too?

http://zbroya.info/en/blog/2650_ukrainian-gun-owners-associations-official-statement/

Today every citizen of Ukraine understands why our country has hundreds of thousands of policemen. Last illusions were crushed when riot police used rubber batons and boots at the Independence Square on peaceful citizens.

After such actions we realize that it is not enough to only adopt the Gun Law.
As of today Ukrainian Gun Owners Association will start to work on the preparation of amendments to the Constitution, which will provide an unconditional right for Ukrainian citizens to bear arms.

People should have the right to bear arms, which will be put in written into the Constitution.

Authorities should not and will not be stronger than its people!

Armed people are treated with respect!

What has just happened in Ukraine is EXACTLY why the founders wrote the 2nd. As one of them wrote, "The sword, and every terrible implement of the soldier, is the birthright of every American." The Supreme court, in Miller, upheld the concept that we the people are allowed the weapons "in common use" in the military. Why do you work so hard to overturn over 200 years of freedom and civil rights?

Cordially,

Joseph Lovell

Personally, I like the following oft credited to Thomas Jefferson.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I also find of great importance the concept;

"The government is of the people for the people and by the people".

Archived